• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

My RV Hotel

Nicole1936

Earning My Ears
Good Morning all! We will be camping at FW starting Jan 3rd. As opposed to other years of staying in a cabin, we will be renting from MY RV HOTEL this year. I seen a thread from 2014, but have seen to-date no feedback on there services ( good or bad) can anyone on DIS give any feedback?

I rented from them in May 2014. Service was good. Trailer setup and golf cart charged. He set up lights and a carpet and chairs outside. It was nice to have some outdoor stuff, we did not bring it with. I did think the RV was a bit old but maintained and plenty of bedding towels. I thought it came with lots of stuff. The only thing we found offensive was the air freshener in the outlet used. Just did not like the scent. We unplugged. It and all was good. Others note, if you are experienced campers this may be something you already know, but the fridge in rvs tend to take some time to cool down, basically a day. You may want to get ice or something to help cool it down faster.

I did note someone rented the same RV in sep 2015, we saw it while walking our dogs this past trip.

Thank you so much for your reply Garneska! I was getting pretty nervous!!!! Did you have to be there for set up? Or were you free to enjoy the park, and comeback to a fully functioning rv? Again , thank you:)

As a nobody in this conversation, I've not read anything bad about myrvhotel here. They do get mentioned some but not as much as some others. But given people's expectations, they expect good service so would be more quick to complain than they might be to give a compliment about a vendor.

So don't necessarily take no news as bad news, nicole.

Bama Ed

As a nobody in this conversation, I've not read anything bad about myrvhotel here. They do get mentioned some but not as much as some others. But given people's expectations, they expect good service so would be more quick to complain than they might be to give a compliment about a vendor.

So don't necessarily take no news as bad news, nicole.

Bama Ed
Thank you Bama Ed!

We actually drove down that day, so we got to disney about 3. It was all setup. We were not there. Checked in and they gave us sight number and it was setup. No issues. It was service I expected. Nothing bad to say. Yes I thought the RV was a little older but it was maintained and had no issues. I did call because I wanted to bring mallory and he was fine with it. I would use them again and recommend them.

Grumpy Aggie & friend of Eeyore will be arriving on Jan 3rd & leaving on the 16th. We have requested loop 900, normally stay in 700. Hope to see you there Nicole 1936. We have a Mickey Lamp (DH) is attempting to add Minnie lamp & we have our Dis sign. Safe travels - we are coming from Central Texas - I-10 all the way. Leaving early AM on Jan 1st.

Just back from a 9-day rental with MyRVHotel's Elite camper in the 900 loop. This was our 2nd time renting from them.
Unfortunately, our 2nd rental experience was not as pleasant as our 1st stay.

We chose MyRVHotel again, primarily based on our 1st experience and as repeat customers we received a discounted rate and free golf cart!
We chose the Elite camper for the 2nd time because it was just my wife and I and 1 small dog and so we only needed 1 bed and preferred a larger living area.

On this trip,the owner, Pat, once again had our RV setup and ready to go when we arrived.

On day 1 however, we ran into the following issues:
1. had to call the WifI tech support guy and waste 2 hours of our vacation debugging what turned out to be bad coax/cable splitter from the pole to the RV. This cable and splitter are provided by the RV rental company.The WiFi worked fine for the rest of our trip after replacing these parts.
2. Discovered when we went to bed that the main king bed was missing some sheets and other items listed on the website as stocked in the RV.
3. Also discovered that 1st night that the lights on the Golf Cart did not work.
4. Killed several roaches. Yuck! (this became a daily activity)

I did call Pat the next morning and he promptly came and delivered the missing bedding and other items and fixed the golf cart headlight.

On day 5, the toilet became clogged. Unfortunately, Pat had too many other commitments that day (it was Labor day) and could not come out until the next day. He did suggest trying to run the extra exterior water hose into the RV in hopes of the water pressure from the hose might break up the clogged toilet. Unfortunately for us, this lead to the toilet overflowing with waste. What a stinky mess. Had to use the Comfort station bathroom/shower for the next day. On day 6, Pat did arrive early and resolved the matter. He did indicate that clogged toilets are a very common problem with RVs. We're not seasoned RV veterans, so this very well could be the case.

In summary, the biggest issue that soured our experience were the bugs. I think some of the insects from Animal Kingdom's "It's tough to be a bug" escaped and took up residence in the RV we were renting. >:(
We were told the RVs are sprayed monthly for pests. (didn't have this problem on our previous rental experience)
As others have indicated, these RVs are not brand new. Even the golf cart was "well used", but it did the job.

He did indicate that clogged toilets are a very common problem with RVs. We're not seasoned RV veterans, so this very well could be the case.

This is not a comment about MyRVHome, but rather about the statement. While I am not an "Uber" Experienced RVer, we have had a 27' TT for about 7 years now. We have had our fair share of issues (fortunately most of them minor), but a "Clogged" toilet was never one of them.

Now again please consider that this is MY Perspective (limited as it may be), but our RV Toilet is little more than a sitting receptacle on top fo a large tank. The flushing is a lever that allows 2 things to happen. First it "Opens" a cover plate (between the toilet and the tank below) and second it allows additional water to flow into the bowl to help move the waste from the toilet to the tank (allowing some to stay in the bowl which helps with "Gases" that can come up to the tank).

The bottom of the Black water tank (Sewage) is connected to what appears to be about a 4 Inch Pipe and directly to valve and connector for the sewer pipe at the dump site.The only real place I can see for a blockage is in this pipe. I would have to say that for it to get "Blocked" that someone has monumental, well you know what, or someone is flushing things down the toilet that shouldn't be flushed down the toilet.

All this being said, I just don't see this being "Common" at least from my experience.

Please note, I am also not saying that you guys did anything to "Clog it" and I don't doubt it can happen, I just don't see it as "Common" enough (at least where a tank full of water behind a clog couldn't clear it out.)

Anyway sorry you had a rough experience with that. Hope you have better experiences going forward (regardless who you use.)

I'm with Paul on this one. I have never had the toilet-to-holding tank clog. And I've had trailers for 15 years.

I can see the hose from the trailer to dump have issues, especially if there are any loops or high spots, but I have never had that happen personally. I do not leave the black tank valve open when I'm hooked to sewer. I keep it closed so it "stores" in the tank. That way, when I dump, it has plenty of volume to push everything through. I have a 40 gallon black tank. That's a lot of room for... waste before if needs to be emptied. I can easily go over a week.

j

Thank you Bama Ed!

Well I spoke too soon I guess. But better to know now.

Bama Ed

PS - sort of like deciding who to buy from when it comes to on-line vendors. I look for lots of ratings and high scores. But nobody hardly has 100% with lots of ratings.

I'm not saying MyRVHotel is bad (or good). I don't know. I just felt the response about clogs in the toliets is common is, well not common. Unless like Teambur mentions it's in the hose (loops, kinks, etc..)

I also agree that it's better to keep the tank valves "Closed" and only periodically dump them as needed. I believe that I actually read that this should be done anyway because leaving the valve open can allow sewer gases back up into the RV (more so then might be in the tank alone.)

I also feel that if these companies are going to rent RVs/Trailers to folks, that they should have a certain obligation to make sure that the renters know the "Basics" of using the RV. While it gives you some of the comforts of home, there are some "Unique" aspects that one must consider that you wouldn't at home. (Such as draining waste tanks, switching gas cylinders, Water pressure issues, etc...).

I'm not saying MyRVHotel is bad (or good). I don't know. I just felt the response about clogs in the toliets is common is, well not common. Unless like Teambur mentions it's in the hose (loops, kinks, etc..)

I also agree that it's better to keep the tank valves "Closed" and only periodically dump them as needed. I believe that I actually read that this should be done anyway because leaving the valve open can allow sewer gases back up into the RV (more so then might be in the tank alone.)

I also feel that if these companies are going to rent RVs/Trailers to folks, that they should have a certain obligation to make sure that the renters know the "Basics" of using the RV. While it gives you some of the comforts of home, there are some "Unique" aspects that one must consider that you wouldn't at home. (Such as draining waste tanks, switching gas cylinders, Water pressure issues, etc...).

Thanks Paul and Teamubr for your responses. Glad to hear that clogged toilets are an uncommon occurrence!

If we were to actually rent an RV that required us to drive and setup the unit, I would insist on the training you mentioned above.
In our case, the RV is delivered and setup for us at the campground. There were instructions above the toilet with flushing instructions. However, we did encounter a couple of those "Unique" aspects you alluded to.
The 5th wheel trailer we rented was equipped with 2 AC units. Our 1st night we slept with both units running. The units are pretty loud when operating. I didn't realize this until we called about the AC and Pat simply told us to close the output vents for the main AC unit to force the air from the main AC unit into the ceiling ducts. This allowed us to turn off the noisy bedroom AC unit at night.
Another "unique" incident involved how to use the stove-top burners. Once I spent a little time looking at the stove-top controls, I was able to figure out how to light the burners.
Finally, don't know how common this is, but there was some "bounce" when walking in the RV. It didn't bother me, but my wife wasn't crazy about the slight swaying when there was movement in the trailer.

As a possible future RV owner, I am curious what steps you guys take to avoid pest problems?

Getting back to the MyRVHotel topic, I can say that the 2 times we've rented from them, I've found Pat to be punctual and responsive to our needs. Each time he's had the RV setup and cooled down before we even arrived. So, if you have any questions, you'll have to call or text him since he may be gone before you arrive. I'm pretty sure he's a one-man-band, so he could be dealing with multiple customers should an issue arise. I don't know the condition of his other rental units, but the Elite 5th-wheel we stayed in is "tired" and perhaps neglected. This maybe a contributing factor to some of the issues we've had on our 2 rentals. Several years back, the main AC unit stopped working. Pat did respond immediately by bringing a portable AC unit and had the roof-top AC fixed the next day. Again Pat was responsive, but we still lost some vacation time while these issues were addressed.

I think clogs can happen when there is a turn in the plumbing run between the toilet and the holding tank. We had it happen once or twice in our previous TT where it wasn't a straight shot and we had a young son who used a lot of toilet paper and could have used a little preemptive coaching.

Regarding "Pests" we haven't had too much of an issue with it. We did (our first year owning our used TT) have some rodents over the winter. My DW did read that if you leave dryer sheets in cabinets and behind corners and what not, that it should deter them. Not sure if it really does work but we did it (with the cheap ones too) and haven't had an issue with rodents. So it might help too.

The only other major issues we had were more with leaks (high pressure lines at the Fort as well as on our "Slide" when it wasn't fully extended during a storm.) Both were easily fixed. (Regulator and keeping the slide either fully extended or fully collapsed.) Anything else was just "Learning" (how to operate the fridge in gas and or electric mode, etc...)

Use plenty of water when you flush to prevent clogs....especially if you have youngsters. ...just my 2 cents:tongue:

Use plenty of water when you flush to prevent clogs....especially if you have youngsters. ...just my 2 cents:tongue:
Of course this also means that you have "Flush" the system more frequently too. Also need to be careful with the usage (of water AND T.P.) if you don't have a convenient "Dump" site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter