• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My "Room only" prices dropped 6 days before check-in

Claudia1

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Actually, this is the second price drop I've seen in the last 2 weeks.

We are arriving Friday and I've been watching the room only prices for our first night. (We are arriving early for a DVC stay and got a room at Pop.) The AP rate just dropped $25 so I changed my ressie and got a room credit for the difference. Our son and his family are also going and their summer discount room also dropped. With the new price, I switched to a room at CBR and it was only $147 plus tax. Not bad for a moderate!

Is this common? Will it drop again if the resorts are not full?

This is the first time I've heard of prices dropping after the discount has been released. You booked an AP discount and on same promo the price dropped more? This must be something new?

2 weeks ago, we decided to arrive a day early and get the cheapest room on property. Pop with the AP discount was 168.....yikes! 4 days ago I checked for rates at Caribbean Beach and realized the Pop room had dropped to $152, so I changed it.

I have been tracking the rooms, hoping for another discount, and Pop went down to $134 2 days ago so I changed it again. Then I realized Caribbean was down to $147, so I changed it one more time and still have a room credit for the difference.

I've never seen this before however we are DVC members and don't get rooms away from DVC very often.

My son and his family booked a room at Pop with the summer discount for $150ish. I don't know if their rates changed but they were able to change their room to CB, too, for just $15.75 extra.

I thought those were great prices for a moderate. I'm hoping the price drops indicate they are not full!

...........aaaaaand now the AP room only rate is up to $167 for Friday night. I think I caught lightening in a bottle yesterday. :yay:

I noticed ap prices dropping also. I was able to get 3 nights for an upgraded room at a great price but not the 4th night I wanted. The day before we were going to check in the price dropped for the 1 extra night I wanted (from $700 to $456). I've never seen this before.

...........aaaaaand now the AP room only rate is up to $167 for Friday night. I think I caught lightening in a bottle yesterday. :yay:
Was this for same room category? So strange, this has never happened before! Thanks for the heads up

I think what y'all are seeing is rooms in different categories becoming available as rooms are cancelled, plans changed.
For example, last night I was looking for a room to add a night to our trip next month.
The cheapest room at Poly last night was a Lagoon View room, AP rate of $330 something
Well, this morning the cheapest room at Poly is now less than $300 (AP rate). But it's because a Standard view room became available. Not because the rate changed.
There have been no rate changes in the past week or 2. The discount is the same today as it was 2 weeks ago. But different rooms do become available.
Another place you may have been seeing different rates is what button you have selected across the top. It's possible you viewed Rack Rate vs. AP rate by not selecting the right radio button.

Yea, I was looking at ap rate for poly cl garden view and it was showing the regular price of $700 (with ap option checked). Someone must have cancelled and I was able to get the ap rate of $450. So it pays to keep checking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter