• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***MyMagic+ & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me if there is some type of sched of what hotels are participating when? We're staying @ BWI in Oct & so far, I've heard that we aren't included, but just wondering if there is somewhere that has a link to the test dates/places?

There is no public schedule. Right now, testing is scheduled for all of September and October (must be checking in on or before Oct. 31st) to one of the following resorts:

AKL (Jambo House only, including villas), CR, YC, BC/BCV, Poly, POP, AOA, POR

We have not heard anything about more resorts being added before the end of October, or what the plans are after.

It is expected that resorts currently testing will continue to do so in November, but they are not enabling MagicBand selections yet. It is also expected that more resorts will be added.

I am staying at BLT next month. For some reason, today I am allowed to actually see the FP+ site and even make 'reservations' if I want to. I haven't clicked all the way through, but I am confused. Did they open up FP+ testing to more resorts? Is this normal?

Before today, when I clicked on that section of the website, it didn't let me get as far in as I am today.

All you have to do is MODIFY the reservation from Poly to YC. I just did the same thing basically. We had reservations at AOA in a suite and I have already made FP+, reservations and had my MB's. YC finially opened up with a great AP rate and I couldn't change resorts fast enough. Since both resorts are testing, there won't be any problem. You just have to call and say you are changing resorts. You will keep the same reservation number, therefore keeping everything else. Now HOWEVER, If you cancel that Poly and then rebook to YC under a new reservation number, that's where things go haywire and you will lose all of your planning. When I called the other day and switched our resorts, it was easy, the only thing that changed on MDE was the hotel info.

OK, that's what I thought. They had actually made us a whole new reservation. We are just keeping out original. After talking to Disney, DH's contact was going to have to call the conference people, who were going to have to call Disney to convert our ORIGINAL reservation. "I'm like ... forget it. You're just going to have to suffer taking a shuttle, homeboy. I'm going for a lapu lapu." Thanks!

I am staying at BLT next month. For some reason, today I am allowed to actually see the FP+ site and even make 'reservations' if I want to. I haven't clicked all the way through, but I am confused. Did they open up FP+ testing to more resorts? Is this normal?

Before today, when I clicked on that section of the website, it didn't let me get as far in as I am today.

Do you already have MagicBands for a previous stay? Or is it allowing you to customize your bands too?

I haven't heard about them opening up for anything yet.

Do you already have MagicBands for a previous stay? Or is it allowing you to customize your bands too?

I haven't heard about them opening up for anything yet.

I have a converted AP that is "touch to pass". I do not have a magicband (the wrist kind). My DH has an AP as well, but his is not converted. It lets me add him to the FP+ as well. WEIRD!!

Well this is new. I have 2 day tickets from February 2013 that are still on KTTW cards. We didn't use them, because we had AP's.
I hadn't been able to add them before, and when I tried it said they were already associated to an account.
Now when I attempt to add them it says..

Please double check the ID number on your ticket or pass. If you are attempting to link a Main Entrance Pass or reusable Guest Pass, unfortunately we are not yet able to link your pass type. We'll share more information about how to link your passes later

Weird. However I am slightly (only very slightly) encouraged that they are working on the issue at least. I called about it before and the IT lady had zero idea what was going on and told me to try again in a few months:rolleyes2.
Another thing that is different is there is a now another section to click if your tickets from "prior to 2010". Up until very recently, that section was for any ticket before February 2013. It still didn't work for me, but at least things are changing, even if they don't make sense.:rotfl:

I wanted to see if wishes was av. for 9/26 and I went into change my options hopeing wishes would be av., but it didn't appear to be, but I could only make two selections. Is there a clitch in the systems because currently I have three FP+ so I don't want to loose one.:confused3

I was wondering about the bog fp+ reservations. I am going in early december and staying at OKW. I do not want to be included in fp+ or get magic bands until absolutely necessary. Nothing against anyone who does, just a personal preference. Is there any way I can get a fp+ reservation for bog and just for that without opting into fp+ (assuming that they are still just testing in december)? How would that work? Where would it be linked? Thank you!

I wanted to see if wishes was av. for 9/26 and I went into change my options hopeing wishes would be av., but it didn't appear to be, but I could only make two selections. Is there a clitch in the systems because currently I have three FP+ so I don't want to loose one.:confused3

I don't know of it is a glitch but it is happening to the whole system. When I pick the MK on 9/26 it tells me to pick up to 2 options and there is no wishes listed.

Very odd.

We got our MB in last week. We haven't signed up for our FP times yet. Today I got a UPS Express envelope from Disney with a letter inviting us to participate in the "My Magic+ test". I'm not sure what to do with that. Do I assume the ones I already have are invalid and I need to order new ones? Do I throw the letter away b/c we already have the bands in hand? Has anyone had this happen?

Do I assume the ones I already have are invalid and I need to order new ones? Do I throw the letter away b/c we already have the bands in hand? Has anyone had this happen?

The MagicBands you received prior to the official notification will work just fine.

We got our MB in last week. We haven't signed up for our FP times yet. Today I got a UPS Express envelope from Disney with a letter inviting us to participate in the "My Magic+ test". I'm not sure what to do with that. Do I assume the ones I already have are invalid and I need to order new ones? Do I throw the letter away b/c we already have the bands in hand? Has anyone had this happen?

Toss the letter, it is just way far behind the computer system and is a holdover from the 17day window they originally set.

Well looks like they definitely are opening up the FP+ testing...or even completely up to all. Like me, others on the Oct FP+ thread who were not staying at FP+ resorts are now able to make FP+ reservations. I also re-did my check in online and now was able to order magicbands.

YAY!!:cool1:

When I go into MyDisneyExperience I now see that I have 3 cards for each member of our family under the MagicBands & Cards section. They look like KTTW cards from our past trips and say they are still active:confused3 I am planning on going through and deactivating all 12 cards. Can anyone think of a reason not to deactivate them??

checking in to POFQ on 10/19 and was able to make FP+ selections for mine and sis family and order MB's. No notification, just logged at the office this afternoon and there was FP+

When I go into MyDisneyExperience I now see that I have 3 cards for each member of our family under the MagicBands & Cards section. They look like KTTW cards from our past trips and say they are still active:confused3 I am planning on going through and deactivating all 12 cards. Can anyone think of a reason not to deactivate them??

Same hear, only we have two cards for each family member (our next trip isn't until march so we have no magic band assigned as of now or access to fast pass plus).

Yeah, if you leave them alone you can likely pull FPs with them if you still have them in your possession. ;)

Now that it looks like the system will be completely live in a week (at least for resort guests), I wonder how much longer the FP- machines will stick around. If this is no longer a test come October, I doubt they will issue both MagicBands and KTTW cards to all resort guests.

Now that it looks like the system will be completely live in a week (at least for resort guests), I wonder how much longer the FP- machines will stick around. If this is no longer a test come October, I doubt they will issue both MagicBands and KTTW cards to all resort guests.

I can see them continuing to issue the KTTW cards for the fist month or two of full roll out. They are suddenly dumping a WHOLE LOT more people into the system. If the busy little circuit boards get too stressed, things could go buggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter