My Son is engaged, guess where the honeymoon is?

Anything Disney!

Mouseketeer
Yes!!! My son has announced his engagement! We just returned from a work trip to Vegas with him and his girlfriend and they joked about running off and getting married....Little did we know! We get home and they told us they are serious and even set a date....in September! :scared1: Uhmm that's like 5 months away! Okay, I can probably swing that, then they announced they want to go to my favorite place in the whole world to honeymoon! You guessed it, WDW! Okay so that is 2 major planning projects and I think that while it is completely possible for an organized, deep pocketed individual, that has nothing but time to plan....I gotta admit its freakin me out! Love those kids silly, but hellooooo, reality kickin in here! Guess I'll be hanging out here for some comfort, guidance and wonderful support from everyone here! :love:

First obsticle is the location, and in our dinky town theres 4 options, unless you can hold it outside. Not advisable here in the Mountains. It SNOWS here!!

First option took 3 days to call us back, then they were booked (no surprise there) for every Saturday in September.....So now we're looking at a Sunday wedding. So in the meantime, the kids are looking at options, while Mom is helping DS plan his honeymoon! Wish us luck!!

Congrat's - how exciting. Have fun with the planning :)

Congrats! Smart man! WDW is the best place for a honeymoon! Had mine back in Sept, DH first time he is crazy about it now just like me! Im so lucky! LOL

Good luck and have fun planning for a magical expereience:goodvibes:goodvibes

Thank you everyone! We made quite a bit of progress over the weekend. They've decided that they like the idea of the Poly, AKL or the Swan. Once we actually know the date of the wedding, we can book the trip. Wednesday is my future DIL's day off, so we'll be visiting local options.

Blue Jasmin, you were the in September, what was your weather like? Was it crowded? This trip is during free dining, so I'm thinking it might make the crowds a bit bigger?

Congrats!!!
My wife and I also honeymooned at WDW. We stayed at the Grand Floridian and had a wonderful time.
Good luck on the planning.

My daughter and her DH will be honeymooning there this September for 12 days. They got married last September. They put off the honeymoon for a year so they could go wild at WDW! :goodvibes They will be staying at the BW CL. DSIL fell in love with it when we took our family trip to WDW last year.

My daughter and her DH will be honeymooning there this September for 12 days. They got married last September. They put off the honeymoon for a year so they could go wild at WDW! :goodvibes They will be staying at the BW CL. DSIL fell in love with it when we took our family trip to WDW last year.

Nice! I had DS watch the planning video this weekend. They want to be there the 22-30th. First choice is AKL CL - Can't book the trip until the wedding venue is booked. So he has the trips saved in favorites. Just hope CL level is available so they can book the sunrise safari. My honey and I did this same trip for our 20th anniversary 2 years ago.

My DS, threw me for a loop. The awesome young man that he is, asked if his Dad and I would go with them! :rotfl:
I was like, on your honeymoon?? He said that we'd have our own rooms and that we were such fun to hang with they wanted us along. Not all the time but for park hanging and such. He said he knew I love WDW and to think of it as a early anniversary trip! :love: He thinks since I'm helping him plan, I should get to go too! I'm speechless...Do we go?

That is so sweet that he invited you to go along. :goodvibes

Personally, I would cry and then turn him down. It's their honeymoon.

Maybe do a group trip a couple months after? :yay:

Congratulations! How sweet of your son to ask you and DH to go with them, but I would have to say no since it is their honeymoon.

Yes, we decided not to go, so they changed up the whole wedding and are now getting married at WDW! They really want the family to be there for a trip together before the big day, then they'll sneek off to the caribbean for some time by themselves. :banana: My Future DIL watched a wedding special on the travel channel that profiled a disney wedding and that sold her. They have started making plans and it appears they've got it all planned out already! Wow, the wedding planners sure know their job, I think I just got replaced! :lmao: My stress level just dropped to zero knowing they are in such good hands. They are keeping the details a secret for the time being, so that just adds to all the excitement.

Oh how wonderful! A Disney Wedding will be, pardon the pun, a dream come true!

I hope they ride in Cinderella's coach....*sigh* :cloud9:

Congratulations!!! No rush, but tell them to hurry so you can get them free dining!!!!! It ends soon I think. ;)

I passed that on to them and any guests/family who may go. I think you have to book before the end of June for free dining and they plan to get married before the end of the month of September. The time frame works out well. Just checked and I have enough frequent flier miles for 5 tickets. Yes, I knew I was saving those for a reason!

They won't tell us what their planning, because they want to surprise us! I thought this was supposed to be their day!! In the meantime, I've got some surprises up my sleeves for them. :cheer2: I know I'll eventually find out, cause the bills will start coming our way!! I'm hoping for Cinderella's coach, but knowing my kids, I see an Epcot venue as the location....wonder how long they'll keep us waiting?

Oh congrats!! Sounds like fun!! WDW weddings are *the best*.

We had our wedding during Free Dining... basically, our rehearsal dinner (Coral Reef) was basically paid for except the bar bill (and gratuity)... actually, same with our wedding dinner at Ohana!

That sounds lovely!! I just can't wait until they spill the details. No luck this past weekend, but we did watch the new planning video that came. They made a few comments, but nothing that gave any ideas away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter