My sister is getting married again...

clh2

<font color=green>I am the Pixie Stick NARC at my
What do you all get a sibling for their 2nd wedding?

Money is really tight, so I do not want to give cash. Not to mention that we've only seen the husband-to-be 3 times.

If it matters, my sister is 50, and the groom is 55ish. Both have well established households.

Hmm, well maybe you can make her something sentimental? Photo album or video or something? Since we don't know her at all it's tough to say, gifts are such a personal thing.

Photo album or video of what?

I barely know this sister anymore.

Maybe tickets to something they can do in their area, a museum or a show?

A photo frame? They'll probably wish to display their wedding photos. Or you could get them an album to put their wedding photos in.

Photo album or video of what?

I barely know this sister anymore.

Well, you gave us some pretty limited info so I was just trying to think of something more "heartfelt" you could make, but guess not. Good luck.

My brother recently got married for the 3 rd time. I found a wooden sign online that says. "Home is where your story begins" and had it personalized with their last name and wedding year. They loved it. Only about $30 or $40 I think?

Hey you don't need our justification to not get them a gift!!! Just don't, especially if you can't afford it. Instead make a commitment (mental or otherwise) to call her every week for the next year and ask how things are going so that your relationship improves. In the end you and she's relationship is better (if it improves hahaha) than some POS thing she will forget or not appreciate.

For our Wedding my mother-in-law was tight on funds and very religious.

She wrote a letter to the church asking for a papal blessing for our marriage.

We got a framed certificate with the blessing.

I know it didn't cost her much (just the frame I think) but it took alot of effort which made the gift meaningful to us.

When my sister was remarried, she didn't need anything so she just asked for some help with the wedding from her siblings. You could ask her if there is anything you can do to help with the wedding.

A gift card to a local restaurant.

Or maybe give them a gift card for the movies and a gift card for a restaurant, so they can have a night out!

Good luck!

If you don't want to get her something, than don't. If you actually want to get her something, consider sending a nice bottle of wine or a alcohol along with accompanying glasses with their monogram. If they like beer, skip the buying of the alcohol and just send some nice beer mugs with their monogram.

A photo frame? They'll probably wish to display their wedding photos. Or you could get them an album to put their wedding photos in.

This seems to be the best and lowest cost option, you could make a photo frame pretty inexpensively as well.

OP here - emotionally - this sister has literally drained me over the past 15 years. So - I am not really vested in this relationship any longer. Nor do I want to be. So - I very cautiously spend time with her, as I simply cannot. So - after this "big event" I probably will not see her until Christmas. And that works for me.

I think I will just do a nice bottle of wine. I absolutely am against getting wine glasses - I know that they both have plenty, and will already be paring down the selection as the household "stuff" gets combined.

Wine is good. You could also make her a simple plaque with their last initial for the wall

Wine sounds fine to me.

For people that already have an overabundance of things, I usually go with gift cards for a nice meal or something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter