My review for maleficent? SPOILERS

sbmorasch

Mouseketeer
First off let me just say that this movie was amazing. I loved the characters, the story, and the sets. BUT there are a few things that I was not to happy about.
Let me just start by saying that I know I am one of the last people to see this movie it shames me to say it. I normally see a disney movie right when it comes out.(unless it looks ****ty... planes)
If you don't know who maleficent is she is the evil fairy from sleeping beauty. however in the 2014 adaptation they attempted to recreate this monster into a loveable, friendly woman. In my eyes it worked... and that is why this movie is only getting a 6/10 on my scale. as a child everyone fears the horrible maleficent. the green skinned, evil lady who cured Aurora for her to die on her 16th birthday. from a villain lovers perspective, She is one of the most evil villains out there. she went right for what she knew would hurt the king and queen the most and that was there beloved child. In the 2014 movie they held back on the evil and made her show love for Aurora.
Elle did a good job with NOTHING. her wired fake british accent folioed no one. May I remind you all that Aurora is from FRANCE not England. i understand that that was a directors choice but she could have made it more realistic. i felt just awkward sitting in the theatre. her acting was passible. for the most part when she was not on screen was my favourite part of the movie

but Angelina Jolie did the best job out of anyone in the cast FOR SURE. SHe proved in this movie that she can be a villain and a sexy one at that. she showed her loveable side and her sexy side and her *****y side. i wish that we could have seen more of her *****y side as that is what i see when i think of maleficent. I don't even feel the need to say it but her acting (as in every movie) was 100% she is one of the most talented people out there.

lets just talk about prince Phillip for 1 moment. WHAT THE HELL CASTING. prince Phillip is the strong and cute prince and you made him look weak and ugly. i wish that we could have seen Phillip slay maleficent as a dragon... I WISH WE COULD HAVE SEEN HER AS A DRAGON. all in all for Phillip i was disappointed but not surprised. Its no shock to anyone that disney does not respect there princes as they do there princesses.

if i have to say one good thing about the movie it would be how AMAZING the sets where. i loved the trees coming to life and i love the big fight scene at the begging.

i would forsure incurage you to go see it and make your own opinion about it. this is mine and that is all i have to say about it

all in all

sets: 9/10

acting: 6/10

story: 7/10

overall: 6/10

Another late viewer of the film I went today with my 10 year old daughter and we both absolutely loved this film. My daughter loved it as well. Can't wait for the DVD to come out.

I'm glad the ending did not include Maleficent's death.

I also love Wicked as well. So guess I'm not a purist that doesn't like the original movie changed. Nothing wrong with that way of thinking either. I just don't fall into that category.

Obviously everyone has their own opinions and that is why we all go to see movies for ourselves. I personally felt the message in this move was good for my daughter. In real life some times things are not so simple or clear. Life is not just black or white but several shades of gray.

Overall like I said we really enjoyed the move.

All I can say is "Well, Well" :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter