My Thankful Thanksgiving PTR Updated 11/23

Alice In Tinkerland

Mouseketeer
Hello Trip Report readers --- pull up a chair and make yourself comfy :happytv:

Welcome to the PTR formally known as I don't have anything to be thakful for so I;m going to WDW But I realized I have lots to be thnakful for so went with a title change

Around the begining of October, I realized I didn't have anything to do on Thanksgiving....

Here's the thing....

I am 40 and single. I live in PA -- EVERYONE else in my family live in CA. Thats like 3000 miles away. So Holidays not so much fun... Even holidays with family --- not so great.

I have friends and have gone to their houses on Thanksgiving but its kinda ackward. I am going "home for Christmas" so to "go home for Thanksgiving" is a little out of the question. Plus we did a big family reunion Mexico cruise in Feb, I went home in May for a week, meet my mom in New Orleans in July for my birthday. so with seeing them at Christmas, I'm a little on family visit overload

I work as a live-in nanny for a single dad, I'll call him Boss-Man. Boss Man has a 7 year old son, lets call him A. The last couple of years, Boss-Man, A and I have done Thanksgiving together. It was fun and laid back. Lots of Food and Football.

Well, this year Boss-Man is taking A to Florida. Not the Good WDW Florida but the Tampa Bay ---Let's go to a Bucs-- Saints game Florida.

So I have 11/26 to 12/01 off. What to do????

Should I go to WDW????

but I don't like crowds and I have done a few trips this year so Vacation $$$ is tight.

And 2007 was a multi-trip year to WDW AS in I went 4 times Actually I have been to WDW atleast twice a year since 2002 (the first year I went)

and 2008 was going to be a non-WDW year.

So of course I'm going to WDW :cloud9: :lovestruc

Won't you join me in the list making, ADRs changing, what park on what day planning glory that is a PTR :dance3:

Can you hear the choir singing????

I'll fill you in on what I have planned tomorrow

Mr Morrow Mr Tom Morrow

Have a great night

I meant to say at the end of my first post that I truly am thankful for my life. It may not be the life that I thought I was going to have but it is a wonderful life.

I had planned on ending all my posts by listing something that I am thankful for. But I was so happy with how cleaver I was with my "Mr Morrow, Paging Mr Tom Morrow" I forgot so I just want to say before I start how everlastingly thankful I am for my sister. She has always been there for me and is a great person.

Back to Disney

When I decided to look into going my first thought was where to stay. I have a non-disney timeshare so that was the first stop.... Sorry all booked up, I was kinda glad, gives me an excuse to stay on property. I used to travel to WDW with a family that I used to work for and stayed at OKW, Boardwalk, BCV and YC with them. I went to pirate: & princess: 03/2007 and stayed at AllStar Movies which was okay but I was hoping to stay someplace that I hadn't been before and wouldn't cost a fortune. So that means POP. Since I was calling less than 2 months out I thought my cahces where pretty slim that anything would be left. I looked up codes and found a couple so I placed my call to ressie center and got a very nice CM. I asked what was available and POP was open I could use the code for the last day
so $109 for 4 nights and $54 the last night. :yay: :hippie:

I didn't buy a package because I wasn't planning on doing many TS, figured everything would be booked (would it????) I figured I would get a ticket from undiscovered tourist or buy an annual pass. Still haven't worked out what I am going to do for a ticket yet I figure I have about a week before I have to order from UT

Next on the list of things that could maybe cancel out the trip was if airfare was way to high. So I :surfweb: and :surfweb: . I can either fly from Philly or from Newark. Philly is about 1/2 hour closer and easier for off site parking --found a fare of about $275 rt plus I would have to pay about $50 in parking so $325.

Newark was running around $400++ plus parking. I don't like offsite parking at Newark so parking there would be about $80.

Hummm $325 that is like more than 1/2 my room... what to do????

I ask boss-man what time they are flying out of Newark and maybe I could carpool with them ----as in he can pay for gas and parking :rolleyes1

So I look at flights and the best is Continental, leaving within 15 minutes of thier flight and arriving back within 10 minutes of their flight back. They are flying Continental. So I get and idea (can you hear the click :idea: ) and I ask bossman if by any chance he has any miles that I could maybe use pleasse I'll be your best friend.

Now I know he has miles --:rolleyes1 I know he has just a little over 60,000 miles and I looked and continental is going to charge 50,000 for the flights i need since it is a holiday ( you can get flights for 25,000 at normal times). He has alreay got me a ticket for my trip home for :santa: so i kinda feel bad for asking but if you don't ask you won't get right??? and he says no problem he will will get the ticket for me :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: yay boss man. He had got two tickets for someone else and they had told him they might not use them and he had a few business trips planned so he would be earning some more miles. He travels a lot for work!!!!

So FREEE TICKET FREE RIDE TO THE AIRPORT FREE PARKING FREE BREAKFAST :cool1: WTG Boss-man Big Thanks

I'll be back ---tomorrow with What Park on What Day and ADRs

Have a wonder filled evening

And I didn't forget.... I am thankful for the men and women serving our country in the armed forces all over the world. I have great respect for them and pray that they will be safe. :grouphug:

HI Alice!!!

Excellent PTR... I'm going to come along for the planning trip!
We're planning a 10day trip over Thanksgiving next year, so I'll be VERY interested in hearing how it goes:goodvibes I always go in 'low attendance' times... but next year we're going over the summer:scared1: and over thanksgiving:scared:

Paula

I'm in. What a nice boss man you have. That everyone should be like that.About the ticket, on the AP are you planning on going again in that year time?

I'm in. What a nice boss man you have. That everyone should be like that.About the ticket, on the AP are you planning on going again in that year time?

Yeah I have posts!!!!

HI Alice!!!

Excellent PTR... I'm going to come along for the planning trip!
We're planning a 10day trip over Thanksgiving next year, so I'll be VERY interested in hearing how it goes:goodvibes I always go in 'low attendance' times... but next year we're going over the summer:scared1: and over thanksgiving:scared:

Paula
I am interested to see how bad it is. I also normally go in the off season. I went last year the last 2 weeks of July and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. But I think some people might have postponed thier trip to August for free dining.

Yes, bossman is a nice guy. I work 24 hours a day while he travels which can be up to 10 days in a row, so I think he gives me miles as a bonus since I don't get paid overtime. It mostly evens out. I think I got 8 weeks vacation this year so not too bad. When he is in town I get A off to school in the am and off the bus at 3:45 and then boss man gets home around 7. Its a fun job.

I still am not sure about buying a AP. Our house is up for sale and we will be moving to GA, maybe. It could be IN or CO but about 90% it will be GA. So I could get in more long weekends, Off in July and I would like to go to FW festival again next year.== Worse case I won't be back until July. My thoughts are to just get a MYW ticket for this trip and see what happens.

I would hate to spend the $$$ then move to CO or not have the opportunity to go back.

Thanks for reading!!!

So here is my park plan and ADRs

Wed:
Flight arive MCO at 10 am
ME to POP
Head to MK
ADR : Tonys 2:30
Stay til closing 11pm

Thrus
DHS
TOY STORY MANIA
Brown Derby 11:40
Fantasmic

Fri
AK
Boma 6:30 == decorations at AKL
DTD

Sat
Kona 8am
EPCOT
Chefs de France 2:30

Sun
AK
Yak and Yeti 11:30
head over to MK at 4 for MVMCP

Mon
EPCOT or DHS
catch ME around 3:30 or 4 flight is at 7

I signed up for Tour Guide Mike and it looks like Touring plans agrees with what what he says. Touring plans has the days crowd levels at a 7 so it looks like they are predicting ok crowds, When I went in July last year most of the days were 8 or 9.

My next couple of post I'll go more in depth about what my plans are for each day.

My thankful thought of the day:

Is how thankful I am for A and all the kids I have worked with over the last 12 years. I have been so lucky in being able to work with some really great kids.

Have a happy and safe Halloween

HI Alice!!

I was thinking about your tix vs AP dilemma.

I looked today (I have an AP)... no AP discount available for your dates at POP. AP rate available at ASMo but is the EXACT same price you're already paying.... so no advantage that way.

Undercover Tourist charges $491.95 for MYW PH with No Expiration. You only need like 5 days. If you decide when you get there that you want the AP you can upgrade it for nothing, as long as you've used it at least one time. (gate price for that tix is $518.66 and an AP is $499)

It would give you more time to decide if you want the AP or not. If you decide against it, you'll have 5 days to use when you do make it back down regardless if it is within the same year or not. If you keep the No Expiration tix, you may as well add the waterparks to it... so you'll get 10 of those too for only $50... you can milk that out for quite a while:thumbsup2

Does that help your mental gymnastics:lmao: or does it make it worse:confused3

Paula

I like your itinerary!! I guess you'll need 6 days tixs not 5....huh?

I would love to do MVMCP... I have 2 hard tix parties down, that one will make my trifecta!!

Paula

Hi Paula

I see you stay up as late as me LOL :surfweb:

I might stick with a 6 day myw no hopper UT is selling them for $226 total. An AP would cost $500 thats a big differnece especially since I am trying to save money. My Christmas present to myself is a digital camara, which I all ready downgaded due to the $$$ spent on this trip and the fact I will most likely buy said camara for the trip. As for the no hopper, I just don't see me park hopping this trip. I have a pretty detailed itinary (more to follow on that over the next couple of days) that doesn't invole park hopping so I can't see spending the $50 to have that added. Normally I do like to hop around but I am expecting it to be somewhat crowded and so to take the time out of the day to travel from one park to another just didn't seem to make sense.

I am excited about going to the MVMCP I went 12/2006 but hadn't research it much and just wandered around going on rides. This time I really want to see the shows etc...

I have been to the Halloween party 3x and went to pirate: & princess: 3/2007. There was NOONE there. It was a weeknight and the last night it was being offered and most locals would have already gone. There were some familys with little kids but they all seemed to leave after the fireworks. It was one of those rare times when you feel like your alone in the kingdom. Plus merchandise was discounted. I got the womens and mens long sleeved t-shirts for like $10 each. I love the hard ticket partys.

Thnaks for reading and the advice.

Eve

HAPPY HALLOWEEN :scared1:

In honor of the candy day I thought I would post what snacks and treats I was looking forward to eating on this trip:

MAGIC KINGDOM
Cookie Ice cream sandwich
Tinkerbell sour watermelon slushie
Something yummy from the Main Street Bakery
And the most fav Dole Whip

EPCOT

Key Lime Pie from Seasons or Lemon Pie from France
Kaki Gori 3 flavors
Veiled Madien from Norway
Grey Goose Lemon Slushie*
Rosa Reagle Wine w/ a chocolate from Italy * recommended by disneyfav4ever
If I am still standing a Margarita* OLE

DHS
Maybe grab something from the Villians store to munch while waiting for Fantasmic
Grandmas Picnic Punch * Tune in Lounge
Special Drink at Brown Derby
Grapefruit Cake Brown Derby

AK

Frozen Banana
Yak Attack or someother drink from the Yak & Yeti*
Dessert from Y&Y either Fried Wontons or Mango Pie

DTD

Make your own pretzels from Goofys-- will be a first for me!!

**** A note about the alcohol drinks***** I am not a big drinker in general and don't normally drink while at WDW because I usally drive (I stay out of the world). When I was about 10 -- one of my older cousins killed 2 people Drunk Driving. Which lead me to promise myself I would never D&D so I have never driven if I have a drink, even if it is hours later I still won't drive. So if I know I have to drive I won't have a drink. Since I am staying in "the world" using buses I want to try as many drinks as I can. If that makes any sense.

Hope everyone has a safe and fun Halloween. A and I made his costume this year. He is a skeleton. It even glows in the dark!!!!

What am I thankful for today:

SUNSETS. The sunsets have been so beautiful lately. Just a few clouds and crisps blue skies changing yellow, red, purple. It is truly spectacular.

Yak Attack:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Oh boy! What a name:lmao:

Then again... eating at a place called Yak & Yeti still gives me BAD mental pictures!!!!

Paula

First off it will be an EARLY Morning. :scared:

Bossman, A and I will leave about 3:30 am to drive to Newark Airport. We live about 80 miles away. Bossman's flight leaves at 7:00 -- mine leaves and 7:15 so doing reverse math....

need to be at gate by 6:30
need to be at security by 6:00
need to be in airport by 5:45
nned to be at long-term parking by 5:15
( side note- on my Oct 2007 trip it took over an hour to get from LTP to terminal, we missed our flight, hopefully they will be running more shuttles since it is one of he busiest travel day of the year)

with no traffic it is a 1 hour 30 minute drive so we'll leave at 3:30 am to have a little extra time for any unforseen delays. I am just glad I can sleep in the backseat with A and not have to drive :cheer2:

Bossman travels a lot and has access to the lounge which has free bagels, juice, fruit, etc and he can bring in guests so even if we are early we can go in there and get some breakfast and not have to pay airport prices.

My flight is scheduled to land at 10:10, I'll head over to the ME counter. I am going to stick those little yellow tags on my luggage so I won't have to worry about picking it up at MCO. Hopefully said luggage will find its way back to me at a responable time ie.. not the last day of vacation :tinker: pixie dust for no lost baggage!!!!

Hop onto ME head out to POP, from what I have read on other TR, POP seems like the first stop on this route :confused3 not sure won't be upset if its not just hoping not to do a world bus tour :rolleyes1

Planning to be at POP by 12:00 check in-- If room is ready, I'll go drop off carry on bag (DVD player etc..) if not I'll leave it with bell-hop

Then hop on the bus to MK

If it is around 2:00 I might try to check-in early for Tonys ADR (2:30) If it is before 2:00 I'll take a stroll down Main Street (I'm walking right down the middle of main street USA!!) take some photos and go get a FP for Buzz or SM. I'll grab snack somewhere along the way if I get hungry. I've checked out the menus and am debating about getting the Eggplant Castana or Bianca Flatbread, I'll see what sounds best on the day. of course, tiramisu for dessert :yay: That's me working off all the desserts I'll this weekend

After Tony's I'll hop on the train from Main Street Station and get off in Toontown. See Micky and Minnie's house, Photo op with the Fairys and Mickey. Head over to Tomorrowland via the back sneaky route, ride SM, COP, TTA, Buzz

After all that, it should be about time for Spectro so, I'll head to Fantsyland. Sorry but I just don't get all that excited about Spectro plus there is something about those guys on the big glowing balls that just freaks me out. If the line is not too bad, I'll hop on Dumbo, otherwise it will be Philarmagic. I may stay in Fantsyland for Wishes or work my way around to the front of the Castle since it is just me I can decided last minute. If I go to the front of the castle I can stop and get a Dole Whip so that my influence my choice :thumbsup2 MK closes at 11:00pm this night so I can hit somemore rides after Wishes maybe POTC, Aladin and HM.

I'll poke around the shops on my way out, hop the bus back to POP and crash once I get back to my room.

It will be a long day but I am going to DHS the next day and that is an easy park for me. Not a lot of rides etc.. Plus if I am in bed by 12:30 and up at 7:00 that really isn't any different than at home.

I think this will be the first time that I went to MK as my first park of a trip. Normally I head to AK right from the airport and hang out till 5:00 then go check-in at timeshare. It just worked out better this way. I figured most people would head to MK for Thanksgiving so they may skip it the day before. :confused3

My Thankful thought of the day:

I heard on the radio yesterday, that some guy was caught stealing kids piggy banks. He had taken 8 of them and had spent a 1/2 hour at the bank coin counter cashing it all in. One of the neighbors had seen him leaving one of the houses so the police were able to catch him. My Thankful thought: How glad I am that my life has been so rich and plentiful that I have never had to resort to stealing from children.

Have a great day :flower3:

PS He had cashed in $2700

Hi Alice,

We'll be at Disney World the week of Thanksgiving too-we leave in just 17days. It looks like we'll both be at Epcot Saturday. We'll be at Biergarten and the first Candlelight Processional showing. I can't wait for those Dole whips! :cool1:

been reading along and wanted to say hi. looking forward to hearing about it.

Hi Alice,

We'll be at Disney World the week of Thanksgiving too-we leave in just 17days. It looks like we'll both be at Epcot Saturday. We'll be at Biergarten and the first Candlelight Processional showing. I can't wait for those Dole whips! :cool1:

:wave: Welcome So glad you popped in. Sounds like you are going to have a nice long trip!!! I have ADRs for Chefs on Saturday but didn't book Candlelight Package. I almost called to see if I could change it to CP Package since the reader that night is John O'Hurley, who I love. I may just do the stand by line I'll play that one by ear. DOLE WHIP Yumm-o

been reading along and wanted to say hi. looking forward to hearing about it.

:wave: Hi Scott thanks for stopping by.

It will be off and running first thing in the AM

I hope to be at the bus stop an hour before DHS Opening (right now its scheduled to open at 9).. Join in the multitude of my closest friends and make the mad dash to TSM at rope drop. I have named this Toy Story MAnia Mayhem. :rotfl2: My plan right now is to grab FP, ride using standby line, use FP, obtain another fast pass for later giving me 3 rides on TSM for the day.

I would like to do One Man's Dream and Animation Studio before lunch

I have a 11:30 ressie at Brown Derby. After lunch, hit some of the shows B&B, Little Mermaid, Indy. Ride ToT and RNR This I'll plan out a little better once I get the show times.

Fantasmic has two shows 6:30 and 8:00 so I plan on grabbing a salad from Pizza Planet around 7 then heading over there for a seat to the 2nd show. I can munch on my salad while waiting.

After Fantasmic, It's back to the POP. Maybe take a swim if its not too cold. Or grab a drink at the bar.

I had a hard time choosing between DHS and AK for Thanksgiving Day. There is no way I am going to go to MK or EPCOT. The one bad thing about DHS is that it is so small that it can "feel" more crowded than it is. But I really want to ride TSM so DHS got the win for the day. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

Have a great day :flower3:

I am so excitied I got on a Photopass CD share over on the Budget Board so it cost me $24 total to get my Photopass pics on cd. I really want to get the HM with the ghost driving the hearse. and the one with mickey hang gliding at EPCOT. It's the little things in life.

Also, I broke down and bought a digital camara for this trip. I have always used regular film and this is my first digital. It's a kodak 8mp with 3x zoom cost $99 plus you got a free $10 gc at Wal-mart, so not too bad. I bought two 2gb cards from CVS. Each card cost $15 then you get $5 rebate for each card. It says each card should hold 444 pictures. I would like to get the rechargable batteries too. Maybe tomorrow (payday).

I have never heard of the mickey hang gliding picture at Epcot! My friends did the HM picture last year, but we could never find a photopass photographer anywhere nearby to take a picture of us. We went to Epcot last year on Thanksgiving, and it wasn't that crowded. Sounds like you have a good plan for TSM-my kids can't wait to ride it! We were there at spring break, but it wasn't open yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter