• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Raglan Road 08/25/07 meal-- OMG good!

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
I was a little leery about dining here due to recent Dis reviews and shared experiences.
I don't know if others hit an unlucky day, or I hit a lucky one, but I finally found my one MUST HAVE WDW dish. What I ate was get-away-from-my-plate-or-I-will-stab-your-hand-good. :lmao:

I had made an ADR probably 2 or more weeks ago. When we arrived the place was busy, but there was available seating. I don't know if they were aceepting walk ups or not. But there were empty tables.

Three adults. We each had ice teas to drink. They were flavored -- blackberry or current. Something like that. Our server "warned" us before hand they were flavored. That was fine with us. :goodvibes :thumbsup2

One in our group had the Sheperds Pie.
Another (I think) ordered Paddy's Pork.
I ordered Pie in the Sky - chicken and wild mushroom pie served with a rocket lettuce salad. :cloud9: :love: :banana: :woohoo:
Yes, I was hungry. But this was just PERFECT, OMG good. :hyper: :worship: There was nothing that could have been improved. The chicken was tender and great tasting. As was the crust. Creamy. Smooth. Perfect temperature too.
The greens salad (not iceberg lettuce) was more than enough, and had a light dressing that was very good too.
The person eating the Sheperds Pie said their dish was very good.
The third person liked their dish, but said the food could have been warmer. From what they described their food was room temperature, and the plate it came on was hotter than the food.

We were all too full to eat dessert. We did not have any appetizers, nor were we served any bread. Just as well (for me) because I could not have finished my entree. And being that my entree included a delicious pie crust, I did not need bread anyway.

We were in and out in roughly an hour.

Very good service. Always had drink refills without asking. All staff were friendly from the time we checked in until we left.

We never heard nor saw any entertainment at RR.

Maybe Saturdays are a better day to go. BUt this is the one place that TOMORROW I am calling in an ADR for a few weeks from now. :love:
Pie in the Sky -- here I come! :cloud9:

Thanks for the great review! We have ADRs at Raglan Road for our next trip. Looking forward to it!

What time was your reservation? I think I've read that the entertainment starts later in the evening, around 9ish.

Hmmmm, we have one night without ADR's. Maybe I'll have to do a little shifting. That sounds fabulous.

That sounds sop yummy! Thanks for sharing your review. we hope to fit this in in 2 weeks when we are therepopcorn::

When I made my ADRs I asked about the time for the entertainment. I was told they thought it was all night.
My ADR was for 6:00. We left RR shortly before 7:00.
I have since read someone thought the entertainment began at 9:00. But I don't plan on waiting that long to eat just to see or hear a little Irish entertainment.
The first seating at Comedy Warehouse begins at 7:45. And last Saturday happened to be one of those nights where no one was allowed in to the Adventurer's Club until 9:00 p.m. (private party)
I figured if we were seated around 6:00 we should be in time for the first seating at CW. We had plennnnty of time. Too much really since there is not any stores in PI, besides the Harley store and a cigar store :sad2: (No offense; just don't care about either.)
What a waste of space with all those previously productive stores now gone.
Not much at PI but a few clubs. :rolleyes:

We are going to Disney Oct4th and have ADR @ Raglin' Road and it sounds like PIE -Ipirate: N -THE -Sky for me!!!

Thanks for sharing your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal. DH and I did not enjoy ours when we tried it in January. I had the beef stew and DH had the signature pork dish.

We had a great experience on 8/27. Me, DD-14 and DNiece-26. All ate different things:
DN and I shared the Scallop forest. Yummy but dripped all over our hands.
DD had the other scallop appy. Also yummy and less messy.

We got bread -- DD and I were disappointed, having had truly great soda bread at an Irish festival 3 weeks before - we skipped the dipping sauce; DNiece said it was OK.

DD had the chowder - said it was a little salty and couldn't finish it and was further disappointed that there were so many mussels (we didn't think to ask that the mussels be left out); if you love mussels, you'll love this!
DNiece had the shepherd's pie - she said she'd died and gone to heaven; but too much to finish
I had the Kevin's ham - very good, the glaze was not heavy but tasted great, not too much cabbage; couldn't finish either, too much food

DD and I shared the "Kiss" for dessert - very very chocolate-y and good; and no, we couldn't finish this either.

Great dinner for me and DNiece, DD gave it a so-so and said she doesn't need to go there again. Wanted to come back for the entertainment at 9pm (our ressie was for 4:45) but we had VIP viewing for Illuminations and that took precedence. If our feet hadn't hurt so badly, we'd probably have gone back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter