My Princess was asked on a Date!

DH-2-mamaduck

DisDad#446 - Family of 7 from MN
Ok fellow DIS Dads, in 6 months, my oldest DD princess: will be 13. It was just last week when I took her and two of her friends out to dinner and then dropped them off at the movie theatre to see Hunger Games. Whlie at dinner, they werew getting text msgs from boys asking them out on a date.... :confused3 So it begins...

I'm 36, I can still recall being 13. She'll start 7th grade / Jr High in the fall. Issue is that I'm not too worried. I'm not sure if it is because I told myself this is coming, so better prepared, or just in denial?

Other than the obvious, education, I was wondering if these would be a better approach?

1. Fill out an Application:
522861_352026434853699_100001390358628_954833_620810832_n.jpg

2. Bad Boy approach:
http://youtu.be/Hb9aGovCJYY

There s the dad's against daughter dating shirt. Personally, I plan to be cleaning my shotgun when the boy shows up.

Norm, you mean this?

dadd_shirt.jpg

Thirteen is OK because they understand supervised dates. No picking up your daughter, taking her in his car to the "movies." And the boys are easily intimidated at that age. Mine is now 18 and has a goober that dared to ask her to the prom. Unfortunately, he is still alive because he is a good kid.

Just make sure that she knows she is the boss. Good luck.

Ok fellow DIS Dads, in 6 months, my oldest DD princess: will be 13. It was just last week when I took her and two of her friends out to dinner and then dropped them off at the movie theatre to see Hunger Games. Whlie at dinner, they werew getting text msgs from boys asking them out on a date.... :confused3 So it begins...

I'm 36, I can still recall being 13. She'll start 7th grade / Jr High in the fall. Issue is that I'm not too worried. I'm not sure if it is because I told myself this is coming, so better prepared, or just in denial?

Other than the obvious, education, I was wondering if these would be a better approach?

1. Fill out an Application:
522861_352026434853699_100001390358628_954833_620810832_n.jpg

2. Bad Boy approach:
http://youtu.be/Hb9aGovCJYY

The joys of being technology impaired. DD has no email, no Facebook, no phone and I get the mail. Should be good for another half-dozen years.

The joys of being technology impaired. DD has no email, no Facebook, no phone and I get the mail. Should be good for another half-dozen years.

Unfortunately she is not technology deprived, however, I do monitor all traffic and she know it. Thankfully she is a good kid.

Norm, you mean this?

dadd_shirt.jpg

Thirteen is OK because they understand supervised dates. No picking up your daughter, taking her in his car to the "movies." And the boys are easily intimidated at that age. Mine is now 18 and has a goober that dared to ask her to the prom. Unfortunately, he is still alive because he is a good kid.

Just make sure that she knows she is the boss. Good luck.

That is the one. Saw someone wearing it at WDW last time.

My cousin would write the names of the boy coming to pick up his daughter on a shotgun shell that he would then be placing on a shelf when the boy was waiting for her.

I am certainly thankful that my daughter also has a protective older brother.

My daughters are 12 and 14. The oldest was asked to a school dance and I permitted it but told her she may only group date until she is a junior (16). There is a part of me that thinks she is happy that she can blame it on me. I am an elementary school teacher so have been watch as children have been growing up earlier and earlier. I am glad my girls are still able to enjoy childhood before they are going to start dealing with the stresses of the adult world. Just remember it is hard to go back once you move into a new phase of life.

Wife's brother has the military version for "So you want to date my daughter"
It includes phrases such as "I have military clearance and training to kill you 14 different ways and I know how to properly dispose of the body"

They also use their Sicilian background to warn off the boys too.

Our daughter is only 10 and she already has a following of boys that like redheads. I'm already hearing comments that she is getting a figure from other parents whose boys are noticing her.

Wife plans to place a sign that says,

"Just so you know, we are from the Italian Mafia-
if you take out my daughter,
Be prepared for one of her relatives to take you out if you don't treat her right!"

and she means it!

She also tells the boys now (age 10) that Uncle has the military clearance to kill people and dispose of the bodies. She figures that for now she is planting the thought-- Later she will remind them of that fact when they even think of getting near daughter.

Oh, and it never hurts to be good friends with all the local police officers by throwing them apppreciation luncheons for no particular reason.

Plan in advance men.

Give the poor lad enough rope to hang himself, surely you recall being a 13 year old lad, absolutely bricking yourself when you meet the parents.

Although if here's an arrogant one, then take him to one side and lay down the law, whilst polishing a weapon of some kind lol

Good luck!

Our rule will be no steady relationships until 18. Single dating max of 3 consecutive dates age 17. Group dating at 16. Same rule for our 2 older sons.

13?! I'm with you. It comes too quick.

Before 16, no dating at all. Supervised group dates before 16 is all in the Jenks house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter