My teen was bored!?!?

Oh, I feel your pain! Our twin sons just turned 17. Our guys enjoyed their DCL cruises but don't LOVE it and don't enjoy the clubs. They like the food, the movies, chilling out...but they don't need to be on a DCL cruise for a lot of that. I just wanted to pipe in that we enjoyed a trip to England with them this summer - so much to do and see! And a suggestion - see if you can get him involved in the planning. We struggle with that, cannot always get them to jump in. We're trying to plan their last March Break before they graduate from HS (yikes!) and can't seem to settle on a plan.

As a followup to this thread, what kinds of activities would folks who have this difficult teen age recommend that Disney try to incorporate to reduce the opportunity for boredam?

As a followup to this thread, what kinds of activities would folks who have this difficult teen age recommend that Disney try to incorporate to reduce the opportunity for boredam?
My teens would love a "mocktail" mixology, BINGO for prizes not money, (just for teens) and behind the scenes meet and greet with the entertainment staff.

More organized sports and more physical type activities like a rock climbing wall.

Not true, that is why they can get away with games that have prizes in them (claw games etc), but they are not allowed to have gift cards in them.
Disney is removing all prize giving games (well, all arcade games). Speculation is it has to do with the current Florida law regarding Internet Cafes and "gambling".

Bingo, claw machines are (at least in Florida) being seen as gambling and kids aren't allowed to gamble.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-disney-claw-machines-20150110-story.html

Disney is removing all prize giving games (well, all arcade games). Speculation is it has to do with the current Florida law regarding Internet Cafes and "gambling".

Bingo, claw machines are (at least in Florida) being seen as gambling and kids aren't allowed to gamble.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-disney-claw-machines-20150110-story.html

I didn't read the article because it asked me to pay to subscribe and it's just not that important to me. However, do they have to follow Florida law in international water? I would think the same laws would apply to gambling with adults.

Speculation may be with some that's why they're removing the games, but my guess is there's a lot more money to be made in a sweet/ice cream shop than in an arcade. I'm banking that's why they're removing them, (at least on the Dream).

I did hear about that florida gambling law too. Maybe about a year ago. It really annoyed me. Basically Disney is slowing removing all gambling (as defined by this new dumb law- govt at it again) in its entire company to over-comply with the law. So no more arcades or anything.

I did hear about that florida gambling law too. Maybe about a year ago. It really annoyed me. Basically Disney is slowing removing all gambling (as defined by this new dumb law- govt at it again) in its entire company to over-comply with the law. So no more arcades or anything.

You could indeed be very correct. I also seem to remember the arcades not being very busy at all.

AKK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter