My Tips for Disney Trip.

DizFan101

DIS Veteran
Every year my mom and I go to Disney World. We have been going since 2005 and will be going in November. I decided I thought I'd share my tips with you guys.

1.) Since it's just my mom and I, we get the basic dining plan. which means 1 quick service per person, 2 snacks per person and a table service. Since there are two of us and we only get 1 table service, We usually split breakfast and lunch and then have a table service.

2.) Pin Trading. Okay, so you buy pins at the parks, which are probably the ones you or your child want to keep. Before the trip, go on ebay. A lot of people are selling Pins. Search Lot of ___ Disney Pins. You can put in your own number. I usually search 5 or 10 the most. This way, you will buy the ones you want to keep and trade the ones you get through the mail with cast members. :)

3.) So you are at the resort, and really want to go to Magic Kingdom but the line is very very long...but there's no line at Epcot. What i do, is i go to Epcot and get the monorail. Of course it's a little longer, but you get to sight see and ride the monorail instead of having to wait outside in the hot.

4.) Always double check with the front desk about your dining reservation. Last year I went and we had reservations at the Rose and Crown and it was closed due to an oven break down. what a pain in the butt to try to find a new restaurant in seconds that aren't already booked tight.

5.) Okay, so lets say your children (both big and small) want souviners but you always get stuck with carrying the purchases all day. Worry no more. If you are staying on property for more then 1-2 days, you can ask the cashier to send them to the resort, but you won't get them until the next day. If you aren't staying on property and/or don't want to wait a whole day for them, you can ask them to send them to the front of the park where they will hold them until you are ready to leave. :).

6.) If you park at DHS you get a coupon for a FREE pin. (At least that what happened to us. The parking ticket had a detachable coupon for a pin. Not sure if this is still around).

7.) If you are at the Electric Umbrella go to the end of the condiments and there is a trash can. Push it open... I dare you. Hint: Something cool will happen...:).

8.) Two Words: Single Rider... If you don't want to wait in a long line for an attraction, and if it is available go to the single rider. it goes faster then the regular line, but you will be separated from your party on the ride. (You won't be able to sit next to so and so in your travel party).

9.) At DHS and want to get out of the sun/heat for a while? go to the animation court and they have "drawing classes" for free. a Cast member will show you how to draw a disney character. Usually you will have to go through the little preshow with mushu, but if you don't want to sit through that (again) go through the gift shop. :)

10.) Have a Refill cup and don't want to bring water/soda in it to spill or want to drink it right away? Fill it up with ICE before you leave and as the day goes along it will melt and become H2O! (PS DOn't fill it up with ice in the buckets of water that are on sale at the parks. A lot of people put their hands in it, and u never know if they washed their hands after using the restrooms.)

11.) BRing a list of email addresses. A Few rides and places have kiosks where you can email videos to loved ones back home. :). U can also send it to your own email so that when you get home something DISNEY will be waiting for you. :)

12.) If you play at the arcade at your own resort and have tons of tickets but the prizes are just "eh", you can go to other resort's arcade and see if they have any better prizes. :) I did that last year. Ended up getting cool stuff at the contemporary resort.

I apologize if you already knew most of these tips, but i assumed people who never been to WDW will look for tips.
That's about it. I hope these were helpful in some way. :)

Thanks for the tips!! I would suggest going in the early morning or late evening to the parks when it is somewhat less crowded.

Even in the early morning there could still be a long line at Epcot or MK.
Depending on EMH and people's decision

1.) Since it's just my mom and I, we get the basic dining plan. which means 1 quick service per person, 2 snacks per person and a table service. Since there are two of us and we only get 1 table service, We usually split breakfast and lunch and then have a table service.

Actually, the regular dining plan gives you 1 quick service, 1 table service and 1 snack per person per night of stay. You both get all these credits each day.

The only time my DH and I share credits is when we split a CS breakfast platter and then maybe split another CS meal like a half-roasted chicken from Cosmic Ray's or Flame Tree BBQ.

#1 is execellant advice. We try to that often so we are eating a little throughout the day rather then a huge meal.

[/QUOTE] 11.) BRing a list of email addresses. A Few rides and places have kiosks where you can email videos to loved ones back home. :). U can also send it to your own email so that when you get home something DISNEY will be waiting for you. [/QUOTE]

This is an important one! I didn't bring e-mail addresses so I just kept sending it to my Mom (I remember hers :love:) and asking her to forward it onward!

Thanks for putting the tips together.

We learned the pin trading tips after our trip to DW 2 years ago, but we'll definitely prepare for it next summer when we will visit Mickey again :thumbsup2

Ada

Another Dis vet here who did not know many of these tips. Thanks so much for sharing!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter