• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My RV arrived!! And Questions about Ft. Reservation.

ChrisinNJ

DIS Veteran
Our coach was delivered from Tampa over the weekend and I am so excited about it!!! :cool1::banana::woohoo:

So now I am itching to book a trip! I have a basic idea of the days I want to travel next fall, and there are sites available for the dates. This is my first time staying on property, and my first time at the FT. so please forgive me if these topics have been discussed to death already...

I am looking to book a room only (campsite only) reservation. I already have non expiring tickets, and I don't want the meal plan. When they become available I may want Christmas party tickets if the first party falls within my stay.

My understanding is that by booking room only, you have more flexibility to change dates, don't need to pay 45 days in advance, and can cancel without penalty if necessary up to about a week before... Right?

I have also heard about requesting loops. Is there a place in the online reservation process for this? Am I better off making the reservation by phone? Can a loop request be made 11 months in advance? And at any point can you verify you got the loop you want? Or is it when you check in?

Our friends are also hoping to go the same week, can we request a loop # and also request sites near each other?

The week we want to go is somewhat popular and the FT did fill up this year. (Until Sandy caused a lot of people to cancel their trips) That is why I want to book in advance. My plans may have to change though once next year's school calendar is released. At this point I think we want a Saturday to Saturday reservation, but in reality we may have to make it Sunday to Saturday. I was hoping to book "room only" now in the hopes that if we need to arrive later, it can be changed.

Another friend of our was talking about a woman to book through. But I don't see the benefit in booking through a third party if I can book through Disney directly. He said something about this woman being helpful in booking dates when the campground is busy, and you may not otherwise be able to book the days you want???

Sorry if this was long and rambling. I appreciate any help you can offer this Ft. Newbie!

We book thru our travel agent for all our Disney's vacations . We have done resorts, campground and the Cruiseline thru her. We find it very helpful to be able to email or call her as we sometimes like to make changes or payments. Here is the info she included in the email she sent us for our Feb trip in our first RV. If you like to know who our travel agent is please feel free to PM me. :)

Cancellation: In order to receive a full refund of your deposit, notification of cancellation must be received at least five (5) days prior to your arrival date
Balance: is due upon arrival.
Theme Park Tickets:
may be added to your room key as Keys to the World tickets up to a few days prior to travel. Tickets added to your room reservation are refundable whereas paper tickets are non refundable.
Advanced Dining Reservations:
Advanced reservations for dining may be made NOW
The number to call is 1-407-wdw-dine.
You may also make dining reservations online at:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/restaurants/
Please note:
You may do*online dining reservations beginning at 6 am EST.*
Phone reservations may be done beginning at 7 am EST.
Please let me know if you need assistance.
Advanced reservations are strongly recommended for any table service dining you are planning!*
To ensure that you are able to book your desired restaurants and dining times, please do your dining on your 90*day window!
Online Check In:
Online Check-In may be done up to 10 days prior to arrival
*** Guests with specific room requests or needs may wish to check in directly at the resort.*

I'll try to help with specific questions.

My understanding is that by booking room only, you have more flexibility to change dates, don't need to pay 45 days in advance, and can cancel without penalty if necessary up to about a week before... Right?

Must cancel at least 5 days prior.

I have also heard about requesting loops. Is there a place in the online reservation process for this? Am I better off making the reservation by phone? Can a loop request be made 11 months in advance? And at any point can you verify you got the loop you want? Or is it when you check in?

we have tent camped at the fort before but Never booked online but we have had our travel agent request a loop for us.
(we did get it)
You don't find out until you check in if you got your request.

Our friends are also hoping to go the same week, can we request a loop # and also request sites near each other?

You are better off requesting to be together rather then requesting a loop.
It is usually said to request what is most important first.

Hopefully someone more experienced with the fort will come along to help you.

I usually make my reservation online and then I call a few days later to make sure I'm in a pet loop and I ask if I can request a loop. They have always said yes and I'll even go a step furthur and ask for a specific site. That doesn't mean I always get what I ask for, but 4 times out of the last 5 I have gotten the loop I wanted and the site I asked for. I also usually fax a request 10 days out and again 5 days out. When I fax my request I always list what type of site I like and why. For example, back of the loop, away from the road and comfort station, shade and as much privacy as possible. They have always tried to honor my requests even if I don't get the exact loop I want. Good luck and have a great time in your new motorhome.

Cancellation: In order to receive a full refund of your deposit, notification of cancellation must be received at least five (5) days prior to your arrival date
Balance: is due upon arrival.

How much of a deposit did you need to leave?

I usually make my reservation online and then I call a few days later to make sure I'm in a pet loop and I ask if I can request a loop. They have always said yes and I'll even go a step furthur and ask for a specific site. That doesn't mean I always get what I ask for, but 4 times out of the last 5 I have gotten the loop I wanted and the site I asked for. I also usually fax a request 10 days out and again 5 days out. When I fax my request I always list what type of site I like and why. For example, back of the loop, away from the road and comfort station, shade and as much privacy as possible. They have always tried to honor my requests even if I don't get the exact loop I want. Good luck and have a great time in your new motorhome.

Thanks. Do you know if it is possible to book the reservation, then add a pet later? We have yet to travel with our dog. I don't want to commit to taking her to the Ft. until I know how she behaves in the coach when we leave her in it.

We booked for next Christmas (12/20/13-12/27/13) and all we had to put down as a deposit was a one night charge.

I always book by calling Disney and ask for any discount. As mentioned, one day deposit holds reservation. I make loop and site request and reason for requesting site then FAX request reminder within 5 days of arrival. Tell the CM on phone about any special occasion if she/he hasn't already asked, which rarely happens.

Thanks. Do you know if it is possible to book the reservation, then add a pet later? We have yet to travel with our dog. I don't want to commit to taking her to the Ft. until I know how she behaves in the coach when we leave her in it.

I always add mine later. When I book online, I've never found a place to add my pets except under special notes. When I call later to make sure I've been given a pet loop, they never seem to have my request for a pet loop, so it's always good to follow up. They are vey accommodating and the deposit required is one nights stay.

In regards to traveling with friends, when you make your reservation ask the CM for a travel with # & give it to your friends you are traveling with, then they will have to give that # to the CM when they make their reservations. The travel with # will link all of you together. But, I would also call at least 1-2 weeks before you go & make sure they do have you linked together.
As far as assigning sites I heard they do not assign sites until something like 5 days before you arrive. They will not tell you until you check in what site you have. I always make a request when I make my reservation, then I also fax it 5 days before our trip. 99% of the time we have gotten what we requested.
I always request a pet loop, then if we decide not to take our dog I call & change it.
I always call & confirm everything at least 2 weeks before. They have been known to cancel reservations (including golf carts), screw up travel with #s, etc.

Congratulations on your new RV!!

Kim

I really must change my ticker, it is way off!!!

We have been coming to FW for many, many years and almost always get the loop we requested, though never request a particular site. We always stay preferred with no pets, and request 100, though one time we did get 200 (no problem). I've called right before our ressies, but they tell me that they do not assign a particular site# until check-in.

Our deposit is always our rate for one night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter