***MyMagic+ & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very valid concerns. I hope this is all part of what they are "testing" now. I have some theories and speculations about this (below) based on the FAQ.

:crazy2: I've emailed them - twice. First response I got was canned, stay tuned to the website for teh most up-to-date info, blah, blah, blah. I am waiting for the response to my second email.

Absolutely!

:stir:
Q.
I am FastPass+ eligible, but I did not reserve access to FastPass+ attractions in advance. When I arrive at the theme park, can I still get FASTPASS tickets?

A.
No. If you are FastPass+ eligible and you entered the park with a ticket linked to My Disney Experience by using your MagicBand or card, you are not able to use FASTPASS service.

If you are not FastPass+ eligible, you are still eligible to use FASTPASS service.
All FASTPASS tickets are subject to availability and are distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Over the coming months, Guests with select Magic Your Way vacation packages will be notified that they may participate in MyMagic+ testing, which includes FastPass+ eligibility.

My thoughts on this portion of the FAQ:
1. If I don't have a package, it may be more beneficial for me to not link my tickets and use Fastpasses in the park. It would give me more flexibility and it won't tie me down to 3-4 FPs, where at least one is an "experience." I could also get more than 1 FP to an attraction.
2. If I have a package, then I have to use FP+. If I don't pre-book, I will still have to use the FP+ in the park to get any Fastpasses.
3. I have the sense that FP+ and FP are going to be separate, at least at the begining, until they completely phase out old FP. But, I am going to guess that it will take some time to completely phase it out.

I have a feeling this section of the FAQ related directly to the testing phase.

I also have a feeling that "traditional" FP will be ended suddenly, although with notice. Once testing is done and FP+ goes live, ALL tickets should be FP+ eligible, no matter where you buy them, you just have to link them to your account.

I have a feeling we will get a final date January 30, 2014, March 1st 2014, something like that, and traditional FP will be gone.

i just booked our tickets, resort, dining for January 2014. I have the my Disney experience app on my phone. when I go on the website, under my Disney experience, there is a place to link my tickets but I don't have a number anywhere in my reservations to enter. does anyone know if they are just getting the website ready or if we'll be able to link our tickets before our trip? just trying to be prepared for our trip...

mom2rtk said:
I agree.

But I do find it odd that so many who didn't like the old system because they were disadvantaged by sleeping in now like this new system where they will do rope drop for standby followed by PM FPs. :confused3

I am one of those people who feel at a disadvantage for not doing RD. I attempted rope drop once at Hollywood studios and just saw people literally running to toy story mania. By the time I got there the fast pass was for 7 pm and it conflicted with dinner ressies. FP+ allows me to know what I'm doing and takes the morning rush out of everything.

I give all the Disers credit for doing RD with kids. I don't know how they do it!

i just booked our tickets, resort, dining for January 2014. I have the my Disney experience app on my phone. when I go on the website, under my Disney experience, there is a place to link my tickets but I don't have a number anywhere in my reservations to enter. does anyone know if they are just getting the website ready or if we'll be able to link our tickets before our trip? just trying to be prepared for our trip...

I linked my families AP's yesterday. Took the number off the back. I don't know how the other tickets work, but there was a phone number on the link tickets page in case you had trouble.

I also have booked for January 2014. If you go on the desktop version of my Disney experience, your tickets will show up as well as your resort reservation. However, when I log into the app on my iPhone, only the resort shows up and not the tickets. I am not sure exactly what that is all about, however I expect as we get closer to January, the tickets will show up on the app allowing us to make our fast pass plus selections. Also currently on the desktop version, my tickets show up as a cards rather than magic bands. I also imagine, as we get closer to January and Disney probably has made the transition to all magic bands, that the "cards" will be changed to Magic bands.

I noticed the magic band section under the my disney experience. Can you order them now or not? I didn't see a place to...?

I wonder this too, since all I have is a ressie number...

I also have booked for January 2014. If you go on the desktop version of my Disney experience, your tickets will show up as well as your resort reservation. However, when I log into the app on my iPhone, only the resort shows up and not the tickets. I am not sure exactly what that is all about, however I expect as we get closer to January, the tickets will show up on the app allowing us to make our fast pass plus selections. Also currently on the desktop version, my tickets show up as a cards rather than magic bands. I also imagine, as we get closer to January and Disney probably has made the transition to all magic bands, that the "cards" will be changed to Magic bands.

After I linked the four tickets yesterday, I noticed that only three came up-- I called the help number, and the very helpful operator found that it was a display error, which would be corrected in the future. She said all passes were there.

I agree.

But I do find it odd that so many who didn't like the old system because they were disadvantaged by sleeping in now like this new system where they will do rope drop for standby followed by PM FPs. :confused3

Disboards totally needs a "like" button.:thumbsup2

I am totally thinking this will not be a good thing for our family....but I'm trying to find a bright side. We take 10-day trips once per year, so we're lucky that we have more than one day in each park. However, I'm trying to get us to enjoy our vacations more instead of commando touring every day for 12-15 hours------maybe this will FORCE us to take mid-day breaks which we've never really done in 16 trips.......I'm thinking if RD doesn't end up way busier, maybe we'll hit that hard, take a mid-day break, and then come back to the parks to use our pre-booked FPs, assuming we can get them for night times.

Anybody think they are still going to have the rides grouped by tiers, so you can't, for example, get all 3 mountains and PP at the MK OR get TSMM, RnRRC, ToT, and ST? I sure hope we can!

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but, with the magic bands, if they were to come out before may (when we are going to the world) will we be able to pick our colors even though we already booked?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but, with the magic bands, if they were to come out before may (when we are going to the world) will we be able to pick our colors even though we already booked?

Yes. It is expected you will be able to choose them at some point prior to check-in (perhaps the same 60 days as FP+), via the DMX website and perhaps the app.

Yes. It is expected you will be able to choose them at some point prior to check-in (perhaps the same 60 days as FP+), via the DMX website and perhaps the app.

I wonder if they might try to tie online check-in, Magic Bands, and FP+ all into one easy process that becomes available at 60 days out.

I wonder if they might try to tie online check-in, Magic Bands, and FP+ all into one easy process that becomes available at 60 days out.

I agree, along with notifications at 60 days letting guests know it's time to start...

I read the first post and am trying to see if I understand this correctly. I have not read the entire thread, so forgive me if this has already been asked. If my family books a room only reservation and buys our tickets at AAA will we be able to link our tickets to our reservation and use the FP+ option, or do we have to buy the tickets from WDW in order to use the FP+ option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter