• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Whole Body Hurts, How Can I Do This Again Tomorrow?!

:upsidedow Now, why didn't I think of ibuprofen when I was in pain this summer? I had the bottle with me, and didn't think to take any. I will remember next year!!

All the tips people have suggested. Take a bath - it's Disney's water bill! :lmao:Rest and relax. Let you son take off and you relax back at the resort. If possible - don't do a park before MNSSHP - rest up and then go at 4 p.m. for the rest of the night.

Hang in there. You have my sympathy. You can enjoy your trip even if you not taking on WDW commando-raid style. Your son will understand. Believe me. Ely

Thanks for the support and tips. The only thing we did today besides the party was ride to DTD and got our faces painted for the party. Party was wonderful, walk on, on all rides! :woohoo:

I asked my son what he wanted to do on his fourth park day - his choice and he says...do you think we can just chill at the resort mom? THANK YOU JESUS!!!!! :rotfl::rotfl: he. Is such a good boy!! I think he's just taking pity on poor Mom. :rolleyes:

I'm soon having our 2nd mother-son trip, and I was wondering how many more years he'd like to go with me. I think it's wonderful that your 17yo wants to hang out with Mom at Disney! :goodvibes
I hope you had a fabulous time!

I can feel the back of my legs burn and my arch's in my feet ache reading your post visualizing how I am after each day at Disney. For me, a half hour or so in the pool does wonders.

It also helps to have a loving spouse who will rub your tired, flat feet at the end of a long but fun-filled day at WDW! I really lucked out. :dance3:

I eat Aleve like they are chiclets at Disney so I'm giong to go with that too. I suffer from bone spurs in my feet and am in pain 24/7 even on a good day at home, the Aleve really helps. I always take it in the morning before we leave and after we return in the evening. Also a nice soak in the hot tub at night helps.

Edit: just saw your update. you son is a saint!! I wish we could talk DD into that, DS would stay in the room at the resort the entire trip if I'd let him, but DD is always on the go, has to be doing something.

I second the tip to get a massage :goodvibes My 14 yo son and I are having our own Mom n' Son trip in Feb!! I am very excited to be sharing some time with just him and I, but I also am not looking forward to the sore feet/legs I am sure to come! I suffer from plantar facitis at home some days, and it is painful to even walk on our hardwood floors when that hits! I think I better start walking on my treadmill that is collecting dust in the basement and prepare for this upcoming trip! Perhaps it will help me lose some weight in the next 3.5 months too, any little bit would help!
I could call it my "Disney training" just to get motivated to do it :rotfl:
I will be taking some of these tips (especially the one to pack some aleve or advil) with me on my trip!!!
Enjoy your time with your boy! It's so nice when they still love being with their ol' Mom, isn't it! :lovestruc I want to cherish it as long as I can!!!

OP - you got all the the best advice, and it sounds like one heck of a terrific son, as well.

So glad you got a little reprieve from the action. I hope you were able to grab some hot tub time (even swimming can ease the aches somewhat) and that there might be a nice glass of something "mildly relaxing" in your hand when appropriate. Amazing how sitting and sipping (even a nice cup of tea, if that's your preference) can take the edge off.

Ibuprofen, Motrin, Aspirin...whatever..anything to get you beyond this pain which
is essential for a good night*s sleep.

On the up side, you're getting yourself into shape. Once you're home, keep it up you may be glad about this spurt of exercise that is now killing your body. :thumbsup2

This is a "last hurrah" mother/son trip for my 17 yo son (he graduates in May). We did DHS yesterday, EPCOT today, and tomorrow is MNSSHP. My body feels like it has been beat repeatedly by a sack of nickels. I don't know if I'm turning into a whimp, or just getting old! :scared1: anyway, didn't want to make him feel bad by complaining, so just thought I'd whine a liitle bit to my dis friends. ;)

Waaaaaaaaaaaaa, I hurt!!!!!:sad1: anyone have suggestions to get me through tomorrow? I have wonderful ECCO sandals, my feet are about all that doesn't hurt.

if you don't get up and move tomorrow, you'll be even more sore! :eek: I'd take a hot shower both tonight and tomorrow morning and streeeeeetch afterward. OH and go to bed early and make sure you stay hydrated.

LOL! Ibuprofen 800 if you can get your hands on some!

Here's another vote. I hate that my mind wants to keep going but my body has other ideas. I hate getting older.

I too have a 17 year old son. I know how you are feeling about that too. Happy memory making. Enjoy your trip.

I take ibuprofen before I go to bed, then ibuprofen when I get up, and a hot shower to relax all the muscles. Getting older stinks!:sad1:

I'm only 29 and I felt that way after our second day... I found that the exhaustion actually lessened as the week went on, I guess your body gets used to it after awhile or something.

Well, today was our last day together :guilty: tomorrow Jacob flys home, and my DH flys in so we can have some quality adult time at Food &Wine. Thanks to you all that commented about my son. I was a single mom up to two years ago, so we've always been kind of "you and me against the world" tight. He's such a good boy, fun, and funny....and very appreciative of everything. I was so proud of him offering his bus seat to a woman...my DH has been wonderful roll model for him. Today we just hung out at the resort and around 5 decided to go to F&W to graze for dinner. I will always treasure this special trip with him. :goodvibes

Feeling much better today...I think the ibuprofen and soakings worked wonders. Good luck to you all with your trips!

Our first trip to WDW, my feet hurt so bad every night that I literally could not have them pointed up under the sheets when I went to bed at night. The weight of the sheets actually caused me amazing amounts of pain! :scared: At the time I was wearing beaten up old sneakers with barely any soles left! :rotfl: I learned from that trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter