***MyMagic+ & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been about a week and a half now since I first called (called again Tuesday) and they upgraded it to a Level 2 problem. I am not sure if it will mess anything up but would love to hear of someone else that had this problem and has already gone or made FP+ reservations. I just don't want it to mess up my ability to change the FP+ on my phone in the park if my tickets only show on the website and not the app.

I'm having the same problem. I hope they get it worked out before our Nov. trip. Should I call too?

I don't think it is a "cheat" or a "loophole". The ONLY place I've read that it isn't allowed is on these boards. I was never able to find it in any of the official correspondence I received from Disney for our trip last week.

It WAS in the original terms and conditions for MDX/MM+, but it was removed before testing began.

Staying at POR from Oct. 20th - 30th.
Will it be only FP + with the Magic bands or will we still get a Keycard also to use FP-
?

What resorts are testing in September and October? I am really hoping SSR is added to the test soon. I don't want to miss out!!

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Staying at POR from Oct. 20th - 30th.
Will it be only FP + with the Magic bands or will we still get a Keycard also to use FP-
?

You will get a Magic Band plus a backup KttW card for the foreseeable future at POR, although they will presumably be gradually phased out at some time in the future.

However what it is not yet certain is how long you will be able to get regular (park ticket based) FastPasses while you are using pre-booked FP+, they could disable that option whenever they want; certainly they can't keep it going forever once FP+ becomes mainstream.

Andre

I'm having the same problem. I hope they get it worked out before our Nov. trip. Should I call too?

It probably wouldn't hurt so they know more people have this problem with their Magic Your Way tickets from a package not showing up on the app but only on the MDE website. You would think it would be a simple fix to just add those tickets to the app, but I am guessing something in their system isn't talking properly between the app and the website.

Wanted to share my experience with split stay for our upcoming Oct trip-

For part of the trip we are staying in a AOA suite with my in laws. They booked the trip in their name, under their disney account under room only. For the second part of the trip we are staying at AOA in a LM room only after the in laws leave. We booked the second part under our name and our account.

Hubby, me and kids bought tickets through UCT. I added the tickets to our MDE which had our LM room reservation shown. For those days I was able to get magic bands and select fast passes no problem.

I tried to link our first part of the stay in the suite with in laws to my account so that we may select fast pass plus for that portion of the trip and it wouldn't let me since my in laws already had it linked under their account-

I called disney IT and they were wonderful. Somehow they were able to get the reservation so that it also showed both parts of the stay under my account and I was able to select fast passes for that portion of the stay as well- even though my in laws don't have park tickets yet. Obviously they cannot get fast pass plus since they don't have tickets.

We will now be getting two magic bands. IT told me that it will not be an issue when we arrive and we can use either band when we arrive. We shall see.

Also- to make things more confusing, we are staying at OKW for the beginning of the trip. While OKW isn't testing- Disney IT Dept. said that all resorts now have the capability to link our room to the magic bands. We will not be able to get fast pass plus for that portion of the trip but we should still be able to use our magic bands to get into our rooms, as long as OKW has CMs who know what they are doing.

When all else fails- call the IT dept and do it before your magic bands are sent. They completely answered all my questions and helped us with our fast pass plus issues.

I was able to book FP+ passes for my DH and myself for this October. On my laptop, my reservations say that I have a pass for both of us. When I checked the MDE app on my smart phone, under my reservations it says that I have 1 fast pass reservation...mine...and none for my DH. Anyone know how to fix this?

I was asked by a CM last week for some feedback on the system and my recommendations were:

- don't limit to one park/day
- don't limit to one/attraction per day
- 3 is not even close to enough/day
- keep some available for same day booking

I have seen posts about testers being able to reschedule FP+ rides, even at other parks, if they missed a return time. Even in the FAQs for FP+ it says if you miss a return time, you can simply reschedule for something else that is available. Spoiler alert - This seems like a hint to me!!

Now as far as our wish list - the PP told the CM what many of us want - lighten up on the limits...

I have been up and down on the FP+ thing, and I think I am finally at peace with it (wow!) BECAUSE I think we are going to get what we want. Yes I do. I really, really, really do.

I'll just go on the record with my prediction... *** I think FP+ will be rolled out with the ability to (at 60 days out) reserve 3FP+'s per day...THEN once the first FP+ is used (or the time expires), you will be able to reserve another FP+ for that day from the current pool of selection times at any park. (Testers are doing this now). BUT at full roll-out this process will be repeatable again and again throughout the day. So you can just use the 3 reserved FP+'s, or keep on dipping from the FP+ pool all day. You will just be limited to an active list of 3 FP's, at most, at any given time. ***

I was able to book FP+ passes for my DH and myself for this October. On my laptop, my reservations say that I have a pass for both of us. When I checked the MDE app on my smart phone, under my reservations it says that I have 1 fast pass reservation...mine...and none for my DH. Anyone know how to fix this?

On the "My Plans" page, tap the family/friends icon in the top right corner and make sure you are both selected.

Forgive me if this was asked on a previous page... I'll be staying at CSR Sept. 2-7 and I'm aware that CSR is not one of the "Magic" test resorts. However, I'm planning on upgrading my park hopper to an Annual Pass on my first park day. Would I then, as an AP holder, be able to get a Magic band if I want one, or is it still dependent on where I'm staying during the testing period? Also, will I have access to Fast pass+ ? TIA

I'm so confused for fp+ will I get something in the mail I'm 26 days befor we leave resieved our package already does that mean we didn't get it? Or could we get it still at check in we are at pofq sept 22-28

So you can just use the 3 reserved FP+'s, or keep on dipping from the FP+ pool all day. You will just be limited to an active list of 3 FP's, at most, at any given time. ***

I can't wait to see if this works already once we get there... it makes total sense ...

I can't wait to see if this works already once we get there... it makes total sense ...

It actually doesn't (from what I've read, once you use up 3 FP+, you're done for the day), however I did see someone report that if they had used one of their FP+ for a particular attraction, they could then change one of their remaining FP+ to that already-visited attraction. As an example, if you have 3 FP+ at the MK, and your first FP+ is for Splash Mountain, once you use that Splash FP+, you could then change one of your remaining FP+ to Splash Mountain (based on availability). I don't know if this was a fluke or if this is still possible, but it's worth a shot.

Forgive me if this was asked on a previous page... I'll be staying at CSR Sept. 2-7 and I'm aware that CSR is not one of the "Magic" test resorts. However, I'm planning on upgrading my park hopper to an Annual Pass on my first park day. Would I then, as an AP holder, be able to get a Magic band if I want one, or is it still dependent on where I'm staying during the testing period? Also, will I have access to Fast pass+ ? TIA

For now, you need to be at one of the test resorts. An AP alone (at this point) won't be enough. Obviously in the future this will change, but for your time period, you won't be able to get a Magicband or FP+ unless you're at a test resort.

I'm so confused for fp+ will I get something in the mail I'm 26 days befor we leave resieved our package already does that mean we didn't get it? Or could we get it still at check in we are at pofq sept 22-28

Check the Disney website (you'll need to create a My Disney Experience account if you don't have one). Then you can link your reservation to your account, and then if you're eligible, you can book FP+ and customize your Magicbands. (I think FQ is part of the test but I'm not certain).

It probably wouldn't hurt so they know more people have this problem with their Magic Your Way tickets from a package not showing up on the app but only on the MDE website. You would think it would be a simple fix to just add those tickets to the app, but I am guessing something in their system isn't talking properly between the app and the website.

My tickets don't sure up on the website either, i.e. MYW package is listed under the resort section but under tickets it's blank. I assume I need to call to get them to look at this as I'm currently unable to do my FP+?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My trip isn't for 16 more days but I'm getting concerned that so many rides are breaking down lately. Is this normal? How will this effect people if most of their FP+ get canceled?

here's my MB customisation page

s5u7.png

Thank you for your response, chmurf! Hmmm, darn though, I wish they had purple! I actually thought I saw a pic of a purple one and several people a while ago had mentioned purple. Oh well. Thx again, appreciate the answer with a pic! :)

Getting the problem of only having 14 days of fastpass+ for our 21 night holiday. Which is super annoying as we're only at Disney and plan on being in a park almost every day. Damn. Anyone had a resolve after calling tech support??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter