My Unexpected Decemeber Weekend Trip to DL. Christmas at Disneyland! post #66!

Kris, here are my pics of the Goofy Sky School Opening pin. It has a limited Edition of 1000.

DSC_8530-1.jpg

The propeller spins. It is a cuter pin than what was pictured on the Disney Pin site.

They also had an open stock pin that is the cutest! I like how the plane swings back and forth. I like it better than the limited edition pin.

DSC_8520.jpg

DSC_8521.jpg

DSC_8522-1.jpg

I was able to get some good shots of the Alice pin (Thank you DD(15)!). I will post those a little later.

Here are my pictures of the Alice in Wonderland Piece of Disney Film pins I bought. The scene chosen for this edition was the tea party.

Here is how the pin is packaged.

DSC_8529-1.jpg

The rest of the pins pictured are a bit large, so you can see the frames better.

Pin #1 Alice holding a cake.

DSC_8508-Copy-1.jpg

Pin #2 The door mouse floating down towards a tea pot. This frame has the mouse in mid-air with the umbrella and fireworks around him, I think. I really should refresh my memory and watch the film before I purchase.

DSC_8506-1.jpg

Pin #3 The Mad Hatter and the cake Alice is holding in pin #1.

DSC_8505-2.jpg

I bought 6 pins. I know we were suppose to get only two, and I had originally got four. The last two have story behind it, and since this is my TR, so I'm gonna tell it.

After buying my pins and pin trading with CMs, I went into the Emporium to trade with CMs there. I ran into a very friendly lead CM, and he asked if I had bought the Alice pins. I said, “ Yes. I did and was very pleased with what I got. Although I had heard that most of the Alice and Mad Hatter frames were gone by now. Everyone wanted a pin with either Alice or the Mad Hatter.” He said that he just brought down a few Alice pins for behind the registers. I didn't even know that they sold these pins in the Emporium. He wanted me to have a look. When we reached the counter, the CM behind the counter took out the pins. The three of us looked at about 8 pins together. Among the eight, I found 2 great looking pins. We were all in agreement that the two pins that I liked were unusual and quite interesting. I was telling them that I had seen the pins with the frames surrounding these two frames earlier in the day. I remarked how these pins were the best of those scenes selected that I saw. The lead CM had a big smile on his face and asked me if he a good selection. I definitely agreed. He said, "I guess you are going to buy them." "Of course", I said. And I bought the two mentioned above.

Pin #4 Fireworks bursting. Other pins I had seen with this particular scene had either the fireworks streaming upwards or just about to burst. They were not the best frames and were not interesting selections. None of the pins I saw earlier had bursting fireworks fill the entire frame.

DSC_8509-2.jpg

And pin #5. My favorite. The Mad Hatter about to lick his finger topped with frosting from the cake Alice offered him.

DSC_8504-1-1.jpg

I like this pin because it tells a story, and the Mad Hatter's face is just precious. It must be what I look like just before I take a bite of a cake.

Next month: The Jungle Book. One of my favorite childhood movies.

I am so Jealous that you get to take Day trips!

I love your Alice Pins! I am considering getting into pin trading but not for any particular collections just to get ones I like!

Paula, thanks for reading my TR. I feel very lucky and blessed that I can take day trips. To me, every trip is a gift.

As stated in my opening post, my day trips have been drastically cut from my average in the last few years. Another victim of the recession. But there other things that get in the way. Schedules, obligations, family emergencies, business and a diversity of reasons I haven't encountered yet. So each trip is deeply appreciated.

I should place a warning about pin trading here. Be careful - it is addicting! But in a good way. I noticed you are from San Jose. One of things I love to do when pin trading is to talk to other traders. I like to know their experiences and how they got into pin trading. I also learn a lot about the pin trading world this way. One of things I just learn last week was about a pin trading group that meets somewhere in Northern California. I thought how cool to be able to trade while living so far away from DL. The pin trader said that there are about 30 traders that consistently meet on a monthly basis. That is a good number of attendees. I want to go myself. I don't usually try to complete my collections by purchasing from Disney. I just thought this one was special and wanted to try to get all of them.

Be sure to visit the pin trading tables out of Westward Ho Trading Co to talk to traders and take a look at their collections when you go in June. I have posted some of my experiences of pin trading in DL in this thread Pin trading at Disneyland? . There is lots of information on pin trading in that short 5 page thread. That is if you don't know a lot already.

That is how we all start. We like a particular pin or we get one to remember our Disney trip and then, to our astonishment and before we know it, we have a 100 pins. How did that happen?

Actually, in my case, I was really into buying the pins. I must have started buying pins in 2000 (I have one pin I know I bought in WDW that was issued in 1999 - I was in WDW in 2000). I stopped in 2005. I didn't trade, only purchased my pins. Last December, I got back into pins when my DD(13) started. I discovered the hidden mickey cast member's pins, and that's all she wrote. I was a goner. But this time, I want to trade. I have found it fun to trade with the cast members. They are very approachable and we are encouraged to trade with them. I would start there. Get a few inexpensive pins (like with sets that have five or more pins and the cost per pin goes down) and start trading with the CMs. Just to get your feet wet. You will discover how much fun it is.

Liza -

I absolutely love those pins. Goofy flying is priceless and reminds me of when I was a little girl and loved to watch snoopy and the red baron! The mad hatter swiping cake is fantastic. Lucky you. Can't wait to read more about your adventures. Happy Easter!

Kris

Thanks Kris.

Now that you mentioned it, the Goofy pin does remind of Snoopy as the Red Baron. Now I like it more.

Happy Easter to you, too.

Back to the grind tomorrow.

Thanks, and welcome to my trip report Daisybelle!

I am so glad you find my little adventures at DL good reading. I am going to start writing and organizing my thoughts on a day trip I took two weeks ago with my high school DD and her friend tomorrow. Good thing I took pictures that day. It helps remind what I did!

Nice short TR Liza. I like the last picture of the Matterhorn with the popcorn stand. Also the pictures of the pins were very nice. :)

Thanks, Bret. I just love Disneyland in the spring. So many beautiful flowers and the colors! It only happens once a year and is a treat to behold.

That is one of the reasons why I like having the AP. I like seeing the Park during the different seasons of the year. The colors of spring, the red white and blue colors of the summer, the fall colors and lastly, the Christmas colors at the end of the year are truly wonderful. Instead of having one picture of DL in memory, I have a whole year of the Park dressed in its seasons attire.

I really like the two pin styles you shared with us. But really like the shots of the cascades.

Thanks, and welcome to my trip report Daisybelle!

I am so glad you find my little adventures at DL good reading. I am going to start writing and organizing my thoughts on a day trip I took two weeks ago with my high school DD and her friend tomorrow. Good thing I took pictures that day. It helps remind what I did!

Boy pics do come in handy don't they? After writing my first TR this year my husband & I have pic taking agendas to make the TR even easier like shots of clocks (the ones with the right time) and being sure to include at least one pic of ques and shows so we know what order things were in and entering & exiting pics so we know better where one day ends and the next begins should help with the Halloween TR... since this time the trip is 8 days with 6 of them in DLR I am going to need those pics as a guide to keep it all from blending together!

I'm kind of late to the party but am enjoying your trip report immensely. :thumbsup2

Your friend Joy looks like she is a blast! Your pictures are great. Looking forward to more!

TK

Boy pics do come in handy don't they? After writing my first TR this year my husband & I have pic taking agendas to make the TR even easier like shots of clocks (the ones with the right time) and being sure to include at least one pic of ques and shows so we know what order things were in and entering & exiting pics so we know better where one day ends and the next begins should help with the Halloween TR... since this time the trip is 8 days with 6 of them in DLR I am going to need those pics as a guide to keep it all from blending together!

I have been known to take a picture of my own watch when I can not find a clock. People look at me weird when I do that, but when in DL people do weird things. So I feel right at home.

I'm kind of late to the party but am enjoying your trip report immensely. :thumbsup2

Your friend Joy looks like she is a blast! Your pictures are great. Looking forward to more!

TK

Welcome, TK! Late comers are welcomed here with open arms, especially you :thumbsup2. Your kind words about my pics are very much appreciated. Joy is a blast and we have a secret trip we are trying to cooking up for Thursday. Got to see if we can arrange pick ups and get away for the day.

The reason for yet another day trip is... it is my birthday! And I want to go to Disneyland with Joy. I wonder if the Day Trip Gods are busy...:rolleyes1

Welcome, TK! Late comers are welcomed here with open arms, especially you :thumbsup2. Your kind words about my pics are very much appreciated. Joy is a blast and we have a secret trip we are trying to cooking up for Thursday. Got to see if we can arrange pick ups and get away for the day.

The reason for yet another day trip is... it is my birthday! And I want to go to Disneyland with Joy. I wonder if the Day Trip Gods are busy...:rolleyes1

That must be so exciting to have a secret trip this week. Hope you have a great birthday trip at DL. :thumbsup2

Oh Joy oh Joy, have a great Birthday in the parks, and hopefully with Joy too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter