my points and target gift cards

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
I havent cashed out at my points rewards for quite a long time

but now were going to WDW in Jan Id like to cashout for a target GC that I can then buy a disney GC

so I went to mypoints and when I went to the target GC all it talks about is using it on line

do they still send you a card that you can take to the store

also can you still use the target GC for a disney one

thanks sorry about all the questions but its been so long since I cashout and things seem different

You may redeem ponts for a physical card which is mailed to you. You may purchase a Disney card with the Target card.

I've noticed that MyPoints is sometimes out of stock of physical GCs, so it only shows e-GCs for that store. If there is no physical GC available for Target, you can load an e-GC onto the Target app to use it in store.

I just received a physical Target gift card from Mypoints in the mail. Went on Target website and ordered a $50 Disney card. Free shipping. I would rather not go to the store.

I prefer to get the Target ecard, put it on my Target app and buy the Disney card in store. I've had bad luck with buying Disney cards online from Target and won't do it again. I've also had problems getting a physical Target card from mypoints, so there you go! In fact, I'm still in dispute with mypoints about a Target card that I ordered (I purchased it, didn't cash in) in early Oct that still hasn't shown up. I bought 4 $50 cards and only 3 came in the package, though it showed 4 on the invoice.

Just had to come back and say that mypoints came through today and refunded $50 to my cc, so yay! I'm so glad they made it right.

I don't have Target as an option to redeem on MyPoints????
I'm seeing Target for the following redemption points: $10/1750, $25/4000, $50/7800. I assume it is the physical card as it does not say ecard.

Do you get the emails from mypoints with the bonus specials? They have their partner site (actually, I think they own it) called Swappable that sells gift cards. They are face value but you get a lot of points when you buy one. For instance, there is currently a promo for 2500 mypoints for buying a $100 amazon card. When I bought the Target cards, I got 5000 points (I bought $100 worth twice). As I said above, though, there was an error with the shipment and one of them never arrived. They refunded my money and I haven't looked yet to see if they adjusted my points. Anyway, Amazon is nice because it's an ecard so no shipping worries.

Last edited:
So bizarre......I do not have Target. I sorted everything available to me A-Z. It jumps from Starbucks to TGI Friday. image.png

I am a fellow my pointer as well and I have physical target gift cards available for redemption! That is really strange.

I contacted them and they are looking into it. I have been a member for years and changed my email address back in April 2015 and somehow it changed my joined date to April 2015 yet I see invoices prior to that. If you joined March 2015 or later you can only get eGift cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter