• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My travel bucket list. What's yours?

We plan to buy an RV and travel the United States for a few years. We'd like to spend time in each state doing something fun and enjoying some great food. We just gotta quit talking about it and actually do it now that we are able.

No one wants to come to Winnipeg?

We were just named Slurpee capital of the world for the 16th year in a row :teeth:

My bucket list is:

The sites of the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World
Scotland
The Grand Canyon
Washington D.C.
Mount Rushmore
Disneyland, of course

I have a long list. Now that our kids are getting older, we are probably going to start traveling internationally next year (we wanted them to be old enough to remember the trips and handle the long plane rides). We have traveled extensively throughout the US, but there are still a couple of places to hit!

In no particular order:
Greece - Athens, Mykonos, Santorini
Italy - Rome, Venice, Milan
London
Paris
Sydney
Bali
Alaska (probably just a cruise. I don't feel the need to stay.)
Hawaii
Puerto Rico
Croatia (grandparents are from here)

I would like to go to Egypt in my lifetime, but I'm leary of going there at this point in time.

DD desperately wants to go to China! I have no idea why, but I always tell her that I'm going to put her on a slow boat...:rolleyes:

Realistically without winning powerball? lol.. Here is my short list of things I hope to do in the next 10 yrs.

Paris
Vegas (hoping to go there this yr)
Grand Canyon with my dh (I have been there)
Mackinaw Island with my dh (I have been there 3 times)

Hoping to add more destinations but that is my realistic list.

No one wants to come to Winnipeg?

We were just named Slurpee capital of the world for the 16th year in a row :teeth:
Haha, I was just thinking something similar about Calgary! Stampede started yesterday - Howdy y'all! :wave:

We've got a couple of trips in mind we've never taken and probably will; the only one that qualifies as true "bucket list" is Europe and a Med cruise, which we had booked for September (our 20th Anniversary) and cancelled a couple of weeks ago. The odds of us ever going now actually seem quite slim and we're so disappointed we can't even really discuss it with one another right now.

Most of mine is actually revisiting places I've been to but my wife and/or kids have not:

Yellowstone
DC
Northern CA
Utah
Grand Canyon/other AZ parks
Scotland
Smokey Mtns

For places/experiences I haven't been/had:
African Safari (photo & hunting)
Antelope hunting in WY
Daytona 500
New England (in Fall & Summer)
Canada (several locations)
NASCAR race at Martinsville
Silverton-Durango train
Big Bend NP

Most of mine is actually revisiting places I've been to but my wife and/or kids have not:

Yellowstone
DC
Northern CA
Utah
Grand Canyon/other AZ parks
Scotland
Smokey Mtns

For places/experiences I haven't been/had:
African Safari (photo & hunting)
Antelope hunting in WY
Daytona 500
New England (in Fall & Summer)
Canada (several locations)
NASCAR race at Martinsville
Silverton-Durango train
Big Bend NP

I'd love to see the Bristol race just once. Might have to include that in our bucket list. We went to the Indianapolis race a couple of times now and I can take or leave the super speedway races live. It's fun for the environment and things to do, but the actual race was hit or miss. Bristol looks like it would be hard to miss much of the racing so I've gotta try it at least once.

I'd love to see the Bristol race just once. Might have to include that in our bucket list. We went to the Indianapolis race a couple of times now and I can take or leave the super speedway races live. It's fun for the environment and things to do, but the actual race was hit or miss. Bristol looks like it would be hard to miss much of the racing so I've gotta try it at least once.

We went to Bristol for our 10th Anniversary. But, that was back when it was still 36 degree concrete. I don't enjoy Bristol quite as much now that they reconfigured the track, but I imagine it's still a great spectacle.

We also did Brickyard & it did kind of stink having to watch part of the race on a screen due to the bleacher configuration. One thing about Bristol, there are no bad seats (just small seats). :)

My list is so long it would take awhile to type out here. LOL

But here are some highlights:

Mark Twain's Mississippi (I told my husband that we could do that in a long weekend sometime. LOL)
Grand Canyon
Dollywood/Pigeon Forge
Sedona AZ
San Francisco, CA
Niagra Falls
Hawaii
New York City

Australia
African Safari
Alaska
France
Italy
Japan
China (some friends just got back from a trip to China and I can't wait to see their pictures!)

My DD15 says if I ever go to Japan or France she is coming with me. LOL

Pretty much everywhere BUT especially:

France, especially Paris and Mt. St. Michel. My mom always wanted to take my daughter to France but died before she got the chance. So I want to take my daughter there in her memory/honor. I'm pretty sure early next year we're going to do just that.
South Korea
Eastern Europe -- I've been to eastern Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, and Austria, but I want to visit Romania, Croatia, and some more Balkan-y places as well as Poland, Latvia, etc.
Washington DC
Thailand

I've probably knocked off 75% of my bucket list. Some, I'm pretty sure I'll never get to (Tibet, Easter Island) but I do have China and India scheduled for next year.

It'd be easier for me to write a list of the places I don't want to go, since I pretty much want to go everywhere. I'm doing one of the big ones on my bucket list in a couple of months -- Kenya and Tanzania. Others that top the list include Galapagos, Borneo, Madagascar, Rwanda, Vietnam and Cambodia.

We're very lucky that we've been able to travel a lot over the years. Most of the items on our bucket list have already been ticked

About the only big ones left are

- Nile cruise
-African safari
-NewZealand
-Bora Bora.

We're combining the last 2 and going next winter!

Australia, Japan, and Scandinavia. Also, my "return as often as possible list" the UK.

Another vote for everywhere. I love to travel!

Cambodia
South Africa
African Safari
Australia
New Zealand
Banff
Bhutan
Scotland

Places I've been for work, but want to revisit with family:
China
Japan
Thailand
Malaysia
Singapore
South Korea
Vietnam
India

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter