• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Yard Goes Disney

I'd love to have a tiny cabana....and some really comfy wooden chairs with cushions (like those on deck 4) from the ship. :)

I would LOVE to have the cabana in my yard, don't think the HOA would approve though. I can dream....

Do you actually have a TV program about peoples yards having a Disney make over???? Wow... I wish we had that here!

I just saw the promo on YouTube and from what I saw it looks amazing!!

The video is called: My yard goes Disney - Private Island Escape

I also loved it! My DS14 asked if we could have a pool like that in our yard - I told him sure - get a shovel and start digging!
I couldn't believe they didn't have to have a fence around their yard - we live in Louisiana and it is illegal to have an in ground pool with no fence. As a matter of fact it must be a 6 foot high fence.

I also loved it! My DS14 asked if we could have a pool like that in our yard - I told him sure - get a shovel and start digging!
I couldn't believe they didn't have to have a fence around their yard - we live in Louisiana and it is illegal to have an in ground pool with no fence. As a matter of fact it must be a 6 foot high fence.

I don't usually post over here, but I was lurking and caught this show last night.

DH and I thought the same thing about the fence. Even if it were not required, I would not be comfortable having a pool with no fence. You never know what child could wander over. :scared1: I assumed that a big ol' fence wasn't "visually appealing" and maybe they put one in after the taping.

I thought the pool and the cabana were awesome! But I dunno about all that sand. It's kind of like saying, "here kitty, kitty!"

Thanks for the reminder. We switched from Time Warner to Fios last week and didn't reset the DVR for this!

Thank you so much!! I hadn't heard of this show before and we don't get HGTV ... but I was able to look it up and watch the episodes on their website!!

I don't usually post over here, but I was lurking and caught this show last night.

DH and I thought the same thing about the fence. Even if it were not required, I would not be comfortable having a pool with no fence. You never know what child could wander over. :scared1: I assumed that a big ol' fence wasn't "visually appealing" and maybe they put one in after the taping.

I thought the pool and the cabana were awesome! But I dunno about all that sand. It's kind of like saying, "here kitty, kitty!"

We thought the same thing too. It is also a lsaw here in NY that your pool must be fenced in...I think it is a 5ft height requirement here.

They did a great job and it was beautiful, but I am sure their neghibors weren't too happy and I can only imagine how much their property taxes will go up!!!

Does anyone know where they live? ...Like what state or city? Given the type of house and area, we thought it might be right outside of Orlando. My parents live north of WDW and the complexes around there look very similiar.

Does any

We thought the same thing too. It is also a lsaw here in NY that your pool must be fenced in...I think it is a 5ft height requirement here.

They did a great job and it was beautiful, but I am sure their neghibors weren't too happy and I can only imagine how much their property taxes will go up!!!

Does anyone know where they live? ...Like what state or city? Given the type of house and area, we thought it might be right outside of Orlando. My parents live north of WDW and the complexes around there look very similiar.

Does any

It seems like all the episodes are filmed in Florida. I've tried to pinpoint the locations of most of them while watching. I believe last season they stated where the families were from, but this season they have stopped saying. On the episode last week (zip line) when they put up the sign with the "Miles to" specific locations, I noticed that the sign pointing towards Magic Kingdom stated 24 miles (meaning they're definitely in Florida LOL).

This week's episode was a little harder to pinpoint, but I too would guess they're in Florida. I think they almost have to be to get the footage of the families in the parks. I don't think they plan these episodes out a year in advance and then follow the family down on a yearly trip to the park. My guess is they just take them to a park on any given day since they're right there and film them then.

i agree with the filming in the park, but how did they do the filming on CC and the Dream?

AND, i was trying to see where they were from and their license plate was yellow, that was all i could tell, although now i might go back and rewatch if DH hasnt erased it already.

The palm trees they brought in were a GIANT expense and I know that the laws in FLORIDA regarding a fence and it is required.

BUT maybe for the show they did not show a fence maybe it was around a bigger section of the yard or maybe it would be put in the next day.

ALso wondering about a grenn screen for the filming of them on the CC????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter