my stroller stolen

We were eating at SciFi Wednesday night and came out the stroller was gone. It was a brand new (3 months we have had it) coral pink Maclaren stroller. I don't think it was a case of mistaking it for their own. Blue cotton candy was tied around the handles, painters tape around the black portion on back, and black Disney tote bag in bottom with refillable mugs sitting on top.

Disney gave us free stroller rental the rest of the week and compensated us for the mugs and the new Aerosmith t-shirt that was also in the bag. But other than that Disney's security did not know about any security cameras!!!

I am so furious that this would happen to me. We have been going to Disney for yearly for 10 years and we have always felt safe. We have left cameras in our strollers in the past and nothing ever happened. Fortunately, we left nothing of too much value this time. My DD4 was diagnosed 6 days before we left with Type 1 Diabetes and I am glad we carried her insulin bag with us every time. I am furious too because we needed that stroller because she is still recovering from the ordeal of being hospitalized. (THe doctor did give us the ok to go. He said not to cancel plans; to get back to normal as quick as possible)

Tourist beware. It does happen at Disney. I was so naive to think it wouldn't. Several CMs told us it happens alot this time of year. One CM told me people come this time of year just to steal strollers and sell them on ebay.

Sorry to hear this happened. It is AWFUL!! :grouphug: I hope your little one is doing well!
Hope you have a wonderful Holiday Season too!

Sorry this happened to you. My 2 DD's are bringing bike locks for the strollers when we go in Jan.
We've been going tp WDW for 24 years, and have never had anything stollen. That being said, it's a different time, and it doesn't hurt to be cautious. I mean what are people thinking? They liked stroller, so they just took it!?! :confused3 What kind of example is this for children sitting in the stollen stroller? Very sad,:confused:

Thank you all for being so supportive and kind. I have been looking on ebay and no luck for my stroller or the other items. I looked for a replacement for my stroller too and a new stroller on ebay will cost me $105 + shipping. We decided to wait and hopefully our stroller will turn up at DW. It has been 6 days now.

I don't know if this applies to you, but since you only purchased it 3 months ago, if you paid with a credit card they usually have an "insurance" on purchases so that you get refunded if something is lost or stolen.

It's sad how hateful people can be. I'm sorry to hear this happened & I hope it turns up.

I don't know if this applies to you, but since you only purchased it 3 months ago, if you paid with a credit card they usually have an "insurance" on purchases so that you get refunded if something is lost or stolen.

Yes, I paid for it with my Debit Visa Card. I looked up the purchase date and I am out of luck. I bought it the end of August so it has been past the 90 days ---almost 4 months now. I may give them a call tomorrow and see if some type of insurance applies.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Some homeowners insurance companies cover stolen items. It might be worth it if the cost of the stroller is more than your deductable.

That is a shame. You would like to think you could park your stroller outside without someone stealing it but that is just not the case anymore. People just do not care. Not everyone that buys a park ticket is a decent honest person. Never leave anything unattended that you want to see again.

We have a special needs stroller/wheelchair for my ds to get around the parks but he does not need to to get in the restaurant. I have left it outside Sci Fi before but I will not anymore. That thing was $1500.

I also have a stroller/wheelchair for Rachel (Convaid), cost $3,500.00. I always take it inside the restaurant. I just tell the CM it she needs it. The only time I have to leave it is when we go on TTA. That makes me nervous.

I agree with you (taking the stroller/wheelchair everywhere you go). I can't imagine a CM telling you that you could not take a handicapped stroller inside. If they did, I would speak to someone.

Sorry to hear your stroller hasn't turned up yet. :(

Thanks for the suggestion on the backpack, but our little guy would not go for that. Plus he is 25 pounds, so I'm sure my hubby wouldn't make it all day with him strapped to his back/chest.

We spent about $165 on our stroller in July w/ Disney comfort in mind. While it's not the best of the best, the way I look at it that it's a very nice, brand new stroller. Brand new stroller or no stroller? We bought a bike lock yesterday. I just don't trust people.

Sorry your stroller hasn't been returned.:sick: It's sick that someone would steal from a child.
Thank you for sharing your story. We are going out to buy locks for my grandson's strollers today.;)

I agree with you (taking the stroller/wheelchair everywhere you go). I can't imagine a CM telling you that you could not take a handicapped stroller inside. If they did, I would speak to someone.

I think Disney sees a difference between a stroller and one used for a disabled child. Or at least they usually do. Isn't that covered under the ADA act? I didn't think they could have you leave a stroller outside that was used for a disabled child.:confused3

I think Disney sees a difference between a stroller and one used for a disabled child. Or at least they usually do. Isn't that covered under the ADA act? I didn't think they could have you leave a stroller outside that was used for a disabled child.:confused3

yep agree with you that is why I said I can't imagine a CM having you to leave one outside. PP said she always tells CM the child needs it. I guess it is common courtesy to say to the CM "child needs it" but I see no need for explanation. ;)

We were eating at SciFi Wednesday night and came out the stroller was gone. It was a brand new (3 months we have had it) coral pink Maclaren stroller. I don't think it was a case of mistaking it for their own. Blue cotton candy was tied around the handles, painters tape around the black portion on back, and black Disney tote bag in bottom with refillable mugs sitting on top.

Disney gave us free stroller rental the rest of the week and compensated us for the mugs and the new Aerosmith t-shirt that was also in the bag. But other than that Disney's security did not know about any security cameras!!!

I am so furious that this would happen to me. We have been going to Disney for yearly for 10 years and we have always felt safe. We have left cameras in our strollers in the past and nothing ever happened. Fortunately, we left nothing of too much value this time. My DD4 was diagnosed 6 days before we left with Type 1 Diabetes and I am glad we carried her insulin bag with us every time. I am furious too because we needed that stroller because she is still recovering from the ordeal of being hospitalized. (THe doctor did give us the ok to go. He said not to cancel plans; to get back to normal as quick as possible)

Tourist beware. It does happen at Disney. I was so naive to think it wouldn't. Several CMs told us it happens alot this time of year. One CM told me people come this time of year just to steal strollers and sell them on ebay.

I thought that I was the only person that this could have happened too! My hubby & I were so angry! We just got off the last ride of the night, Splash Mountain, we went to get our Jogging stroller, which by the way had a black/white leopard scarf tied on the handle, my son & I went one way thinking they moved it, my hubby went another way, the spectro light parade was starting, so we were all running around like crazy looking, can you believe that someone pushed it all the way down by the Haunted Mansion????? My poor little boy age 4 found it, he was yelling Mummy look there is our stroller!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was dark and he saw it, someone was looking out for us, because we still had 6 more days of parks, & I refused to pay that crazy fee. People are just rude to move or steal strollers! It is disney for goodness sakes. What a stinking shame. I can't wait til there is no need for one anymore.

We were eating at SciFi Wednesday night and came out the stroller was gone. ...

I'm sorry you had this experience, but, am no longer surprised by it. We had a wheelchair stolen in the MK a year-and-a-half ago. It had enough personal stuff on it to make it obvious that it belonged to someone, so, although lots of people said, "oh, I'm sure it wasn't intentional," I haven't been able to think of it as anything else.

We thought of a bike lock to thread thru the front wheels. I wish we had of now. :guilty:

Yep, we took a cheap bike lock on our last trip and it really helped my peace-of-mind. We didn't bother with anything fancy because someone who was bound and determined to steal the wheelchair would most likely have a shim to break in. But, the bike lock did seem to be something that would slow down a person who was simply being unkind or selfish into thinking about the fact that someone might actually need their wheelchair.

We did have 2 occasions where the wheel was all tangled up on our return. In one case, I'm pretty sure it was just about a CM trying to move it, but, in the other case I think someone had pulled it out with an intention to take it because it was located where the CMs had told me to put it and nothing else around it had been moved by the CMs.

It's sad that our society has so many people who feel compelled to help themselves to other people's things.

I am really considering buying a bike lock, but I have read elsewhere on here that CMs will cut it if they can't move the stroller with it on. You just can't win...

I am so saddened to see that someone took your stroller. They must be the same one that took DD's autograph album out of our stroller. we had 3 spots left to fill before we went home and were planning on doing it at the Studios. It was sitting in the basket underneath and now it is gone. I am so mad at the person who took it. It had DD's christmas party sigs, Tink and princess breakfast. I am hoping that maybe, just maybe somebody will mail it home. I did put her name and address inside! Sure wish I had put my cell number now but oh well. I know it doesn't compare to your stroller but it is still the principle of the matter!

OP, sorry to hear that happened to you. That is terrible, and I really can't understand people some times.:(

I am really considering buying a bike lock, but I have read elsewhere on here that CMs will cut it if they can't move the stroller with it on. You just can't win...

The point is to lock two of the wheels together to make it harder to move, but not impossible. Hopefully it would make it inconvenient enough that a stroller thief would just move on to an easier target. I've never locked up my stroller though. Thank goodness we've never had one stolen, but ours have never been anything fancy to look at either, so maybe that is why we've never had a problem. The CM's have moved them from time to time though.

I am so saddened to see that someone took your stroller. They must be the same one that took DD's autograph album out of our stroller. we had 3 spots left to fill before we went home and were planning on doing it at the Studios. It was sitting in the basket underneath and now it is gone. I am so mad at the person who took it. It had DD's christmas party sigs, Tink and princess breakfast. I am hoping that maybe, just maybe somebody will mail it home. I did put her name and address inside! Sure wish I had put my cell number now but oh well. I know it doesn't compare to your stroller but it is still the principle of the matter!

Oh that is just so rude! Again, don't understand some people. You think they would be guilt-ridden every time they opened the cover and saw someone elses name there. Some people seem to have no moral compass. :sad2:

I haven't heard that they will cut the lock if you have the wheels locked but they can (and I imagine will) cut the lock if the stroller/wheelchair is locked to something like a bench, lightpole, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter