My Trip To Wdw Horrible

kenzie1226

Earning My Ears
Well my trip was not horrible but my last night was. The first 4 nights we stayed at courtyard w/ the $20 rate. It was a great hotel and I highly recommend staying there. I know I will from now on. But my last night I stayed at Best Western in DD because I got it through priceline for $25. About 2:30 that morning after I finally got to sleep from all the noise the security guard informed me to come down stairs all 4 tires on my car had been slashed. My car and 3 others were done. This hotel has security guards patroling the area and the parking lots but noone seen a thing besides someone in the hotel that says it was 2 girls in a white car. I was told they done 14 cars at another hotel but I don't know if it is true. Best Western did nothing to help me. We were coming home that morning. My insurance company would not tow my car but roadside assistance did. It cost me $436 for tires. Best Western employees were rude even management. They offered me a phone book and that was it. I couldn't even drive to go get my baby some food. I ended up walking to Mcdonald's. I refused to leave the hotel till I got my car fixed seeing that my 2 yr old couldn't ride in a tow truck. So they gave me a 2 hour ext. but sent 3 people to my door to see if I was going to check out. I plan on calling corp. Best Western when they open tomorrow. I parked in the front row of the lobby under lights. I was never asked for my parking pass as I came and went so it amazes me that someone can slash 16 tires at the front door and they couldn't have spotted them. And that they don't have to pay me a dime. Every time we seen the guards they were by the pool smoking or at the patio table by the guard box talking. They told me my security system on my car didn't go off but I know it had to. The guard did tell me he got out there as air was leaking out of my tires. Great what good did that do. They bad thing is if they do catch them I can't do anything because I had to sign a waiver with the police because I know I won't be able to get off work and drive down there if I have to go testify.

I have never meet such rude people in my life and will never stay in that hotel again and will make sure that everyone knows it. We had people staying in the room beside us on the 9 floor throwing beer bottles off the balcony to down below on the playground at midnight. Several other guest stepped out on the balcony and told them to shut up because they were making farm animal noises and the guards were told this and still nothing was done. If it wasn't for this my trip would have been great but we didn't have the money for the tires and it was a total mess. But we made it home. Had to vent thanks.

So sorry to hear that all that happened. I know it's not an excuse (and trust me I'm not trying to make one for them) but a lot of "security guards" are a bunch of teenagers who are barely paid minimum wage:rolleyes: It just really doesn't help the situation. I would like to hear how you do with your call to corporate, Good Luck !!

So sorry to hear about your bad news. I have never heard anything good about Best Western at DD.

So sorry you had to deal with all that at the end of your holiday.

BW staff obviously need a lot of training in customer relations.

I would raise H*LL Even if you don't get compensated you'll feel better,;) .

The good side to this was it was your last night not your first! I think we all have or will have one of these aweful expereinces in our lives...think your done with yours now,lol!!!

I am so sorry that you had to go through that! I also would call to raise a stink. I hope that you manage to get some sort of satisfaction from their corporate offices! Good luck!

Kim

Jeez!

It's as if some places DO NOT want you or your money!

That's awful that they didn't help. They should have at least helped you contact places, possibly even give you a gift certificate or SOMETHING for your trouble!

-Matt

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. My sister experienced similar situation while staying at Poly in May of 1999 during Grad night. Apparently someone drove a car through parking lot with a stick or possibly an antenna and broke 10-12 windshields. WDW did not help much either.
Stuff happens everywhere!

I talked to corp not much help. But the hotel manager has 7 days to contact me and contact corp with a follow up. They still haven't called. If anything I would like my stay refunded for them being so rude. I pity the people who done this if they have nothing better to do than try to ruin other people's vacation. My warning is though noone stay at Best Western it is loud and the staff is very rude. Thanks.

I'm sorry to hear that you had such a horrible thing happen while on your vacation. I was at the Best Western for one night on August 30, before moving to PBH at US/IOA. I bought the room off priceline and did'nt arrive until 10:30 or so that night. Check in was fast and smooth and we all checked into our $25 a night rooms. When we got to our rooms we had been given an upgrade to a deluxe room on the 9th floor with views of DD. THERE HUGE rooms I tell you. For $25 my husband was so proud of me!LOL We have a very enjoyable stay and my request for 5 extra pillows was granted and they arrived in less than 10 minutes. The hotel was very quiet and we expreinced no problems with staff, neighbors, or our room. I guess this could have happended no matter where you stayed and it's a total bummer for you. I would'nt trash best western in general though, the employees on at that particular time where just not helpful which is a pity for sure. I understand your furstrated because you did'nt budget in a set of new tires for your trip, but unexpected expenses unfortunely happen sometimes. If you had stayed at a hotel with no security guards at all you would've paid twice the rate and you surely would get the same results as far as payment on your tires. Or if you had rented a vacation home in a gated community is it the owners fault if someone slashes all your tires? I hope you get some satisfaction to help your feelings but is getting a refund of $25 and bashing the bestern western gonna help you that much? It was a freak thing that really dampened your vacation and it's unstandable your upset, but is there really anyone to blame for a random act of violence?

I don't know that they were looking for someone to blame as such.

That said you would have expected the security guards to be patrolling the area and it must have taken a while to cause damage to so many cars.

A bit of sympathy, support and helpful advice from the staff would have been appreciated no doubt. Sorting out problems like that away from home are never as easy to deal with as they are when you are in the comfort of your own home and locality.

I don't know how you paid for your room but one option is to dispute your room charge with your credit card company. That will definitely get BW's attention and maybe start some dialogue. I don't recommend anyone abusing this option but in this case I would consider it. Just a thought....Good luck!

Unfortunately, when anyone signs into any hotel, we sign a waiver stating that the hotel is not responsiblefor any damagae or theft of property. But I would still expect Best Western to make the situation as stress-free as possible. That's simplehospitality, and hospitality is their business...supposedly.

WE had our room broke into when we stayed at Hampton Inn in Jacksonville. We had all the contents of our luggage dumped on the bed and floor. The thief stole my Hubby's Seiko Tigger watch ($250.00) and about $200.00 in cash that I had put in a duffle bag, We had just come from the flea market and forgot to transfer the money to my wallet. They used a crowbar to get in and obviously were watching the hotel. WE had just checked into the hotel and put our luggage in the room. We put a DO NOT DISTURB sign on our room and went next door to eat. We were gone maybe 30 minutes. We were the only room at Hampton Inn to be broken into, but the Hotel next door had 15 rooms broken into. They sent a police man to our room, then a private eye came and took fingerprints from the door and took picture's.

The hotel did reimburse us for the hotel for the night and gave us another room to stay in. We were contacted by the Hotel's insurance saying they were not liable to pay us any money for our loss because of laws protecting inkeeper's from being sued due to theft. I think kenzie1226 should have been re-imbursed for her room and driven to a store to get food, instead of having to walk. They could have had more sympathy for her and handled the situation better.They should have made sure she was taken care of and helped her in any way they could. I feel they handled the situation BADLY and they will never get my buisness because of it. Thank you kenzie for the warning of bad service you received.

I would write letters to the Pres. immediately requesting a refund of your room cost....I also would register with planetfeedback.com they do have some leverage with these corporations....

While the hotel is not responsible for the thefts and vanadlism on site one would hope they would be extremely accomodating in a difficult time....

Kenzie - I'm so sorry to hear of your tires being slashed. And I think it is really awful the way Best Western handled the situation. They may not be liable for the tires, but they could have helped and sympathisized a WHOLE LOT MORE! I think the least they can do is refund your $25.00.

Gi

I agree the way they responded could have helped with how you coped with that horrible situation.

If they had refunded your money it would have been a nice gesture,obviously $25 isn't going to make any difference but sometimes a gesture of goodwill leaves us with a nicer memory of a company.

I guess these big hotel chains like BW don't realize that if something good happens, people tell others--but, if something bad happens they tell many, many others. They should of taken care of everything regardless how much you paid for your room!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter