My turn to complain!

skiwee1

DIS Veteran
I usually have an easy time booking my room at WDW. Not today! I called CRO and also had to go through the survey before even getting to a human voice. Not bad as it only wasted a couple of minutes. So I finally talk to a really nice CM and get a price for my Poly ressie for April. After she goes to confirm it the price goes up $400. For no reason! I spend another 40 minutes discussing it and being put on hold for the CM to figure out what the problem it. At first she tells me it is for the extra adult. I don't have an extra adult. I have myself, my mom, and my 5 y/o dd. She then tells me that maybe since my mom is not my husband that she is then considered an extra adult. What? How ridiculous! Finally she figures out that that can't be right either. So now she is saying that they think DD is an adult, even though she is 5. She then makes a ressie with 3 adults and one child to see if in fact the computer is charging for 3 adults. Well it is. Then she tries to give me the confirmation number for 3 adults and one child! I don't have 3 adults and one child! Oops! That's right! I have two adults and one child. It used to be so easy to call and book a room at WDW. This has turned out to be a major pain! After a few more minutes she takes my phone number and is calling me back as she still can't figure out what the computer is doing. Oh well, just had to vent. :mad:

Buck up lil camper..........it'll be alright. Throwing dust your way! I am sure Disney will work MAGIC and call you back to advise it is NOT an addition $400. Keep the faith!:wave:

Thanks Lewski! You were right and thanks for the dust~:D I did get a call back confirming 13 nights at $4900 instead of $5300. That sounds much better! Now I will hopefully get a good discount somewhere or else be spending a lot of money! LOL! Oh well, sometimes magic comes with a price!

And I thought it was just me when I had a similar experience 2 weeks ago!!! CM really didn't seem to have any clue as to what she was doing. Ah well. Thank heavens for these boards. Maybe the CM's should frequent them;)

Skiwee1,

YAY! See.....MAGIC.

If the CM's visited the boards, they might find out about too many of "our" secrets.

Can you bribe the TF with Chocolates????

Skiwee1,

YAY! See.....MAGIC.

If the CM's visited the boards, they might find out about too many of "our" secrets.

I am fishing with CHOCOLATE for the TF!!

Poor skiwee1... you must have been
1furious.gif
1furious.gif
1furious.gif

CRO can be so frustrating!

>>^..^<<

skiwee1 - It sounds like you got the same CM I did when I called to change my ressies. It took her forever to realize that I wanted to keep my 8 people, but go from 2 rooms to 4. She was all over the place before she figured it out! :rolleyes:

I had the same problem yesterday trying to book my rooms for my Sept 04' trip. I went thru the survey and ended up with a CM who barely (being generous) spoke English. I had no idea what the lady was trying to tell me. I had to ask for another CM and the next one spoke English just well enough for me to understand. I have no problem with non-english speaking employees, but why put them on the front lines making reservations. The CRO is some peoples first impression of WDW and if it was my first time calling it wouldn't have been very encouraging to me.

Just my 2 cents.

:confused:

Originally posted by ncgolfer
I I have problem with non-english speaking employees, but why put them on the front lines making reservations. The CRO is some peoples first impression of WDW and if it was my first time calling it wouldn't have been very encouraging to me.

Just my 2 cents.

:confused:

Maybe CRO has them there to help the customers for whom English is not their first language. Everytime I've been to WDW, I've heard lots of people speaking languages other than English.

Before I get flamed on this post. My above comment should have read. I have NO problem with non-english speaking employees.

My apologizies.

I have had some frustrating moments. Usually I just thank the CM politely, then call back later. Glad you were able to get everything straightened out!! That's $400 to be spent elsewhere!! We just arrived home. We had a blast!! Enjoy your vacation!!

I called back in October and I had the same problem. I had been given a higher rate than what I had expected so I questioned it. Don't cm's know we investigate our rates before we call??????
Anyway, he had know clue why my rate was higher then even the "official disney website"! So I hung up on him while he put me conveniently on hold. I called back and got a very enthusiastic cm but once again the higher rate came up. I stopped him in his tracks and asked him to look into it. It only took him like 30 seconds to figure out that they were charging my 6 year old as and ADULT. My 6 year old is mature, but not that mature! I think there are two kinds of cm's......one's that know what they are selling and those who don't! Hang up and try again if you get one that doesn't have a clue! It gets so frustrating knowing some people are probably getting charged higher prices that don't even catch on! That is why these boards are so helpful and I am so grateful for them!

I keep reading about problems with CRO and it scares me a bit. I know my time is coming but I have NEVER had these problems when I call. It's been flawless every single time. No stress, no strain.

Maybe I'll throw a little of my lucky pixie dust to all of you!!!!

I think making a ressie should be easy and fun. I mean...it's an exciting thing to do and I'd hate for it to be difficult. I think it would make me so mad that I would just hang up and call back the next day.

PamNC

Does anybody know how much these reservation CMs make per hour? I've always thought about being one, because I've at least visited all the resorts if not actually stayed there, I know all the room categories and the approximate rates they go for, I know which ones have certain amenities and which don't, etc etc, so I think I would make a good one, but I couldn't even consider it unless it made at least 11 bucks an hour or so, and I bet they don't pay them that much do they....

Originally posted by skiwee1
I did get a call back confirming 13 nights at $4900 instead of $5300.

I just fell out of my computer chair!! :rolleyes: :faint: $4900....my goodness!! If I had that type of money to spend on a trip to Disney, I'm not sure that's what I would spend it on. :duck:
You are truly blessed though! I'm glad you got the correct price for your trip....ENJOY!! :goodvibes

Originally posted by Tiggerlover91
I just fell out of my computer chair!! :rolleyes: :faint: $4900....my goodness!! If I had that type of money to spend on a trip to Disney, I'm not sure that's what I would spend it on. :duck:
You are truly blessed though! I'm glad you got the correct price for your trip....ENJOY!! :goodvibes

LOL! What would you spend it on? I can't imagine anything better then a trip to WDW staying at my favorite resort! I'm really only going for 10 nights but always book a few more until I get my plane tickets. So we are really only talking about$3800 at full price or $2200 with an AP discount. That sounds a lot better! LOL! I am very lucky to have a DH that makes a good living. If it were left up to me we would be living out of our car!

Originally posted by skiwee1
LOL! What would you spend it on? I can't imagine anything better then a trip to WDW staying at my favorite resort! I'm really only going for 10 nights but always book a few more until I get my plane tickets. So we are really only talking about$3800 at full price or $2200 with an AP discount. That sounds a lot better! LOL! I am very lucky to have a DH that makes a good living. If it were left up to me we would be living out of our car!

Don't misunderstand, I would take a trip to Disney, but I do other things also. ::yes:: If I had that type of money to spend and all my debt was paid off and all bills current, I would probably take a trip back to Alaska where DH and I were stationed for 3 years or I'd take a trip to Europe. I'm dying to go to London! :hyper:

If it were up to you, you'd be living out of your car....:scratchin :laughing: You are toooooooooo much! LOL Again, you are blessed to have a DH who makes a good living.

My DH works 3 jobs and I work 2, so financially we're doing a lot better than we were this time last year. One job I only work 2 days a week, so it's not bad at all really. DH's is weird...he does landscaping with DD in the early AM. He then changes at their house and goes to Radio Shack(the job that is the constant pay), and then we he leaves there in the evenings, he goes back to DM and DD and works on stuff for the CD business! :faint: We are blessed though, because we've got money coming from everywhere...I CAN'T STAND IT!!! :teeth: If you knew where we were in the year late 2001 to late 2002 you'd understand my excitement.

I'm quite excited about our trip in 2006. I was deciding if I wanted to stay at the AKL since the trip is so far away and I can save for it, but the budget-minded me thinks, I'd rather have the money for food than on a place we'll only be in to sleep and shower at. I do ADORE the Allstar Resorts and financially, it's what helps DH and I go to Disney since he isn't military any longer and we can't stay at the SoG.

So $2200 instead of $4900 huh? Excuse me while I get up off the floor again! :tilt: :upsidedow

Blessings to you,
Denise

Most of you have not spent the time talking with many employees. We have stayed many times over the past 19 years and have talked to alot of them. I am pretty confident that almost none of them make $11 an hour. I'd say it's closer to $7-$8 an hour. Plus they make reservations for over 20,000 rooms. We also have visited all of the properties, but I would never claim to know all there is to know about all of them. Some of them will make mistakes. Rest assured, Disney will make it right!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter