***MyMagic+ & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why, but some CMs can/will do things others cannot. Many times I have had one CM at one GR tell me no, that absolutely cannot not be done, or give me a price waaaay higher than I know to be true - then I try another GR the next day or on the way back out of the park and they know exactly what I am talking about and make it happen. This always happens to me around upgrading/adding to tickets. It's always been worth it to me to check and check again. Good luck! Parts of this transition are way too stressful.

I spent 40 minutes on the phone with IT getting my DVC reservation onto MDX and now I can't log into the DVC site today. For all her good intentions she has somehow altered my DVC login now.

Do you have different log ons for DVC and MDE

I don't know why, but some CMs can/will do things others cannot.

Very true statement. Let me give you an example. When I first tried to link my resort reservations to MDE, I wasn't able to because hotels.com didn't provide me with a Disney Reservation number. So I called Disney and the CM tried to locate my reservations at POP and she said she saw nothing under my name. She also said that third party reservations usually don't show up in their system until 30 days prior to arrival.

Immediately, after this call, I called hotels.com and managed to get a CSR good enough to put me on hold and he called Pop directly himself and got me the reservation # (Pop would not release the number directly to me).

While he remained on the phone with me, I managed to successfully link my reservations to MDE. So all of a sudden the reservation appeared? I don't think so. :eek:

That's not reserving a FP+. That's just an option to add something to your plans - sort of like a "things I want to do" list.

There is no MSEP or Wishes available after September 24th. It's not that it's sold out, it just hasn't been made available.

You don't have to scrap existing FP+ to check availability. Just click on a day from the FP+ screen, choose a day (even if you have existing FP+ for a different park), then choose "Select or Replace", choose your party, and choose MK (or any park you want to check). If something isn't there, it isn't available to you, and it doesn't matter what you do to your existing FP+, there's nothing you can do to make it magically appear.

If you then cancel, no changes will be made to your existing FP+.

BOG isn't under FP+. It's on a separate site (beourguestlunch.disney.go.com). You'll need a 10 digit confirmation number (either from your Magical Express tickets or from your Magicband confirmation page) to log in and check for availability.

Awesome help-thank you so much! I hadn't paid it much mind b/c our resort wasn't expected to be included.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Am I doing this wrong? We got the magic bands for our 7 night stay at CSR in October. I was just making our Fastpass + selections, and after 4 days it told me we had reached out Fastpass + limit and couldn't select any more without trading confirmed selections on other days. Isn't it three per person per day?

What are the length of tickets you have linked? Are they only 4-day tickets? The limit is based on the tickets, not the reservation.

Do you have different log ons for DVC and MDE

It isn't necessarily that. I had problems, but it was because I have an apostrophe in my last name. I had to get that taken off my reservation to get it to link. That last name has to match perfectly.

Not the only glitches they have though...

We have a split stay both at CBR. last night I customized our MB & did FP+ for the days of our pkg. I wasn't able to do anything for the first 2 nights, room only ressie b/c it's not showing park admission. My 5 night tickets are with the pkg. I was going to pick them up early with the RO ressie. Tonight I went to MDE & there is another set of MB to customize. That seems like such a waste. I still can't make FP+ b/c there still aren't park tickets attached. Wondering if I should do different colors for the 2 ressies so we can keep the MB straight? I figured they would just put all the info together after I checked in

We have a split stay both at CBR. last night I customized our MB & did FP+ for the days of our pkg. I wasn't able to do anything for the first 2 nights, room only ressie b/c it's not showing park admission. My 5 night tickets are with the pkg. I was going to pick them up early with the RO ressie. Tonight I went to MDE & there is another set of MB to customize. That seems like such a waste. I still can't make FP+ b/c there still aren't park tickets attached. Wondering if I should do different colors for the 2 ressies so we can keep the MB straight? I figured they would just put all the info together after I checked in

The multiple bands I think is a side effect of how they are rolling this out, and how the system isn't understanding multiple stays within the window for getting them. Disney must be eating a fair cost on this.

Eventually I would expect it would say, "You have a MagicBand already, you will continue to use it..."

Could anyone help me. I am Staying at Swan and Dolphin Dec 22-30. This is my first time off site. I am wondering if we will be able to BUY magic bands? Will they be available to those of us staying off site for purchase?

Could anyone help me. I am Staying at Swan and Dolphin Dec 22-30. This is my first time off site. I am wondering if we will be able to BUY magic bands? Will they be available to those of us staying off site for purchase?

I'm betting that will be the case, eventually. Next year some time would be my bet. Right now they are working on getting the guests on site all hooked up with the room, tickets, FP, etc MBs. Once the system gets everything worked out, I would imagine tickets would become MBs. But all off site resorts or just DW partner resorts remains to be seen.

So I am just beyond frustrated at this point :headache:

I called IT and explained about my linking issue and the CM asks if I bought my tickets from UT then proceeds to tell me this is why I can not link them as UT tickets will not link and if I get an "invite" to participate in FP+ I will need to go to guest services in the park to have them set up FP + for me.

Bite me Disney! In other words buy your tickets from Disney or else. In all the years I have been visiting WDW and DL I have never felt like I was being pushed aside before or treated like a second class guest but that is how I feel at this moment.

I am ready to cancel my entire trip! :furious:

Bull their IT sucks they have my issue for two weeks my cards are there and I can't make FP+ reservations.. In one word excuse my language THEY SUCK

I'm not sure why people are upset that their tickets NOT purchased through Disney are not working. Since the system is TESTING, there is no guarantee that anything will go right. None of us are entitled to the test.

If your discounted, third party ticket does not work on MDEx, call IT. Do they have to get to working before your trip? No. It's a test. Will they try? Possibly, since people will always buy discounted tickets and stay on property. But this is a test, Maybe this is the beginning of them figuring out who to offer FP+ to...

When all things are said and done... This is a test. A test where they find out the problems and TRY to fix them. Will everything go smoothly? Absolutely not. Its not supposed to. You can bash Disney all you want about something not going right with your bands or FP+ or linking your ticket.... IT'S A TEST! But they are working out problems and finding new problems everyday. This is why there are regular FP still available. Don't expect Disney to bend over backward during this test to get UT tickets to work smoothly. Nothing is supposed to go smoothly in a test.

For me, I'm glad they still have issues. That means, hopefully, it won't be rolled out for some time. I like my regular FP just fine.

Oh really ??? These are disney tickets and no matter where they where bought it should work.. Test or not they still need should fix people's issues......

I'm not sure why people are upset that their tickets NOT purchased through Disney are not working. Since the system is TESTING, there is no guarantee that anything will go right. None of us are entitled to the test.

If your discounted, third party ticket does not work on MDEx, call IT. Do they have to get to working before your trip? No. It's a test. Will they try? Possibly, since people will always buy discounted tickets and stay on property. But this is a test, Maybe this is the beginning of them figuring out who to offer FP+ to...

When all things are said and done... This is a test. A test where they find out the problems and TRY to fix them. Will everything go smoothly? Absolutely not. Its not supposed to. You can bash Disney all you want about something not going right with your bands or FP+ or linking your ticket.... IT'S A TEST! But they are working out problems and finding new problems everyday. This is why there are regular FP still available. Don't expect Disney to bend over backward during this test to get UT tickets to work smoothly. Nothing is supposed to go smoothly in a test.

For me, I'm glad they still have issues. That means, hopefully, it won't be rolled out for some time. I like my regular FP just fine.

Well stated. Thanks for reminding us all that all of this is just a test. I figure if my MB doesn't work I will experience the Magic like I have in the past...use FP and whip out my KTTW for charges!!!!!

Bull their IT sucks they have my issue for two weeks my cards are there and I can't make FP+ reservations.. In one word excuse my language THEY SUCK

I hate to point this out, but what part of "this is a test" is ambiguous? If it's not working for you at this stage, just don't use it (as is the case for lots of other guests who are not staying at participating resorts).

But I agree that they should have pre-tested rather more combinations and options than they seem to have done before letting this loose on live guests.

Andre

No but it seems to pop up earlier and before you get the actual letter from Disney. If you do online check in most likely you will get the Magic Band customization notice and be able to do FP+. If you don't want to do online check in you just have to wait longer to customize and make your FP+.

At least that's how it worked with me.

I'm here now and absolutely love the bands. I had issues with the site too but once here everything is great

I'm here now and absolutely love the bands. I had issues with the site too but once here everything is great
That's great to hear! Can't wait to get there myself in 20 days. :) glad you are enjoying the experience!!

Thanks everyone,

No but it seems to pop up earlier and before you get the actual letter from Disney. If you do online check in most likely you will get the Magic Band customization notice and be able to do FP+. If you don't want to do online check in you just have to wait longer to customize and make your FP+.

At least that's how it worked with me.

That's what I'm afraid of. I have been trying for days to do online checkin. Even the myDisneyreservation comes up with an error. I called IT twice and have gotten nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter