• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My restaurant of the day - Whispering Canyon Cafe

SuiteDisney

<font color=CC66CC>Short Post Man cracks me up!<br
This is the perfect place for an extrovert. If you like to play and joke with the waiters, this restaurant is for you. Needless to say, I love it! And the food isn't bad, either. :)

http://www.***********.com/1cb1d0f20.jpg

http://www.***********.com/1cb3d0140.jpg

http://www.***********.com/1cbbd0e00.jpg

http://www.***********.com/1cb7d0e00.jpg

Don't forget to ask for ketchup!!! :teeth:

Just what happens when you ask for ketchup? Ive seen this alluded to many times on this board but have never seen an explanation! Thanks!

Nice pictures! We were just there on Sunday. It was a lot of fun. We're not particularly extroverted, ok, not extroverted at all. But we enjoyed watching! We had our ketchup, didn't need to ask for it! I REALLY wanted BBQ. We were staying at CBR, took the bus to Downtown, shopped a little, bused to WL, boated to MK, then bused back to CBR. We're ok with all that stuff, I know others don't like it, but when there's just two of you it's a whole lot easier than trucking a gaggle of kids around (we had our grandchildren with us the first part of the week, I know how that is too!).

We ate here just a couple of weeks ago and loved this place. DD loved the pony races and of course we had to ask for ketchup. Melusina54 - what happens is that the the table before you that has the ketchup (usually many bottles) will march it over to your table, then you do the same when the next table YELLS "ketchup". It was quite fun and an excellent value too.
Lisa

Laura you have the most FANTASTIC collection of pics... and now my tummy is growling! :p

Lura ~

Thanx for the fab pix ~ I am soooo hungry now!!!!

I had thought about taking my kids here in Dec. wasn't too sure if it was kid friendly. Now I know!!
Thanks,
Kimba

Once again great pictures, Laura. When we go back next year we plan on eating at the Whispering Canyon Cafe. Looks like delicious food! :)
Thanks for sharing.
Montana Minnie, Enid
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We will be eating there for the first time when we arrive at WDW on Wednesday!! YEAH!!! I was considering canceling the PS and just relaxing the first afternoon at the Concierge Lounge at the BC, but after seeing the photos we will head over to the WCC!!! Thanks for the great photos!!

Wowwy! What awesome pictures! Anyone know if they do anything special for adult birthdays? DH & I are going for his birthday in November! Just curious! Thanks!!!

Originally posted by lynetteSC
Wowwy! What awesome pictures! Anyone know if they do anything special for adult birthdays? DH & I are going for his birthday in November! Just curious! Thanks!!!

Be sure to tell your server that it's your DH's b'day, they should do something. When we were there, we all had to sing Happy Birthday to one man (he got a cupcake). Another time the man got a cupcake and had to gallop around the restaurant on a a wooden hobby horse. He wouldn't do it, so they took him down to the lobby and galloped around the lobby. :) He also got a cupcake.

Suite - thanks so much for the info! He would kill me! I may just have to try that! LOL!!! :)

Lynette,

If you want to give your DH a double whammie, after the birthday treatment, tell him you need ketchup but don't want to subject him to any more "publicity" by asking a waiter for it. Ask him to just go over to a table and get a bottle for you.

My not-so-fond-of-attention Dad did this on our last trip, and when the waiter noticed we had a bottle of ketchup on the table, he directed the whole restaurant to scold my Dad about stealing ketchup. Needless to to say, this was louder and more embarassing than just asking for the ketchup in the first place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter