My room only rate better than rates that came out today!

peaches0313

DIS Veteran
So my room only rate that i had booked via the phone for the Poly next March is slightly cheaper than what came out today. I had been planning on changing to a package today. does anyone know if they will honor the room rate i already have??? If not, I think I will stay with my room only reservation and hope for a room only discount in the fall.

If you were given a room rate over the phone for 2016 before today, that was just an estimated quote based on this year's prices. It will be updated to next year's prices now that they are out, whether you change anything or not. So I don't think it matters, if you really want a package I would go ahead and do it.

Also keep in mind that you were quoted a rack room rate and there will be discounts and codes released that will be somewhat cheaper than what you have now.

Just fyi, The CM I just spoke to said to keep my current rate I have to stick with room only. The rate will not be adjusted upwards. If I switch to a package however, it would be adjusted to the current rates.

Just fyi, The CM I just spoke to said to keep my current rate I have to stick with room only. The rate will not be adjusted upwards. If I switch to a package however, it would be adjusted to the current rates.

Awesome!, and you can expect to see a discount of 7-30% depending on which offer is available for you.

But will they apply a new discount to a room that is already discounted?

Certainly, what OP has is a quoted RO rack rate that just happens to be lower than a MYW room under the new package. Dis will never increase a rack room rate on you once you have been quoted and paid a deposit.

But will they apply a new discount to a room that is already discounted?

Certainly, what OP has is a quoted RO rack rate that just happens to be lower than a MYW room under the new package. Dis will never increase a rack room rate on you once you have been quoted and paid a deposit.

But if a discount comes out for her time frame, it will be on the new 2016 price. They will not adjust her current room only rate & discount it. She will only keep the current quoted price if she makes NO changes to the reservation.

Yes, if a discount comes out, I am sure they will take it off the new/ available rates. My rate is not THAT much lower than the new online rates that came out, so I am still hoping for a discount which even off the new rates will offer a great deal of savings :) But for now, I'm sticking with my room only :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter