My plans....what do you guys think?

mickeysgirl17

Wish I was at Disney
We're doing 10 nights/11 days from Sat, Dec. 6 to Sun, Dec. 16th. It will be me, DH and DD5 at Pop Century with deluxe dining. We will not have park hoppers. I'm open to any suggestions so please tell me if you see any problems.

Day 1: Sat, Dec. 6
Arrive at Pop 9:30am. Check in. Get autograph book and refillable mug and go to AK.
Lunch at Flame tree at 11:30
5pm: Head back to pop for unpacking, rest
8pm: Dinner at Flying Fish
Stroll the boardwalk

Day 2: Sun, Dec. 7th
Epcot day
B: Akershus 8:30
L: San Angel 1:30
D: Cape May at BC 8:15

Day 3:
Mon, Dec. 8th, MK
B: Crystal Palace 8am
Snacks for lunch
D: Narcoossee's 8pm

Day 4:
Tues, Dec. 9
B: Chef Mickeys 9am
Parasailing at contemporary 11:00
Wonderland tea party for DD at 1pm at GF while DH and I walk around
GF.
3:30: Go to the Poly and walk around until dinner.
5pm: Ohana
7-MId: Mvmcp

Day 5: Wed, Dec. 10
Sleep in, DHS
L: Sci Fi 11:30
Fantasmic
D: Beaches n' cream (whenever fantasmic is over)

Day 6: Thurs, Dec. 11
DTD, Cirque, HDDR
Explore DTD, shop
L: Wolfgang Cafe (11:30)
6pm: Cirque
7:30: Go to FW for HDDR at 9:15

Day 7: Fri, Dec. 12th
AK day
B: Tusker house
D: California Grill 8pm

Day 8: Sat, Dec. 13
Epcot
Sleep in
L: Tutto italia 11:30
D: Le Cellier 7:30
illuminations

Day 9: Sun, Dec. 14
L: Marrakesh 11:30
D: Yachstman steakhouse 8pm

Day 10: Mon, Dec. 15
B: Boma 8am
L: Prime time cafe 2pm
D: Jiko 9:20pm

Day 11: Tues, Dec. 16
MK, last day
Check out
L: tony's town sqare 11:30
D: Whispering Canyon cafe 7pm
Drive home (2 hour drive)

Here are some problems I'm having:
1. I have too much going on Tuesday, Day 4 but we really want to do new things this trip, and I don't know where else to fit it in. :confused3
2. I want to do Disney Quest especially for DH, but I don't know when! :mad: I just may have to skip this or squeeze it in on DTD day but then I won't be able to shop.
3. I'm trying to avoid EMH days but I don't know the schedule for Dec. yet and its hard when both DHS and AK both do EMH on the same day. I also am not liking the idea that I'm doing AK on a Saturday (Day 1).
4. We love taking WDW transportation so we don't have to drive, but I'll need the car most days so we can get around without having to go all the way to DTD to use the bus service back and forth.

You guys have any suggestions? I know this is a very aggressive plan, but we've done Disney before and I think my family can handle it. After all, we will be sitting and relaxing during all those TS meals in between. Thanks for all your help. :)

It sounds like you will have a great trip. My kids could never handle the late dinners, but that's just my kids. As for finding time for Disney Quest for your husband, can you split up? You can shop and he can have fun at Disney Quest.

I am going 12/6-12/14 and if you look at the new schedule of EMH they have released (for September), they are all on a regular schedule--like early morning hours for each one are every seven days-this also goes back months as well. So, I just looked ahead on the calendar and figured out which days we were there would be EMH for each park.
I hope that makes sense! I do have the schedule (that I figured out), so if you need it, PM me and I'll send it to you! :)

I take it you are doing the deluxe dining plan. Looks like alot of time at TS restaurants, but that may be what you want. Looks like to me that your trip is going to be dictated by getting to dining reservations. Again that may be what you want though...

I take it you are doing the deluxe dining plan. Looks like alot of time at TS restaurants, but that may be what you want. Looks like to me that your trip is going to be dictated by getting to dining reservations. Again that may be what you want though...

Yes, I am doing the deluxe plan because I can't wait to try all those new restaurants and I'm defenetely calling 180 days out. :thumbsup2

I'm thinking maybe I can squeeze in DisneyQuest after lunch until Cirque, but then I would have to find another time to do some shopping.:confused3

Looks like we have a couple of days in common! I can't wait for some great holiday pixie dust. :santa:

Holidays at WDW 2008

12/10 Drive to WDW
Check into ASMo
Dinner at ASMo
Buy Refillable Mugs!

12/11 Breakfast at ASMo
Epcot
Santa’s and Storyteller’s
Lunch at Biergarten
Dinner at Sunshine Seasons

Candlelight Processional (Waiting for Announcement of Speakers)
IllumiNations!

12/12 Breakfast at ASMo
Animal Kingdom
Lunch Yak & Yeti
Dinner at ASMo
Night OFF

12/13
Breakfast at ASMo
Epcot
Lunch at Kringla Bakeri og Cafe
Dinner at Rose & Crown

IllumiNations!

12/14 Morning OFF
Breakfast at ASMo
Lunch at ASMo
Magic Kingdom @ 4:00pm
Dinner at Cosmic Rays

MVMCP

12/15 Day OFF
Breakfast at ASMo
Afternoon Tea at GF
Shopping at DTD
Dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express

12/16 Breakfast at ASMo
Disney Hollywood Studios
Lunch at Backlot Express
Osborne Lights
Dinner at Mama Melrose

12/17 Breakfast Kona Cafe
Magic Kingdom
Lunch at Pecos Bill’s
Dinner at The Plaza
Wishes!

12/18 Breakfast at ASMo
Epcot
Lunch at Le Cellier
Dinner at Sunshine Seasons

12/19 Check out
Drive home

Now this in no way means that this holds for your family, but I have a 5 year old, and I know that we could never handle that much. We've also been to Disney a ton, and I know we would not be able to make those late dinners, early breakfast the next day, etc... Now your child's sleeping schedule may be different and you may be able to handle it.

It sounds like a blast if it were just me and my husband, but I just think it will be too much (like Cirque, HHDR same night) etc.... I would be worried about having to get around to so many different reservations, even with a car. I always feel when we leave Disney that we didn't have enough time to just kind of relax.

Only you know your child of course! So if you think it's doable then go for it! But since you were asking for opinions, I just think you'll end up not enjoying yourself as much with such a packed schedule.

Anyway, have a great time! I wish we were going 10 days this time!! :)

Kim

I think it looks great! And if you are driving yourself to the parks and not having to wait for the buses it will free up alot of your time. Have a Great Trip!

I am going 12/6-12/14 and if you look at the new schedule of EMH they have released (for September), they are all on a regular schedule--like early morning hours for each one are every seven days-this also goes back months as well. So, I just looked ahead on the calendar and figured out which days we were there would be EMH for each park.
I hope that makes sense! I do have the schedule (that I figured out), so if you need it, PM me and I'll send it to you! :)

I'd really appreciate it if you could e-mail me your schedule, :) We're going Nov 28th- Dec 6th, and trying to figure out what parks we want to go to each day, so having the EMH schedule (tentative) would help out a bunch.
My e-mail's mrudman41873@yahoo.com

Thanks!

That looks like a great trip Timon n Pumbaa fan!

Yep, I had to make this one simple. My MIL is going to be joining us. There are a few simple rules. Keep the budget low, which means staying at a Value Resort, no dining plan and a lot of CS meals. No hopping, because my MIL and I will be on ECV's and with us being dependant on buses, hopping kind of sucks with the lowered park hours offered this time of year. Try new things, but don't overload the MIL's diet with too much salt or sugar due to her CHF and Diabetes, which means that I get to make lots of phone calls to arrange for her special dietary needs once I can set up our ADR's. Lots of Epcot, because my MIL loves Epcot. She wants to see all of the Santas and Storytellers, so I broke it up over the course of 3 days to make it easier to enjoy Epcot and to enjoy the entertainment. If I calculated correctly, I think we have a shot at seeing 3 different CP narrators. I hope that we can all agree on one really great choice and get this down to just one CP on the schedule. Corey's sisters and their families will be joining us for MVMCP on the 14th. My only rule for that night is that we get a few PhotoPass pics and that I get to see Holiday Wishes! The rest is just going to happen as the night unfolds.

This may well be MIL's last big vacation. I am more focused on letting Corey and her mom have some great time to bond with a little pixie dusting here and there.

Thankyou for all your responses. I would like to mention that my DD does stay up a little later than most kids, so I know we can handle those late dinners.

Either way, I will have a stroller with us everywhere and she can always nap in the stroller and rest at the restaurants. We went in 2006 and she did great as did we.

The only nights DH and I were very very tired was when we visited Epcot since its so huge so I think we'll be okay.

Thankyou for all your responses. I would like to mention that my DD does stay up a little later than most kids, so I know we can handle those late dinners.

Either way, I will have a stroller with us everywhere and she can always nap in the stroller and rest at the restaurants. We went in 2006 and she did great as did we.

The only nights DH and I were very very tired was when we visited Epcot since its so huge so I think we'll be okay.

I think you'll have a great time! My daughter is the same way, and this December will be her 3rd trip (she's 7) and each time we've went, she stayed up very late and did great! We're also doing the DxDP (it will just be the 2 of us) this time around and I can't wait.
Have fun!! :yay:

My DS has always been the same way, he needs very little sleep especially at Disney! :rotfl:

I think your trip looks great! We are doing Deluxe Dining in August and yes, I know we will be running to ADRs but I would much rather be sitting in a nice air conditioned restaurant than standing in a CS line but that is just me. We know that we won't eat all of the courses/portions that are offered to us and it is Ok. We just want to try as many restaurants as possible.

Have a GREAT trip!

Exactly. I know we can't possibly eat so much in one day especially with 2 snacks added on too and with some meals being buffets or all you can eat.
I just want to try different places and new things.

Hi Mickeys girl.
we are going the same time as you, 6th dec till 21st dec when we go on the mariner of the seas then onto las vegas for new year. What a trip for us.

anyway your plan has given me ideas for my trip so thank you. We are staying off site and travelling with teenagers and another family with their teens.
we plan on eating breakfast at home before we leave to cut costs and time.

As you have been there for christmas before should we also prebook lunches or should we just decide on the day. This is because we have teens and not even sure if we will be together or not. we will be for dinner though.

I have just checked out your review of your last trip. Looks very lengthy and informative so off to have a long read now.

maybe you will see some crazy aussies around the parks

well I have just spent the best part of an hour reading and re reading your wonderful review and making notes.
You certainly ate at a lot of places and different times (very early and very late).
do you have any must do or dont for eating.
Also all your photos are no longer there, would it possible for me to view them.

my email is

kaseyoz@hotmail.com

hope you enjoy your next trip as much.
I too love all the planning as much as you do.

kaseyoz---

If your planning on eating at TS lunches, then I would make ADR's in advance due to the Dining and deluxe plans being very popular. Even if you change your mind later, you can always cancel but this way you won't be dissappointed if there aren't any available tables.

We really loved the Coral Reef, and Ohana's on my last trip so I highly recommend these and defenetely do at least 1 character meal.
Also, the late or very early meals worked out great because of the lack of large crowds at popular meal times: 11:30 to 2pm for lunch and 6:30 to 8pm for dinner.

I also just checked my trip report and I can't see the pics. I have to try to fix that! Well, you can try to see the pics by this link which will take you to photobucket:
http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o286/nybella17girl/disney 2006/
Just a warning: I currently have 199 pictures up so it may take a while to see all of them!

Thankyou so much for reading my TR and for being so interested in my trip and pictures. I'm glad I can be of help.
By the way, your upcoming trip sounds wonderful and I hope to see you in December!

Timon-n-Pumbaa Fan - We will be doing 12/11 and 12/12 with the same plan. And we will be with MIL and SIL as well. We even hope to do the Biergarten and CP on 12/11 as well. We'll see you there!

Mickeysgirl17 - We are planning on eating and checking out the Boardwalk on the same Sat. evening as you guys! But we will be doing a much earlier dinner b/c we will have our then 2 1/2 year old and almost 5 year old!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter