• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Swan Wedding

still looking in from the restaurant entrance:
PICT0183.jpg

the sign (from wdwinfo.com)
bluezoosign.jpg

looking back towards the entrance (which is where those horizontal wood slats are, if that makes any sense!) :
bar.jpg

barentrance.jpg

this one is looking in the other direction. At the end there is a fire pit where they roast a fish stuck on a skewer. They call this a dancing fish, and you can order it off the menu!

bluezoodancingfish-1.jpg

bluezoodancing.jpg

The main dining room:
my pics (which are super dark):
PICT0320.jpg

PICT0319.jpg

The pretty carpet:
PICT0321.jpg

Here are some that are better (from wdwinfo.com):
bluezoodining3.jpg

Bluezoodining.jpg

Bluezooendofdining.jpg

in the private room (through the glass doors you can see in the main dining room pictures):

Here is the place setting:
PICT0324.jpg

The chandelier, which is meant to represent a puffer fish (this is called the Blue Zoo, you know!).
PICT0323.jpg

The carpet in here:
PICT0325.jpg

the cool wine wall:
PICT0326.jpg

This room was really gorgous! It is so classy and just really nice looking. Here is the whole room(sorry it is so small. i have more from the wedding that i will post later) :
private_dining.jpg

Here is some information on the private room:

disclaimer- Please keep in mind that this info may be out of date a little, and the prices may have changed.

The private room can be split into three rooms. As one big room, the food and beverage minimum is $3,600. (meaning you have to spend at least this much on all of your food and drinks. there is no fee or anything). Each section has a minimum of $1,200 that must be spent, so it would then be $2,400 for 2 sections. (I hope I am making sense here!) They are seperated by a big wooden wall that can be moved. Here is the number of people you can have:

one section up to 15 people
two sections up to 30 people
all 3 sections up to 50 people

I invited more than 50 people, and they said they would allow up to 54 people. That would be pretty crowded though. if you have that many people there will be no extra room for dancing and such. If you wanted dancing (like the first dance), I think you would need to bring your own music and sound system anyways. It can be done though!

The room would be yours for the night. They don't really have a time limit. We were definitely there after they were closed.

The Blue Zoo is only open for dinner at this time. They are not open for lunch.

Hmm, what else?

The menus are on the link I listed above. However, they can mix things around. They also have a seperate appitizer list they gave me that i could choose from. They even made a new appitizer up just for my wedding! and it was awesome. I even picked things from their regular dining menu.

As far as alcohol, I made my own menus by picking several that they offer. I wanted to keep the price down, and they have some expensive drinks. This worked out ok. It turns out a couple guests were allowed to order more expensive drinks, but it wasn't too bad.You don't have to order alcohol.

I really love this restaurant's theming. :love: It is just so nice and does not really need decorating. The food was pretty good too, at least what i ate! :rolleyes:

I will try and go over the evening here at a later time. Overall I don't think that anyone would be disappointed with the Blue zoo. I had things go wrong, but not enough to outweigh how much I really liked this place.

There is another area that is available at the Blue Zoo. It is called the lounge deck, I believe. It is located right next to the bar and is semi-private. When I was inquiring about the wedding they told me that I could have this room for an hour a cocktail hour. The minimum price for that hour was $1,000. It would be $3,600 for the whole evening. This was way too expensive for us, so we opted not to use it. I was sad we couldn't use it, I really like this area! Anyways, this might be helpful to someone, so I will post pics and stuff:

inside:
this is my picture, that's why it is dark. To do the cocktail hour in here, they would remove the tables on the left, and the tables on the right would have to stay. they are permanently attached. This way guests can walk around and mingle.
PICT0328.jpg

Glass rods on strings! These things are so neat!!
PICT0329.jpg

looking behind me, at the main restaurant:
PICT0330.jpg

Here is a better pic from wdwinfo.com. The entrance to this area is to the right:
bluezoobardeck2.jpg

another:
bzldeck.jpg

and a table:
bluezooseating.jpg

Brilliant information :thumbsup2 We're thinking of having a Swan & Dolphin Wedding in 2010. I can't believe there is so little on the S&D website!

The two Wedding locations look so bare it almost put me off until I found this thread :) Do you have any more photo's of the Wedding locations / hotel grounds? and also does the foliage in the grounds change much throughout the year?

Thanks Piglet. I can't believe how little information there is either. I know lots of people get married there!

I have more pictures of crescent Terrace from my wedding day. I will definitely post them when I go over the wedding day. unfortunately i don't have any more pictures of the other locations because they are so hard to find, as you know. :confused: I might be able to find some more pictures of the hotel grounds though.

I don't think that the foliage changes all that much throughout the year. When I went in December, it looked much like it did in July. There may be some changes here and there, but I didn't notice any.

I did notice that they try to keep the hotels looking nice though. the grounds were very nice looking and they were even repainting one of the fountains on one of my trips.

Let me know if this answers your questions or not! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the quick reply :) Even though we're not getting married until 2010 I want to decide on the venue as soon as possible, especially being over in the UK too.

I'll look forward to seeing your photos :)

i thought i had my mind made up on a sea breeze point wedding. I considered the swan due the money saving aspect but then went back to the SBP wedding again. Now after seeing your thread it has made me change my mind again!

aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

i do find it really tempting about saving so much money but a part of me wonders whether i would be missing out on something.

can you still get a hidden mickey in your bouquet or is this something only disney floral does?

what about the cake cutting, how do they go about this?

can you still have mickey join you?

sorry for all the questions.

i can't stand the wait! i want to see more!!!!! i have finally decided on a swan wedding- dbf doesn't get much say apart from helping to pay for it hehehehe

well as i have decided on what i want i can now start saving so when he finally gets his butt in gear and asks me we can get booking straight away!!!!!

although i have decided i still can't wait to hear more about your wedding!

You make me laugh! :rotfl: I can totally relate to wanting to see more. I will try and go as fast as possible, it's just tough to find time right now!

On to your questions...

I am not sure about the hidden mickey in your flowers. i don't see why another floral company couldn't do this. I bet they could. If not, you could always make a mickey out of crystals and pin it to the bouquet yourself! :thumbsup2

Would you be missing something? Yes, probably. As much as I loved my wedding, if we could have afforded it I would have gone with Disney. I mean we could have had a Disney wedding, but it would have been bare minimum and not at all what I would have wanted. That, and we would definitely still owe money (on credit cards or something). My parents paid for the wedding, and I did not want them to spend a huge fortune. In my opinion it is not worth going into debt. My wedding was totally paid for months in advance and it was a HUGE relief. Now, I am not trying to pick on others who have gone into debt. For us, it was just not worth it. Hey, maybe in the future we can have a Disney VR! Oh! and we got to spend more money on our honeymoon! we had a great trip at Disney. We would not have been able to stay at the Poly, or eat at so many great places. You just have to decide what is right for you. Just make sure you at least like the places you are having it at, otherwise, what's the point? We LOVED :lovestruc the Blue zoo. love, love, loved it.

you know, you could walk over to sea breeze point and take pics there with a swan wedding, assuming there is not a wedding there that day.

There are ways to make your wedding more Disney. You could always have an illuminations dessert party later in the day if you have a morning or early afternoon wedding. You would not be able to wear your wedding dress, but it could still be amazing. hey, you could get two dresses (just one has to not look like a wedding dress).

As far as cake cutting, it depends. I know that you can get a cake with The swan at your ceremony, kind of like Disney's smaller package. (used to be called an intimate, not sure what it's called now?:confused3 ) I didn't do this, so I don't know how the cake cutting would go. I had my cake delivered to the Blue Zoo. The servers cut up the cake in the back after we did our cake cutting, then brought it out for everyone. I would ask the restaurant that you have your reception at to see if they can do it the way you want. I don't believe I got charged for it either. I can't remember.

Yes! You can absolutely have mickey join you!! Minnie too. :) Not sure about the other characters. They cost the same as what Disney charges at their weddings. They come after the ceremony and take pictures with you and your guests.

No worries about the questions. I will answer! Ask away, that's what I am here for. I don't know everything, but I will try to help!

...and just for being so paient, I want to just post a couple more pictures. Some teasers, if you will:

JM13537-17-07.jpg

JM12967-17-07.jpg

haha! Damn, I was hoping that this would all be finished and I'd just be able to read straight through!! Oh well, can't wait to read more!

The sneak peek pictures are great, looking forward to your full report.

I didn't know you were able to still have Mickey and Minnie, that is so great!

i know you must have been busy but Disneyaddict has just returned from her Swan wedding and from the sound of things it wasn't as magical as anticipated. i would love to know more about your experience before i disregard the swan as a venue.

Thank you for this wealth of information! The Swan and Dolphin was just presented as an option to my fiancé and I recently. We, well I, was getting really discouraged with the DFTW prices and our budget but this opens up so many more options! I'm really glad that it is still possible to have a Disney wedding.

Has anyone had a wedding at the Swan & Dolphin with a guest list of 150-200? I would love to get an average cost for this?

Hi there!!!
There are not too many of us on here who are S/D brides - we are a small but very exclusive group!!!!:thumbsup2
I think all the S/D brides who are actively posting on here at the moment have yet to have their weddings/VRs, so my guess is that you will have nobody answer your question.
Were you intending to have the whole sherbang at the S/D or just the ceremony?
I highly recommend that you e-mail JustMarry (S/D's wedding planners) with your questions. Karen, my planner has never failed to amaze me with the speed with which she responds to e-mails and will give you all the answers you need and put you under no pressure or obligation. Here is the link to their website

http://justmarry.com/

Check out the S/D FAQ sticky at the top of the page and feel free to check out my PJ - the link is in my signature.
Try to listen to the 'Inside Disney Weddings' podcast this Wednesday - always very helpful and I think that this week it may be touching on S/D weddings. Here is the link

http://www.insidedisneyweddings.com/

Good luck with everything and be sure to come back and let us know of all your plans!!!

i want to say thank you so much for all this information! i originally had my heart set on the wedding pavillion, the biggest draw bein havin the castle in our wedding pics. After visiting the pavillion while on holiday last year an seein how far away the castle is to the point where u only see it if u know wht u r lookin for an realisin that a lot of the time its superimposed onto ur pictures i'm not too happy with this now.
We also visited the swan hotel last year as this is where we planned on stayin for our honeymoon. at this point we actually visited the west courtyard(which we'r now considering for the wedding) without knowing you could get married there an without knowing that the swan and dolphin is not "officially" a disney hotel as its not owned or operated by disney(meaning we couldnt spend our compulsory 4night disney hooneymoon there :().

Now i'm torn between the "fairytale disney" wedding at the pavillion and the "cheaper and more intimate but not really disney" wedding at the swan hotel. i'm gathering as much information as possible on the two locations and ceremonies just not ready to give up my "fairytale disney" wedding with the castle backdrop yet either with the let downs i'm finding out so far. Will start my planning journal soon when i get closer to a decision but again a big thank you for this info from a possible future swan bride :)

xXx

I just want to tell the previous poster that all of us Swan brides consider our weddings to still be TRUE disney weddings because after all we got married on disney property. There are several planning journals including mine where I am recapping my wedding and honeymoon. We also have a Facebook group. Feel free to message me and I can send you links my PJ is titled Teresa & Greg Swan/Fulton's/GF Marina

I hope to hear more about your swan wedding

Teresa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter