• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My wonderful hubby bought me a golf cart!!

figmentfan1

According to Caleb: "No Dancing!"
Wohoo!

I'm so excited. A friend of our had one (he owns the recently burned-down country club which they are selling) so he sold us his cart! A 2001 black Club Car! Now we need to email Kenny and cancel our December reservation.

So... we want to maybe do some decals on it. Anyone know any good sites??

Wohoo!

I'm so excited. A friend of our had one (he owns the recently burned-down country club which they are selling) so he sold us his cart! A 2001 black Club Car! Now we need to email Kenny and cancel our December reservation.

So... we want to maybe do some decals on it. Anyone know any good sites??

Congrats! I hope you enjoy it! Well...I know you will. :thumbsup2

Incidently, I have two relatives who work at Club Car. Great product!

I read recently that Kenny's carts were all booked up. Your cancellation will make someone else's day. ;)

Let's just call this "before" pictures. When we get our "customization" done I will add pictures. In the garage...

golfcart.jpg

party: Congratulations! Enjoy, and wishing you many magical Fort trips with your new golf cart.:wizard:

We just got a new golf cart too! We went to a fundraiser a few weeks ago that raises money for the University of Georgia veterinary school. The money is used to pay for vet care for people who can't afford to take their pets to the vet. They take them to the school and the students take care of the pets for free. They do a big auction every year and we are the alcohol sponsor for the fundraiser. One of the items they auctioned off this year was a new golf cart...in Georgia Bulldog red! We ended up having the winning bid! We bought it sight unseen since we didn't even know they were auctioning one off. We were a little shocked when we saw it because it didn't have a backseat or a windshield!!! Since then, my DH has had it lifted, changed the roof to the longer one, added the backseat and windshield, and had a radio installed. Now we are trying to come up with some type of Mickey artwork to have painted on it...any artists out there with great ideas? I want it to be kind of subdued. We can't wait to take it to the Fort in October!

We just got a new golf cart too! We went to a fundraiser a few weeks ago that raises money for the University of Georgia veterinary school. The money is used to pay for vet care for people who can't afford to take their pets to the vet. They take them to the school and the students take care of the pets for free. They do a big auction every year and we are the alcohol sponsor for the fundraiser. One of the items they auctioned off this year was a new golf cart...in Georgia Bulldog red! We ended up having the winning bid! We bought it sight unseen since we didn't even know they were auctioning one off. We were a little shocked when we saw it because it didn't have a backseat or a windshield!!! Since then, my DH has had it lifted, changed the roof to the longer one, added the backseat and windshield, and had a radio installed. Now we are trying to come up with some type of Mickey artwork to have painted on it...any artists out there with great ideas? I want it to be kind of subdued. We can't wait to take it to the Fort in October!

The fort no longer allows lifted golf carts or extended roofs. Just kidding Holly. It's great you got to put the extras on it. Can't wait to see some pics.

It goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway)...gonna need some pix on this one! Congrats!

Yes~ Pictures please!!

I am ordering the backseat this week. DH is planning to put a lift kit on as well, chrome step ups... I found a Mickey peaking decal that I like for passenger side of the windshield. My other request-- flames. Darrell Waltrip always says flames will make it go faster. :laughing:

It goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway)...gonna need some pix on this one! Congrats!
I'll pull it out of the garage in a little while and take a few pictures. Right now, it's in the garage and my car is sitting outside...there is seriously something wrong with this picture!

Here you go...our Georgia Bulldog red golfcart!
Aug302010_5421-1.jpg

The other side...
Aug302010_5428-1.jpg

And the stereo in the glove compartment. I think it's a different dash than the one that came on it, but I'm not sure.
Aug302010_5427-1.jpg

It just needs something Disney airbrushed on it, but I don't know what. We saw a pretty dark blue one with a Mickey head and flames painted in a greyish color last year. I took a picture of it because I thought it looked so great, but I don't feel right about copying it...plus it wouldn't look as good on red.

WOO HOO! CONGRATS ON ALL THE NEW CARTS... You will love driving it around at home, too. We use ours all the time. Holly, the cart looks awesome. It will be interesting to see what you have painted on it. Can't wait to see it. But, you know the spending isn't over. You need to get that baby souped up to go faster. lol

Looks great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter