• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Year of Disney BEGINS: a little Running, a little Drinking: PTR **1/12-W&D-Day 8**

Today is your birthday?? Happy Birthday!

Yesterday! Thank you :) I got to spend time with my nephews and go over trip details for DL. Apparently Finn, who is 2, wants to meet Peter Pan and *serious face* 'Talk to him'. Jack, 4, wants to punch Captain Hook in the face. I got a sweet handmade card from the 3 of them and a drawing of Disneyland. :love:

Happy birthday yesterday!!!

(If Jack does in fact try to punch Captain Hook in the face, please please please take a picture to commemorate it for all time)

Happy birthday yesterday!!!

(If Jack does in fact try to punch Captain Hook in the face, please please please take a picture to commemorate it for all time)

Thanks for the bday wishes! I will have my camera at the ready in case there's any UFC type action. I have a feeling that's some big talk on his part, but we shall see. First we have to find Captain Hook. I don't remember seeing him on our last visit together in 2012. We did run across Peter Pan and got some pics with him and Brady, who was 3 at the time. I'll post the pic if I can find my gosh darn camera.

I booked Hotel Indigo for my January trip for Stars Wars Half weekend. Woot. I know it's early but it's free cancellation. :chewy:

I booked my hotel for the Avengers Half weekend the same day I signed up for the race (also free cancellation). You're in good company :woohoo:.

Just back from the Kaiser Women's Fitness Festival at the state Capitol building where the BFF and I completed the 5K. I just ran it as a regular training day with my C25K program. Ran 28 minutes and walked most of the rest...until the finish line where I picked it up again for those photo ops. :dogdance: Now for the NASCAR race and Game of Thrones tonight!

So I decided to dust off the scale this morning. I was tired of seeing '0% completed' on my weight loss ticker. I was weighed last month at the doctor and this morning I am down 8 lbs from that. Woo hoo! :yay:

That's fantastic! Great job! :)

I finally found my camera...here I am with Chip at Storyteller's Café a couple of years ago. He did a whole schtick about me eating alone that morning and sat down with me in the empty seat before the waiter came by to take a picture.

032 (640x480).jpg

Brady, when he was 3, meeting the Wicked Queen. This was in the Villain's tent near Big Thunder Ranch BBQ during Halloween time. It was a random draw as to what villain you got at what time and I think we got the one who he was most terrified of, poor thing. The Villain's tent may have been my idea. :rolleyes1

094 (640x480).jpg

This morning was my last C25K run! I was pretty sluggish but I made it through. Saturday I'll start 5K-10K after a rest day tomorrow.

10 DAYS til Disneyland!!! :ccat:

Registration for Star Wars Half Marathon weekend is almost here. I'm starting to get nervous. These races, especially the challenges, go so quickly. With that trip in mind, I've been thinking about what restaurants I want to try in January.

• Napa Rose - I can't believe that I haven't made it here yet! WTH is wrong with me? :rolleyes2 The Smiling Tiger Salad has been on my short list for so long. From All Ears: Tempura Fried Lobster, Spicy Beef, Asian Greens, Coconut-Lime Vinaigrette. Mmmmmm. Also, Warm Lemon Meyer Cake with white chocolate. Don't mind if I do.
  • Steakhouse 55 - I've been here once before but that was before the new chef took over. Definitely time to revisit. Last time I actually got the 24 Layer Chocolate Cake but was too full to even touch it after dinner. It made a lovely breakfast the next morning though.
  • Catal/Uva Bar - I want to go here for breakfast and dinner. The breakfast Chilaquiles have always sounded so yummy: Fresh tortilla chips, two fried eggs, Mexican chorizo, ranchero sauce, spicy crema guacamole.
  • Trader Sam's - I know. I haven't made it here yet either. I must try the Passionate Python - Dark and Aged Rums, Red Passion Fruit, and Tropical Juices garnished with an Orange Peel "Python".
  • Return trips to Carthay Circle, Corndog Castle, Cove Bar, Ghirardelli, Cafe Orleans and Storyteller's Cafe are must-dos.

FWIW, the challenge for the Avengers Half weekend didn't sell out for a few days. Only the 10K went super quick :).

Soooo... it's been 7 hours since I managed to register for the Star Wars Rebel Challenge by the skin of my teeth and I think my pulse may have returned to normal. Maybe. Overall the process worked much better for most people, but not for ME. :laughing: Lesson learned: do not use IE as your browser when registering on Active.com or it may not accept your credit card as a valid payment. Which happened to me 3 times before I caught a clue and changed browsers. By that point the challenge was almost sold out and I got the dreaded 'ON HOLD' message. Five minutes of refreshing later, and I got another message that told me all the spots were taken - but keep trying because some may abandon their registration. Luckily I managed to get thru that after maybe a hundred refreshes and, using Chrome, my credit payment was successful. ZOMG that was too, too stressful!

*thoughts of puppy dogs and pancakes* *slow exhale* :yoda:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter