• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My trip looks doomed

Frankly I don't believe off peak visitors should be subsidising the enjoyment had by peak visitors, you should get what you pay for. Which means that off peak should pay less because they have less and peak should pay more. It is up to you to decide to go during peak as much as it is up to me to decide to go during off peak. (again I cannot book our vacations based on Disneys calander)
Where else do you expect others to financially contribute to your enjoyment?

I understand you don't like their pricing practices, but you choose to continue to go. That tells them that you are okay with it.

As for your question... well, for example: A Coke does not cost any restaurant on the planet what they charge for it. Some of that "overage" helps even out other items that the management knows they can't raise prices on any higher.

We pay extra to compensate for other lower priced items all over the place in life. It's just a question of which ones we are willing to accept and which ones we are not.

- Dreams

Then I'm sure you know how fortunate it is for someone in your position to get there often enough to justify the cost of the AP. And I'm sure you know not everyone is as fortunate.

I am by no means well off. What did not make sense to me, was to fly to California at $500 a person and only spend 5 days there. For the cost of $180 per person for the upgrade, we each got an annual pass. We planned another trip within the year to take advantage of the AP. However, we have given up every luxury including birthday gifts, anniversary gifts, eating out. It is what we choose to do..... and we choose to go on January when we know there will be closures. The trade off is worth it for me.

Things are looking up with the SIL! She has even suggested I get Disney gift cards for her and my nephew for Christmas! Yay!

I haven't told her about Fantasmic and World of Color being down yet. She's big on shows. :scared:

My SIL has decided to join us on our trip as well. I guess my complaint is not so much that she is a kill-joy, but instead because she is a complete energy-sucking vampire that is a drama queen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter