My rates went down!!!

Wall-E1

Dis Dad
Finally got my private health insurance policy switched over to an ACA plan. Phew!!! Just made the deadline! My monthly rates are dropping $161 a month. Yay!!! Plus, instead of a $500 deductible per family member, the new deductible is $0!!!

I'm pretty excited. This is the first time in my life that I have had my health insurance rates drop. Just wanted to share an ACA success story!

Finally got my private health insurance policy switched over to an ACA plan. Phew!!! Just made the deadline! My monthly rates are dropping $161 a month. Yay!!! Plus, instead of a $500 deductible per family member, the new deductible is $0!!!

I'm pretty excited. This is the first time in my life that I have had my health insurance rates drop. Just wanted to share an ACA success story!

That's fantastic congratulations!!

That is awesome news for you!

I'm just sad that I know too many people who will lose their insurance and can't pay the higher fees with the crazy insane deductibles. They will be paying the tax penalty and not have insurance.

I had posted on the other thread that mine went down also. Not only did ours go down but we got two new options.

Not sure of the cause, I work for a big global company so many of the things in the ACA they were already offering. I think they are just big enough to negotiate with the insurance companies.

anyway, mines went down almost 50 bucks a month.

I've lost count how much ours have gone up over the years---much like tix to WDW!! DH got a new job last month, so we have a new insurance co to go through.

OP, what a nice surprise for you!!

lol. wow talk about the hate.

Yes, I think it is rather hateful for someone who is receiving our tax money to rub their no deductible, subsidized health insurance in our face. I am the sole-earner for a family of six (one disabled) and I receive nothing from the government in subsidies.

Yes, I think it is rather hateful for someone who is receiving our tax money to rub their no deductible, subsidized health insurance in our face. I am the sole-earner for a family of six (one disabled) and I receive nothing from the government in subsidies.

Then you don't qualify, unless you choose not to take it. That's on you.

but it's totally ok for you to rant and rave, thread after thread about how the ACA is ruining their lives.

along with the assumption that we are all on the government dole.

I happened to work for my benefits. but continue on with the rant.

So to the OP, did you have insurance with your employer then switch over to the government program? Is that doable? I thought the government program was for people who didn't have insurance?

To the OP: Do you have a subsidy? It sounds like you do. Can I ask how much the subsidy is per month?

I too wish I received something from the government, other than

public roads
public schools
public utilities
air traffic controllers
court system
police
military
us post office
public museums
fire departments
national parks
USDA inspected food
FDA approved medication
weather reports
municipal water
satellite imagery
traffic safety standards
public libraries
rural electricity
currency

What a rotten deal! :rotfl2:

So to the OP, did you have insurance with your employer then switch over to the government program? Is that doable? I thought the government program was for people who didn't have insurance?

not the op, but my company has not switch over. In fact if we want to participate in the aca we have to opt out of the companies benefits and explain why you are doing so. Also they have added two new plans that mirror the low cost plans so truthfully I doubt if anyone in my company will switch out.

That's fantastic congratulations!!

That is awesome news for you!

Excellent!

:thumbsup2

YAY! That's wonderful!

OP, what a nice surprise for you!!
:goodvibesThanks everyone!!!

Enjoy our tax money. :mad:

My no deductible health insurance is not subsidized. I pay monthly premiums. I did not apply for, nor do I receive a subsidy. I don't know why you would just assume that. Perhaps you should educate yourself on ACA plans. Choosing an ACA plan does not mean that you automatically receive a government subsidy.

Anyone can purchase insurance from the exchange, whether you currently have insurance or not - at least that's my understanding of it.

I've always carried private insurance. I've never been on an employer/group plan. Basically, I called up a health insurance agent and told him the plan that I currently had, and asked him if I could do better with one of the ACA plans. In our county, there are well over a hundred options from bronze up to platinum plans. The agent was able to find a plan that offered all of the benefits that I currently had, plus a few extra benefits. And the price was lower. It was a nice surprise. So, I basically switched from one private family plan to another - both Blue Cross.

I would recommend if anyone is looking for a plan - call an independent health insurance agent. The government website is so buggy and I find it hard to get detailed plan information. Using an independent agent made the process very easy.

Enjoy our tax money. :mad:

#1. You think you're the only person that pays taxes? I've been paying income taxes for 18 years, and the only government service I've used was 6 weeks of unemployment when my employer decided to send my job to India.

#2. People have been enjoying the use of my tax money to finance public school educations for their children for years. It's about time I got something in return.

I haven't had insurance for 2 years because I was denied due to a"pre-existing condition" that caused no harm, and required no medications or testing aside from my annual women's visit (which I was doing anyway). This was *BEFORE* the RA diagnosis, so I can only imagine what trying to find insurance now would have been like without the ACA. The drugs I need to be on are about $2,000 *PER DOSE* and need to be taken 1-2 times a month. So I'm looking at $24,000-48,000 per year just for one drug. The last job I had I made about $25k/year, so you can see how well that would have worked out.

Since the ACA prevents insurance companies from denying me a policy due to pre-existing conditions, I can now have insurance and not have to worry about if I can afford meds this month or not. Luckily I have a doctor that is willing to work with me until I get insurance, so I'm on the "cheap" meds right now (and that's still $120/month), but I really need to get on the "good stuff" so I don't end up with joint damage and have to get something replaced before I'm 40. Oh, and I don't qualify for the government subsidies because I make less than $11,490/year, so I'm paying the full cost out of pocket. I'm going to be on a platinum level plan, because while it's a little more each month, it's got a much lower out of pocket max, which I *KNOW* I will hit with no problem, so it will cumulatively be less expensive than a lower tier plan. $304/month with no deductible (it's an all copay plan) with a $2,000 out of pocket max for the year.

To the OP: Do you have a subsidy? It sounds like you do. Can I ask how much the subsidy is per month?
No subsidy.

I had a private family plan - just me and my son. It was a ppo plan through Blue Cross. I was paying $922 a month. My insurance agent was able to find a plan on the ACA. It's a Blue Cross platinum plan (also a ppo) The monthly premiums dropped to $761 a month. Plus the new plan has a $0 deductible - an additional savings that I was happy to learn about.

It really was a nice surprise for me. I called the agent not expecting much, but between the premium and deductible savings, I'm saving over $3,000 a year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter