• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My parents decided to come. What about my ADRs???

whitney6494

Mouseketeer
I was able to change a couple of them to 7 people. But what about the ones I've been stalking the WDW site for day after day. I have a CP for 8am and a Ohana for dinner that I don't want to give up. I don't want to be rude and say we're eating here...you'll have to find somewhere else. Do I keep checking for cancels or is there a way to add them somehow?:confused3

This isn't the make it/break it of the trip!!!;)
Keep trying for the change(ADR):wizard:
Talk to your parents and explain to them how much you really want to do this......SO if it doesn't pan out for all of you...........
Can they possibly have an enjoyable meal w/o you that evening in the event............

And if you don't want to break-up that evening:
I think having your parents along and the great memories you'll all create will far outweigh a cancelled ADR.:wizard:

We had the same problem...had a party of 5 that at the last minute (1 month out) turned to a party of 8. We were able to switch times and days and get most of the places we wanted. We also could not switch 'Ohana and also Coral Reef...so we kept those two and explained that we would keep trying but that we had to book them seperate reservations for those two nights. They were fine with it and understood.

Maybe offer to do the legwork of making a few ADRs for just them, like you thought they might appreciate a couple of "romantic" adult only meals together? For the breakfast date, possibly a nice elaborate in-room meal, and somewhere fancyish for when you'll be at Ohana...

Unless the restaurant is completely full, it's possible they can accommodate your extended party. You may have to wait longer than you had anticipated. You should continue checking for cancellations to be sure. If you arrive at the restaurant with two extra people, and the restaurant is at capacity, the two extra people will not be seated.

We had the SAME problem this time with our friends making our 5 an 8. I managed to get the same reservations for all but Ohana and I can say I am really bummed. However, if it were my parents I'd feel like I could tell them I really want to go to those dinners and book them another ADR somewhere else. It might be good to have a few meals to yourself.

A couple of years ago this happened to us at LeCellier. We were a party of 3 that suddenly became a party of 7 due to brothers family joining. At time of reservation we showed up and asked if they could accomodate us. They said normally no. However a party of 8 never showed up for theirs and after a few minutes to make sure they werent going to show we were given their table. So you never know.

Last year, one month before we were scheduled to leave, my in laws decided to join us. Suddenly our party of 4 became a party of 7. We were able to rebook several of our reservations, but some (Ohana, LeCellier, Coral Reef, CRT) we couldn't. We kept CRT and Ohana, but cancelled the others and found alternate places that could accomodate our large party. All in all, they understood the ones that we wanted to keep and ended up trying some other places that they enjoyed just as much. Just because you vacation together, doesn't mean you have to spend every single meal together, and my in laws understood that and enjoyed some of their alone time.

Good luck!

Well I was able to get a different date for Ohana. They won't be there yet so I won't feel like we're leaving them out. The only one I will keep trying to get is CP for the earliest breakfast. I have it already and I won't give it up but if we could get a party of 7 or a party of 2 at the same time it would be a miracle. Stalking WDW site really does work.:wizard:

Are there reservations for a group of 2 for your parents at those times that you can check in and ask to be seated together?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter