• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MyDisExp. apps, Diff between Android and iOS

Kfamilly

Earning My Ears
I was just curious if anybody had heard anything about the Android app being updated to be in parody with version number of the iOS app right now?

On the iOS app as many of you probably know you can view your ADRs and your Room and Ticket Reservations and everything. No such luck on the Android version. Also booking ADRs on Android version is all but impossible as well.

Hopefully it will get a bump before too long.

I'm so glad you posted this question...I have an Android phone and I thought I was crazy because I couldn't find a place on the app with my ADRs, etc. It would be great if they could fix this soon.

I was just curious if anybody had heard anything about the Android app being updated to be in parody with version number of the iOS app right now?

On the iOS app as many of you probably know you can view your ADRs and your Room and Ticket Reservations and everything. No such luck on the Android version. Also booking ADRs on Android version is all but impossible as well.

Hopefully it will get a bump before too long.

hmmm...somewhat appropriate typo

I have both and the Android Version doesn't do a whole lot compared to the Apple.

I'm so glad you posted this question...I have an Android phone and I thought I was crazy because I couldn't find a place on the app with my ADRs, etc. It would be great if they could fix this soon.

its not really fixing the app. it a matter of upgrading it. the iphone app came out many months before android and received the new features well before android. they may have prioritized apple over android for some reason or they have more apple developers. who knows.

Exactly, I just find it odd that there is such a difference in the functionality of the apps. I mean it's not as if Android isn't a major platform or something. :) Oh well, hopefully it will get upgraded here fairly soon. We go in June, and it would be nice to have the full "actual" Disney Experience on my lowly Android phone!!

Thanks

its not really fixing the app. it a matter of upgrading it. the iphone app came out many months before android and received the new features well before android. they may have prioritized apple over android for some reason or they have more apple developers. who knows.

I am not sure if it is a full roll out, but I had an update this morning and can now view my reservations and friends and family. I have not tried to make a new one yet.

I'm updating the app for my android right now. I'm kind of annoyed that for whatever reason the app didn't update automatically like every other app I have. I had to go into the Google Play Store and choose the update manually.

So, when I logged in to the updated app I did have my DINING RESERVATIONS in there, but there seemed to be no where to see our resort reservations. Also, it will only show you your dining ADRS's if you change the calendar day to the actual day of the reservation. So for about 10 minutes I couldn't figure out why I couldn't see my ressies or add them. Turns out it was because I was looking at TODAY instead of any of our trip days in March.

The app is not intuitive at all.

I then had to fart around with the app for bit before I found where my resort ressie was. Why they wouldn't put a link on the start page like they do for dining is beyond me.

EDIT: Okay, finally got the sizing and ordering issues fixed. These are good now :)

To all the folks who find the Android MDE app completely unintuitive, and are THIS CLOSE to throwing their smartphone across the room in frustration, here's how to get to your reservations in the ANDROID MDE ONLY (no idea how IOS version works, sorry):

1. Log into the app (Hey, Disney, PLEASE put in a "remember me" option), and get to the "home Page"

2da4ad3d-0b2b-4aad-996a-b29fb2d9297b_zps00037907.jpg

2. From the home page, tap the "More..." link at the bottom of the screen

e46d6b39-0238-4278-b985-4f45fc0ba874_zpsf6d23f3c.jpg

3. From the "More..." page, tap the "My Reservations" link...

2d931ddc-fbb9-4b30-90e0-d4e7a29fd06b_zpse78a94f3.jpg

4. From the "My Reservations" link, tap either the "Rooms & Packages" link or the "Dining Reservations" link.

4a. From the former (Rooms and Packages link), you'll see something like the following:

bcb7cb13-5af8-4ceb-a668-6fd203dea371_zps55ff42f4.jpg

4b. From the latter (Dining Reservations link), you'll see something like the following:

82bdbf49-4ca7-43fd-b4f7-8c289a493c23_zpsd376ed93.jpg

I hope this is helpful!!!! And Disney, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE simplify this app. I'm a developer. I beg ya. Do some usability studies. Finding my reservations shouldn't be so circuitous. It should be THING ONE on my login!

To all the folks who find the Android MDE app completely unintuitive, and are THIS CLOSE to throwing their smartphone across the room in frustration, here's how to get to your reservations in the ANDROID MDE ONLY (no idea how IOS version works, sorry):

The steps on the iPhone are exactly the same. It's easier to see them on an iPad as there is a reservations icon at the bottom of the screen.

The steps on the iPhone are exactly the same. It's easier to see them on an iPad as there is a reservations icon at the bottom of the screen.

Probably related to screen width and resolution - more buttons at the bottom when they can fit them.

Has anyone checked to see if they made it tablet-installable yet?

Haven't checked my Nexus 7 but it works on my wife's Galaxy Nexus. On my HTC DNA, it doesn't function at all. You open the app and it just sits on a black screen.

Edit: Spoke too soon. Just reinstalled the app to see if the most recent update fixed functionality on the DNA and it works. Sweet. MDE in full 1080p for my trip that's right around the corner.

No update for my Galaxy S2 :crazy2:

I can get to the "More" screen menu, but am missing the "My Reservations" button. :worried:

I just hope they update soon!

doconeill said:
Probably related to screen width and resolution - more buttons at the bottom when they can fit them.

Has anyone checked to see if they made it tablet-installable yet?

Works fine on my galaxy note 10.1 tab

Just got the update. Had to go get it. Wasn't prompted to update. Brings it up to par, which is good to see. I'm happy. :)

Just got the update. Had to go get it. Wasn't prompted to update. Brings it up to par, which is good to see. I'm happy. :)

Android will only check periodically for updates (a bit faster if you have Sync turned on - I usually only turn it on occasionally), but if you go to Google Play, touch the menu button and go to My Apps, it will show you any apps that need updating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter