Mykonos help!

sistersville

Earning My Ears
Anyone been to Mykonos and would like to recommend a beach to visit for the day? I currently have planned to go to Platis Gialos Beach to the Mykonos Palace hotel because they will pick us up for free and reserve sunbeds for us and we can eat lunch in the hotel. But after reading reviews on TripAdvisor, I'm not sure that this is the best beach. We would like one that has safe and clean swimming for kids, but not super crowded and also food/drinks nearby. Sunbeds are nice, but not a must. Really want somewhere pretty with nice views. Thanks!

We will be there on July 21

Anyone been to Mykonos and would like to recommend a beach to visit for the day? I currently have planned to go to Platis Gialos Beach to the Mykonos Palace hotel because they will pick us up for free and reserve sunbeds for us and we can eat lunch in the hotel. But after reading reviews on TripAdvisor, I'm not sure that this is the best beach. We would like one that has safe and clean swimming for kids, but not super crowded and also food/drinks nearby. Sunbeds are nice, but not a must. Really want somewhere pretty with nice views. Thanks!

Elia beach is the best shelves gently into the sea so good for kids, faces south, does have
a taverna there and limited water sports DCL do go there but I have hired a jeep to go there. Free shuttles may be packed. Buses run to Elia as we'll. some other beaches such as Kefias are windy.

We spent our day at Platis Gialos. We enjoyed it a lot. It is rather crowded, but we enjoyed people watching. Our daughters, 15 and 13, swam and played in the water. We had shaded loungers right where you first get to the beach. There might have been a charge for them, or else it was covered under our food and drink. The restaurant was right there, with great access to food and drink. The owner was very nice and chatted with us for a while.

882850_533942910030672_448242628_o.jpg

736151_533943013363995_1380872244_o.jpg

977007_533943216697308_2089622814_o.jpg

1404522_533943263363970_647831986_o.jpg

1382783_533943610030602_1418082656_n.jpg

1398713_533943863363910_1732127002_o.jpg

Wow! Thanks for the pictures. That doesn't look too bad. But looks like with little ones, I need chairs right at the water. Any other suggestions out there?TIA

We went there a few years ago and stayed at the Mykonos Grande Hotel. We walked down to Ornos Beach one day and it was very nice. I do remember lounge chairs similar to the photos above and there were quite a few people there. Also some great places to eat right on the beach.

We're considering the DCL Elia beach excursion. Is it worth it? Or are we better just staying on the ship and sitting by the pool?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter