My resort review and pictures - BoardWalk Inn Garden Suite

ead79

<font color=#FF0066>Disney Bride!<br><font color=v
BoardWalk Inn Garden Suite #1204—

BoardWalk Inn Garden Suite Pictures

We like to split our stays while traveling to Disney World, so we moved from the Grand Floridian to the BoardWalk Inn about midway through our trip. We arrived early (around 11:30 am), and our room was already ready for us. A very sweet front desk cast member named Xia checked us in and gave us directions to our room. You could get to the room very quickly from the lobby, which was extremely convenient for catching the busses to the parks. We got checked in, received our nifty gold key cards (I had heard on the DIS that you sometimes get gold cards if you stay concierge, but I had never gotten a gold one before), and headed to our room. The exterior to the garden suite was so cute! There is a white picket fence and a gate with an archway leading into a little courtyard with rose bushes and other plants surrounding a pathway into the suite. When we opened the door to the suite we were blown away! What an incredible room! I had seen pictures online, but pictures really don’t do it justice. It’s perfect for honeymooners, or anyone else on a romantic getaway. The garden suites are two stories. When you enter the suite, there is a sleeper sofa and a coffee table directly ahead. On one side of the sofa there is an entertainment center and a table with two chairs. On the other side of the sofa there is a small side table and a chair. A doorway leads to a small closet, a wet bar area with a small refrigerator, and a half bath. A staircase with hardwood floors leads to the second story loft. In the loft there is a beautiful king sized poster bed, a large entertainment armoire, a closet, and an entry to the vanity area. The vanity area has a marble countertop and two sinks, as well as a small television. Next to the vanity there is a HUGE Jacuzzi tub. It was heavenly for relaxing! A door separates the toilet and the large marble shower with glass doors. We truly loved this room!

The only downside to the garden suites is that they are located so far away from the concierge lounge. The lounge is located on the 4th floor of the resort, and you must walk outside to get there. The lounge itself is very opulently decorated with huge sofas and chairs to relax in. There is also a desk area for the concierge staff to assist you inside the lounge. There are two beverage service areas and one main food service area. During our trip we tried the midday snacks, evening appetizers, and evening desserts and cordials. I am also happy to report that soft drinks were out for the taking. Can you tell I’m a Diet Coke addict? The midday snacks were plentiful and consisted of goldfish crackers, pretzels, popcorn, M&M’s, cookies, etc. Evening appetizers consisted of cheese, vegetable, and fruit trays, as well as hot appetizers. I found the mushroom stuffed phyllo pastries to be delicious! The evening desserts were a tiny bit disappointing. What they had was quite tasty, but there was not a lot of variety compared to our earlier experience with desserts at the Grand Floridian concierge.

The concierge staff in the lounge was very friendly, and they even started conversations with us. They were also happy to help us and were always polite. Also, their pre-planning team was extremely helpful and was even able to get us an Illuminations cruise.

The BoardWalk Inn itself is a wonderful resort with a very relaxing feel to it. I love the theming and décor, and the BoardWalk is a wonderful place to spend an evening shopping and strolling. Of course, the proximity to Epcot is fabulous. We also took advantage of the walkway to Disney-MGM Studios a few times, which was also convenient. The bus service we encountered was very efficient as well. The only thing that I find to be a bit lacking at the BoardWalk Inn (and all the Epcot area resorts for that matter) is the lack of a quick service restaurant where mugs can be refilled. They have a bakery and some very nice restaurants on the BoardWalk, but there were several times we would have liked a quick meal like chicken fingers. The resort looks very cute dressed up for Christmas, and they have an absolutely incredible chocolate seaside amusement park display. It’s huge and very detailed. Also, we saw a juggler and a flute choir performing in the lobby on two separate evenings. We can’t wait to return to the BoardWalk Inn and to stay in a garden suite when the budget allows.

For my other resort reviews/photos from my honeymoon trip, click the links below:

Grand Floridian Honeymoon Turret Room Review
Pop Century Standard Room Review

Thanks for posting the pics! The suite is beautiful, but everything at the BW is done so well.

I was just at the BWV the beginning of December so I enjoyed seeing again the holiday pics of the lobby and tree. I really liked the poinsetta "tree" they had on the back deck.

Your pictures were beautiful and it sounds like you had a lovely trip! Thank you for posting!:)

These pictures are sooo beautiful. I would love to stay in one of these garden suites.....stunning, stunning, stunning.::yes::

Ead79, what a wonderful trip report. And your photos are beautiful. I'm going to view your other threads now.

By the way, congratulations!

Elisabeth - Thank you for the wonderful posts and pictures, absolutely fabulous. Congratulations!

Alice

It looks so charming. I'd love to stay there someday.:D

I really enjoyed your review! Thanks for sharing your pictures with us, too. :)

Thanks for sharing your pictures. Beautiful! I have a question, do you think the garden suite would be suitable for a family or do think its strictly honeymoon type setting. I'm dying to stay there, but alas my honeymoon days are over;)

Momtomootoo, I actually think that the garden suite would work out very well for a family. It would offer some privacy for the adults and lots of space. Plus, it's always handy to have an extra bathroom (well, half bath in this case). Since the sofa downstairs is a sleeper sofa, the garden suite sleeps 4 people very comfortably. :)

You were right next door to my favorite Garden Suite #1205. I loved having the balcony instead of the patio. The Garden Suites are so romantic ::yes::

I know that I am digging this thread up from a long time ago, but I'm hoping you might be able to solve a mystery for me. I can't find anywhere a description of what is in the 1st story and 2nd story bathrooms. The upstairs has a vanity, jacuzzi tub, a shower, and a bathroom correct? What is in the 1st floor bathroom? Is it just a toilet or is there a shower in there? Thank you for your help in advance!

Anna Marie

I know that I am digging this thread up from a long time ago, but I'm hoping you might be able to solve a mystery for me. I can't find anywhere a description of what is in the 1st story and 2nd story bathrooms. The upstairs has a vanity, jacuzzi tub, a shower, and a bathroom correct? What is in the 1st floor bathroom? Is it just a toilet or is there a shower in there? Thank you for your help in advance!

Anna Marie

I think that the 1st floor bathroom has a small bath:) The Garden suites look really "Cool"

:goodvibes

Does anyone happen to have any recent pictures of the "Garden Suites" as i think that they went through a rehab?

TIA

Anna Marie

I stayed in a Garden Suite in 2009. The down stairs bathroom is only a toilet and sink,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter