***MyMagic+ & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about Magic Bands/Cards and Tickets I hoping someone may be able to answer.

On MDE I have for myself 1 Magic band and one 5-day park pass. (I check in later in Sept)

The park pass shows listed under the "tickets" section. And it also shows under the Magic bands/cards section. Is that correct? Or is the Magic bands/cards section only supposed to show the magic band and KttW card?

I'm not sure if "card" means KttW card or any ticket. And my mom, who has annual pass, only shows the magic band under Magic bands/cards and the annual pass show under tickets.

Not sure if this is a problem or not. If so I want to try to get it fixed before our trip.

Thanks!

I see the same on my MDE. We have 3 cards for myself, wife and daughter. My son's does not show up as a card. His shows up under my reservations/tickets.

One the phone app, when I see his profile, I see the ticket under the Tickets/Passes section and not under the Magic Bands/Cards section. So the ticket is assigned to him...

I believe the difference is that Magic Bands/Cards only show the items that have RFID. All other standard tickets would show up under the Tickets/Passes...

I would call IT and ask them but for entry I'd use the physical ticket to enter the park not the magic band just to prevent errors.
If it is attached to your room key then just enter with that. The MagicBands don't need to be activated at the gate or anything for the FP+ to work.

Is this for sure? Have you entered park with KTTW and your MB worked? I have a split stay coming up first resort non testing so can only set up FP+ starting my check in day at second resort. But I want to get to AK for rope drop as it is my friends favorite park. I called IT and they said I would have to have the testing resort set it up before I went into park though they could do it before I actually checked into resort. So I guess what I am wondering is even if FP+ doesn't require MB entry it might still be tied to resort testing. So staying at testing resort first or throughout stay is still needed to access FP+.

Is this for sure? Have you entered park with KTTW and your MB worked? I have a split stay coming up first resort non testing so can only set up FP+ starting my check in day at second resort. But I want to get to AK for rope drop as it is my friends favorite park. I called IT and they said I would have to have the testing resort set it up before I went into park though they could do it before I actually checked into resort. So I guess what I am wondering is even if FP+ doesn't require MB entry it might still be tied to resort testing. So staying at testing resort first or throughout stay is still needed to access FP+.

Yes of course I have. Feel free to search my posts as I posted about my testing throughout July into August. I was using FP+ with a non valid ticket attached. I didn't even use the ticket to enter the park as it was a used up 1 day hopper.

I wonder if there will be a limit to how many people you can schedule for or add to your friends and family list.

We are going in 2015 with my parent and sisters family so we will be about 10 of us in total.

Yes of course I have. Feel free to search my posts as I posted about my testing throughout July into August. I was using FP+ with a non valid ticket attached. I didn't even use the ticket to enter the park as it was a used up 1 day hopper.

Ok but it still looks like you started your trip at a testing resort. Did I miss something?

Ok but it still looks like you started your trip at a testing resort. Did I miss something?

Sorry I missed the part about you staying at a non-testing resort first. Supposedly the non-testing resort can setup your bands to be active for you. I have read someone on here did that with success. So you should ask the front desk of your first resort to setup the bands to work starting day one. I'd search out the posts on this section of the boards to see if it turns up. There are so many threads that I cannot remember which one the poster was on.

Sorry I missed the part about you staying at a non-testing resort first. Supposedly the non-testing resort can setup your bands to be active for you. I have read someone on here did that with success. So you should ask the front desk of your first resort to setup the bands to work starting day one. I'd search out the posts on this section of the boards to see if it turns up. There are so many threads that I cannot remember which one the poster was on.

Think I read that one too. Yes this info is overwhelming. IT did say I could stop by the testing resort before I checked in to have it set up and I will go that route if non/testing resort can't. Just trying to have the game plan set up. Thanks for your help .

Hi All! I apologize if this has been answered before, but I was finally able to book my FP+ now that we are 60 days out. I was able to book for certain attractions but no ability to make a FP+ for Illuminations, Fantasmic or Wishes. Has anyone else run into this scenario? Also, if I didn't choose three FP+ it chose the extra amount for me, sometimes ones that I didn't want. When I tried to cancel the ones I didn't want, it cancelled all the ones I did want! :confused3 Will I be able to somehow cancel the ones that MDE chose for me?? This is SO CONFUSING!! :crazy2:

Hi All! I apologize if this has been answered before, but I was finally able to book my FP+ now that we are 60 days out. I was able to book for certain attractions but no ability to make a FP+ for Illuminations, Fantasmic or Wishes. Has anyone else run into this scenario? Also, if I didn't choose three FP+ it chose the extra amount for me, sometimes ones that I didn't want. When I tried to cancel the ones I didn't want, it cancelled all the ones I did want! :confused3 Will I be able to somehow cancel the ones that MDE chose for me?? This is SO CONFUSING!! :crazy2:

I also chose my FP+ this week and was NOT able to select any Fireworks/evening shows. :sad2: Not sure about your issue with the cancelling the unwanted FP's. Sorry!

No you won't. It is a firm 3 FPs selected at the same time (sometimes 4 for MK). Use them or don't but to make 1 you have to make all of them.

I have linked my park tickets from UT on MDE. Will they automatically be attached to our magic bands and KTTW card or do we still have to have the added when we check in?

No you won't. It is a firm 3 FPs selected at the same time (sometimes 4 for MK). Use them or don't but to make 1 you have to make all of them.

I'm still shaking my head at this. What an absurd waste of FP capacity.

I'm still shaking my head at this. What an absurd waste of FP capacity.

Except it's not, because Disney knows that a % of FP+ reservations won't be used. They calculate that in to the total that will be released. And in time, that % will become more and more accurate based on time of year, crowd levels, etc, to the point where they will be able to predict it fairly accurately.

So if a ride can handle 10,000 FP+ riders in a day, Disney will release many more FP+ than that - perhaps 15,000 - knowing that the % of redemptions will not be 100%. It's built into the reservation system.

It's no different than the many people who obtain a regular FP and end up not returning for it. Disney takes that into account, too, with the FP distribution rate. It's the same thing.

Forgive me, I know this has probably been asked. When you make your choices with the FP+ online for your upcoming trip to WDW, how strict are they about enforcing your FP+ return times? Example for my first day I choose 3 rides:

Ak Dinosaur 11-12
exped Everest 12:50-1:50
Rapids 2:10-3:10

Are they strictly enforcing those return times? Will I not be able to enter say, Dionsaur, at 3pm instead? In years past we have had no troubles entering a ride once we secured our fast pass, no matter what time was printed on them. We could go 6 hours after the pass time ended with no concern. How much do I really have to stick to these times? Thanks

Forgive me, I know this has probably been asked. When you make your choices with the FP+ online for your upcoming trip to WDW, how strict are they about enforcing your FP+ return times? Example for my first day I choose 3 rides:

Ak Dinosaur 11-12

Are they strictly enforcing those return times? Will I not be able to enter say, Dionsaur, at 3pm instead? In years past we have had no troubles entering a ride once we secured our fast pass, no matter what time was printed on them. We could go 6 hours after the pass time ended with no concern. How much do I really have to stick to these times? Thanks

Strictly enforcing return times, have been for a year now. You can go in and change those FP+ times individually if you'd like.

Ak Dinosaur 11-12

Strict enforcement of Fastpass returns started almost 17 months ago. You cannot return after the stated times. This is more important with FP+ being utilized as well - otherwise people wouldn't care what time those chose to return, and just showed up when they wanted to anyways.

I have linked my park tickets from UT on MDE. Will they automatically be attached to our magic bands and KTTW card or do we still have to have the added when we check in?

We just did this. We did not have to give any more info at checking. They did not even ask to see the paper tickets.

We just did this. We did not have to give any more info at checking. They did not even ask to see the paper tickets.

What if we have two sets of magic bands since we're doing a split stay? Are our UT papertickets attached to both sets of magic bands?

What if we have two sets of magic bands since we're doing a split stay? Are our UT papertickets attached to both sets of magic bands?

From the MagicBand FAQs:
Q. I have multiple MagicBands or cards. How do I manage them?

A. You manage your MagicBands or cards in the MagicBand section of My Profile. For example, you are able to:
  • Activate or deactivate MagicBands or cards
  • Report a MagicBand or card as lost
  • Customize MagicBands before they are shipped
Multiple MagicBands or cards can be assigned to a single person, so activating a new MagicBand or card does not mean that you must deactivate an existing MagicBand or card. All active MagicBands or cards assigned to a person have access to the benefits and entitlements for that person. Adding a new MagicBand or card does not add new entitlements, such as additional theme park admissions.

If you require additional assistance managing your MagicBands or cards, please contact us or visit any Guest Relations location at Walt Disney World Resort.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/bands-cards/multiple-magic-bands/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter