• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***MyMagic+ & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they said they want to start reducing Free Dining and room discounts? This could be a way to reduce them.

Offering people extra FPs doesn't cost them anything. Giving people free food does. I guess room discounts do in a sense as well, although less directly than food.

i thought they said that too but it's been a while and free DDP and room discounts still abound. 1 extra FP+ per night at a WDW resort and 1 extra FP+ for a Table Service meal at select restaurants (just like the Fantasmic packages)...you bet that would work. I'd be all over it. We stay onsite and eat disney food, discount or not.

I received the email to participate today. I'm staying at Pop 8/2-8/9. I called the tech# listed in the email to ask a few questions.

1. Previous testers have been able to use both FP+ as well normal FP in the same day. Is this still available in the testing phase? She said it was not and that is why they are continuing testing. It is not supposed to allow you to obtain FP outside of your selection during that day. She was actually chosen to participate on Thursday and was specifically told that it would not work.

2. Can I choose to test on only 2-3 of my 8 days? Yes, you can. You choose what days you would like to use FP+. On your other days, you will pull FP as normal.

I got an email about this today too. I'm assuming it's the same one that you got (entitled: "You're invited to participate in a special test during your upcoming trip!")

I had similar questions, so I appreciate you sharing the answers you received. I'm really torn on whether or not to participate. :confused3While I'm interested in testing the system, I'm nervous about it too because I don't fully understand it. :worried:

DH and I like the current FP system and it works for us. When I casually mentioned the new system & the magic bands to DH last week, he was less than thrilled.

:confused3 Oh, what to do? what to do?:confused3

She didn't ask why you wouldn't want to participate all 8 days?? To me that would seem like a big clue that there is something about the system you don't like. Maybe that will be something you can disclose to them later.

Is it safe to trust a phone CM about something so important?? What would you do if you find out she was incorrect and you would in fact be locked into FP+ for all 8 days? Just something to think about. :)

I told her up front that I don't like the idea of being limited to just one TSM FP or just one Kali FP so I wouldn't like trying it those park days. But I wouldnt mind at EP or MK. If she turns out to be wrong, I will speak w/mgmt and get changed back to our normal FP. I'm not scared.... :thumbsup2

I received the email to participate today. I'm staying at Pop 8/2-8/9. I called the tech# listed in the email to ask a few questions.

1. Previous testers have been able to use both FP+ as well normal FP in the same day. Is this still available in the testing phase? She said it was not and that is why they are continuing testing. It is not supposed to allow you to obtain FP outside of your selection during that day. She was actually chosen to participate on Thursday and was specifically told that it would not work.

2. Can I choose to test on only 2-3 of my 8 days? Yes, you can. You choose what days you would like to use FP+. On your other days, you will pull FP as normal.

I'd still be VERY skeptical about question number 2. I don't know that I would trust Disney to get that right on the word of a phone CM. I'd be concerned they were told people could participate only part of the days, thinking the other days they weren't going to a Disney park at all. I just don't believe for a minute that Disney IT will block regular FP on the days you are in the test, but not block it other days.

Perhaps they really aren't blocking regular FP at ALL (for the test) but are just hoping people won't try it out once they've been told it won't work.

Just got off the phone with technical support about other issues I'm having with the MDX and Android app.

At the end of the call, when asked if there was anything else they could do for me, I asked if there was any insider information she was willing to share about the MM+, FP+ roll-out.

Surprisingly, for the first time, I got someone to say something more than just "we are in testing".

This is what was told to me:

Testing will continue through at least the end of August.

Deluxe resorts (SSR) are expected to be functional by F&W (the response to my question of "Is it probable, maybe, or not likely by my 10/30 trip" was "probable, since Saratoga is a deluxe resort").

All of the testers have been / are expected to fill out a survey detailing how they liked the FP+ and they are using the feedback to look at changing options. (The tech support CM mentioned specifically the limit of 3 FP+ and inability to park-hop with FP+, as well as concerns centered around AP and seasonal pass holders).

They are hoping to address the 1-park rule after the roll-out is complete, so it may be a year down the road or longer, but after she mentioned the park-hopper issues that have been brought up by testers I specifically asked if park-hopping would be available with FP+ "eventually" and she responded "yes".

"They have fingers crossed, toes crossed, and all the other body parts crossed" (her phrasing) that the roll-out will be "essentially complete" by the time F&W is finished.

:goodvibes Still waffling between abject paranoia and extreme giddiness, but feeling a smidgen better overall.

They are hoping to address the 1-park rule after the roll-out is complete, so it may be a year down the road or longer, but after she mentioned the park-hopper issues that have been brought up by testers I specifically asked if park-hopping would be available with FP+ "eventually" and she responded "yes".

Translation: We need to see if revenue from park hoppers takes a dive before we decide if it's worth addressing.

"They have fingers crossed, toes crossed, and all the other body parts crossed" (her phrasing) that the roll-out will be "essentially complete" by the time F&W is finished.

I had a hunch there was a lot of finger and toe crossing involved in their business plan with this.

From the way she spoke, the park-hopper issue was not related to revenue, but was something that they felt needed addressed based on feedback.

From the way she presented the problem, it was in the category of "oops, we didn't think this part through, but there is so much other stuff happening we will deal with it after instead of adding in some new complication in the middle."

Can I have misunderstood? Yes. Do I think I did? No, or I wouldn't have said it.

I'd still be VERY skeptical about question number 2. I don't know that I would trust Disney to get that right on the word of a phone CM. I'd be concerned they were told people could participate only part of the days, thinking the other days they weren't going to a Disney park at all. I just don't believe for a minute that Disney IT will block regular FP on the days you are in the test, but not block it other days.

Perhaps they really aren't blocking regular FP at ALL (for the test) but are just hoping people won't try it out once they've been told it won't work.

Maybe the way they are going to keep them from using it is to not give them a card. If all they have is a MB then they won't have anything to get regular FP with.

I don't see a code. There are step-by-step instructions and a number to call with questions or if help is needed.

So I wonder if everyone who ordered bands and made fp+ reservations today without getting an email will be ok?

I'm going in August and was never able to do anything ... staying at CBR

So I wonder if everyone who ordered bands and made fp+ reservations today without getting an email will be ok?

Only people staying at test resorts had the option to use FP+ or MagicBands.

Looks to me like the first post of this thread could use an update. ;)

I'm researching some of the info about these tests. To the best of my knowledge, there are multiple ones occurring over the next couple weeks, but some will use more capabilities of MM+ than others. Realistically, we haven't learned anything new so far, just some more tests, which I'm working on.

We have AP vouchers we purchased last year during the DVC special offer. We have yet to pick these up - am I right in assuming there will be no way to link those vouchers to DME because they aren't AP's?

We will be there in October and will redeem the vouchers then.

I'm researching some of the info about these tests. To the best of my knowledge, there are multiple ones occurring over the next couple weeks, but some will use more capabilities of MM+ than others. Realistically, we haven't learned anything new so far, just some more tests, which I'm working on.

I don't see anything new to update either.

It looks like we are back to:

1 park a day,
3 FP pre scheduled in advance
If using FP+, regular FP won't be available
No repeat scheduling of the same ride per day
People can make changes throughout the day as long as the FP hasn't expired.
We know everything about the bands

The only difference I see, is that Disney has eliminated the tiers from the December tests.

What we don't know is when do the interactive queues get turned on.

Sounds just like Nick Franklin described in January.

I have bern able to order the magic bands for our August vacay, and link my current AP. our trip goes from Aug 17 - sept 1. Our APs exp 8/22, I was going to renew once we got there.
mDE doesn't let me book any FPs past 8/22 when AP expires.

So my question: if I renew AP now online, can that be linked to the MDE so I can make the rest of my FP selection?? Or am I outta luck:confused3

I wonder if they've addressed this, surely I'm not the only one that will have an AP that expires mid trip?

I have bern able to order the magic bands for our August vacay, and link my current AP. our trip goes from Aug 17 - sept 1. Our APs exp 8/22, I was going to renew once we got there.
mDE doesn't let me book any FPs past 8/22 when AP expires.

So my question: if I renew AP now online, can that be linked to the MDE so I can make the rest of my FP selection?? Or am I outta luck:confused3

Nobody knows.

We also do not know if what it appears like you "have been able to order"
will, in fact, be available for your trip this time.

Maybe yes, maybe no. I wouldn't put much stock in what the app has or has not allowed you to "do"
at this point.

We have AP vouchers we purchased last year during the DVC special offer. We have yet to pick these up - am I right in assuming there will be no way to link those vouchers to DME because they aren't AP's?

We will be there in October and will redeem the vouchers then.

I was recently able to link a phone order 7 day will call ticket. Previously I had received a message that I could not, so it's worth a try. I believe I also read a report of an individual linking an AP that had not yet been activated.

CBR isn't a test resort. Test resorts are pop, AKL, yacht and contemparary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter