My solution to the 2 room keys dilemma

Weedy

DIS Veteran
When booking 2 cabins and getting the extra key card (Mommy Card) the problem arises that if both cards are in the lanyard pouch you can't swipe the card without taking it out of the pouch.
So this time I went to Guest Services and asked for an extra pouch and put both on my lanyard. Then when I got to our cabin I just flipped up the one I needed to use to open our door.

image.jpg

You. Are. Brilliant. Seriously. So simple and yet it never even occurred to me. I even saw a CM at Guest Services giving some replacement pouches to another guest and I still didn't think of it. I will definitely be using this trick in the future!

Ha! So smart! I have this problem to because I usually carry DD's card and mine in the same pouch!

dilemma!!! GREAT! ANOTHER thing I have to worry about....now I'll NEVER get to sleep....chair hogs, buffet lines, elevators, seat savers, bad mdr menus....oh my gosh....:crazy2:

Can't you just put the two cards back to back in the same pouch? jw

I would put one card in my pocket.... if I leave one card in the room, I have backup card to get in.

Don't you still have to remove it from the pouch to swipe it? Or do you just put it in front of the door and it opens?

Yes, for door unlocking you just put it in front of the lock and it unlocks.

We never got pouches. You have to actually hand them to so many people when you purchase anything or have pics taken we didn't find it worth it. .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter