My Stay In The Cinderella Castle Suite Updated 6/24/14

WOW Congratulations!!pixiedust:

We also won a trip and stayed in Cinderella's Castle Suite in September. So of course I'm so excited to read your report! Sounds great so far!

That's awesome! Love the family picture in the suite. I'm really upset with myself for not getting a good picture of us all together in there. It all went by so quickly and I wasn't thinking. :sad1:

WOW:dance3:This has to be everyone's dream trip!! At least I get to live vicariously through you. Thanks for sharing!! Will you have links on page 1 to each of your posts? I am pretty sure there will be page after page of people leaving notes for you.

At the end of my first post I am adding a link to each new post. I also went back and added a link to the next post at the end of each post.

So happy for your family. What an awesome way to tour. It must be hard to go back to touring on your own after the VIP treatment.

What an amazing trip!! SO AWESOME! Congrats - the VIP tour guide sounds so amazing esp to be able to bring you in specifically where you want to go!

That's awesome! Love the family picture in the suite. I'm really upset with myself for not getting a good picture of us all together in there. It all went by so quickly and I wasn't thinking. :sad1:

Yay I finally found this TR. I've been anxiously awaiting it since I saw your post on the AKL thread and actually thought of you and your family on the day you got to stay in the castle.

Littlenellbell I read your TR how wonderful I was so excited to read about your families time in the deepest part of the most magical place on earth. pixiedust:

Ok. This is starting off to be the coolest trip report I've ever read!! Wow. A VIP guide and the Cinderella suite :cool1: AWESOME!

Thank you! We took that picture right before leaving the suite for the last time. I almost forgot as well! There is so much going on and it does go by so quickly, you can't think of everything. I really wish I had pictures outside the castle with empty park, but that didn't happen. There is a link in my signature with my report if you want to read more about our experience in the Suite!

That is awesome that you had the VIP tour guide for most of your days, we only had one during our stay in the castle. (not that I'm complaining:) )

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

WOW! It is SO AWESOME that you won this! A DREAM VACATION! And I'm loving hearing about your time with a VIP guide! That sounds like such a cool way to see the parks!!! Sounds stress free and fun fun fun!

So we had two days on our own without a tour guide. One was our extra day that we added just to make our trip longer and the other day was the day that they couldn't get us a tour guide because of a scheduling problem. I posted the details of that issue in my first post.

Our first day on our own we decided to spend the day at the resort enjoying the pool and exploring the resort. We walked to Kidani and tried out the pool there. It is much smaller than the pool at Jambo but it had the kids play area which was nice and the slide was fun.

PhotoGrid_1401407691133.jpg

PhotoGrid_1401407990135.jpg

Later than evening we went to Downtown Disney. This was our first experience with the bus service. It was much better than expected. I read how long it takes to get around especially from AKL. We had dinner reservations at T-Rex so I made sure to allow plenty of time. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The bus came very quickly and wasn't full. It felt like we made it to DTD in no time.

Dinner at T-Rex was fun. The food was what we expected since we have eaten the the Rain Forest Cafe many times. Good, but nothing exciting. My DD thought the dinosaurs were pretty cool and liked getting her picture with them. After dinner she did the build-a-dino.

After dinner we did some shopping and got ice cream at Ghirardelli Soda Fountain. It was delicious.

We were ready to head to the bus when we heard loud music playing and went to check it out. We found a DJ playing music along with a man in an interesting outfit dancing and playing with hula hoops with kids. My daughter really got into this. She danced and played for about an hour before we decided to head back to the resort. By the way, does anyone know the dancing guy's story? I saw him there back in October and got such a kick out of him.

PhotoGrid_1401408187731.jpg

Next.... Day Two On Our Own http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51591190#post51591190

Nice day on your own ... I love those days at the resort when he weather is beautiful and water is nice. My twin grandsons loved TRex and making a Dino as well, very fun : )
Looking forward to your next day!

Following along!

Oh my goodness it all sounds amazing. I can't even imagine how cool you must have felt just being all VIP status like that. Very awesome and she made such awesome calls to get you all situated and get everything in.

Resort days are the best. Especially when you're somewhere super awesome like AKL? I could hang by that pool all day too.

We had one more day on our own. We decided to use this day to go back to DHS and Epcot and see some of the things that we missed because of the fast pace of the days with our tour guide.

We went to DHS first. We knew that it was Star Wars Weekend but we definitely underestimated how popular this event was. We arrived just before the parade was about to start. We were not really big Star Wars fans so we weren't really interested in the parade. We had a lot of trouble trying to get around it. We tried out FastPass + this day. We had one for Star Tours, Rock N Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. We rode all three, let my DD play in the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set, had lunch and left the park because of the crazy Star Wars crowds.

PhotoGrid_1402001422815.jpg

Next we were off to Epcot. We had FastPasses for Soarin and Test Track. We grabbed dinner from Yorkshire County Fish and found a seat to watch IllumiNations. After IllumiNations we started to make our way around World Showcase. When we got to Japan my DD10 wanted to pick an oyster from the tank. The oyster she picked had two pearls so she and my DD19 had matching necklaces made. I thought they turned out to be really cute souvenirs for them. Unfortunately it took some time for all of this and World Showcase was starting to close. We quickly made our way around and hit Test Track one more time on our way out.

Aside from the large Star Wars crowds at DHS, it was a very relaxing and enjoyable day.

PhotoGrid_1401408524015.jpg

Next....Magic Kingdom and the Cinderella Suite Part 1 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51623663#post51623663

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter