My thoughts on Ft Wilderness...PICS ADDED!

stobaugh6

Mouseketeer
We got home Monday from a fabulous 8 night stay at Ft Wilderness. This was our first stay there, but won't be our last! The campground was even more spectacular than we imagined! We stayed in a rented TT (Greenberg was awesome!) in the 1400 loup. We loved being close to the campfire singalong and the pool. Our kids had a blast riding bikes and scooters all over the campground. We went to the campfire 3 nights and enjoyed it each time. Our last night, the kids even stayed for the movie. We never made it down to the beach for fireworks, so it's on our list of things to do next time. Our only thing we will do different next time is we will definitely rent a golf cart! Waiting on busses was a drag. Lol! Also, if you want to see the morning show at Magic Kingdom, take a resort boat to Contemporary Resort and WALK to Magic Kingdom from there. Don't mess with the Monorail. We figured that out on our 3 day of Magic Kingdom. Lol!

This forum was so helpful planning our first trip to the Fort! Thank you so much for all your help!!!

Heather

Thanks for sharing your experience! I am thinking of doing your exact same trip in 2016. Reading about your trip makes me excited about going!

Question about the boat: why not just take the boat that goes directly to MK? Too crowded? Doesn't run early enough?

Glad you had a great trip. We were a bit worried when we knew you should be at the Fort, but you didn't post anything.

Our first trip we were in the 1400 loop too. I have to agree about the buses. Since then, we get a Preferred site and guarantee we will be closer to the Settlement and marina.

Tell us more about what you did. Post some pics... Help those of us that aren't going until next year. :)

j

The boats to the Magic Kingdom start running 30 minutes before park opening. We tried that our first MK morning and we missed the morning show. The next MK morning we too the boat to Contempoary and then took the monorail. We left our campsite at 7:15 for a 9:00 opening. We still missed the morning show after getting stuck on the monorail for 30 minutes. Lol!

Thanks for sharing! It looks like you had a great time! I especially love that first thing in the morning pic on the dock when everyone is all fresh and ready for fun...one of my favorite places and times at the Fort!

Thanks Heather!

Great pics. Quite a clan you have. And I love the matching Mickey shirts. They are definitely something I'd wear.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter