My Own Rant ( Not About Quest )

I was sitting in town square wearing my new sparrow suit and some comes up to me and says the following :

Him : Sparrow isn't black you id.i.it
Me : Excuse me
Him : You Heard Me id.i.it
Me : You have problem with this color?
Him : Yes change now.
Me : Maybe I am black, would there be a problem?( I'm not I thought my avatar looked tan )
Him : Yea I don't like them.
Me : Well you'll have to get over it because the world is filled with color!
Him : lose.her

I ignore report and stay. Someone told me what he was saying and I say tell him I reported and to have a truely Magical And Colorful Day!!

He was gone in a few moments.

Now I was taught that color doesn't matter and I still believe that but if this was a kid in a world that I grew up in too why is there so much hate if someones skin isn't that of yours. Humans are all human weather you think so or not and I believe they should all be treated with respect and everything will work out.

That meanie! That is totally rude and racist! I would have reported him in an instant. VMK has zero tolerance for harrassment, so I would have written his name down and let the staff deal with it.
I'm sorry that you had to be apart of that awful conversation. Just wanna let you know, I'm not like that nor is anybody else I know of on DIS or VMK. Anybody who treats you unfairly is very rude and evil.

I agree with everything you said about color. Why does it matter? A human IS a human, no matter what. Same with what somebody said earlier abour religion. So what?! Just because they're not like you doesn't mean you have to be rude. Color and religion.. and all that other stuff - IT DOESN'T MATTER! We're all the same inside!

Just Keep Swimming!
-->Faye-Marie

I was sitting in town square wearing my new sparrow suit and some comes up to me and says the following :

Him : Sparrow isn't black you id.i.it
Me : Excuse me
Him : You Heard Me id.i.it
Me : You have problem with this color?
Him : Yes change now.
Me : Maybe I am black, would there be a problem?( I'm not I thought my avatar looked tan )
Him : Yea I don't like them.
Me : Well you'll have to get over it because the world is filled with color!
Him : lose.her

I ignore report and stay. Someone told me what he was saying and I say tell him I reported and to have a truely Magical And Colorful Day!!

He was gone in a few moments.

Now I was taught that color doesn't matter and I still believe that but if this was a kid in a world that I grew up in too why is there so much hate if someones skin isn't that of yours. Humans are all human weather you think so or not and I believe they should all be treated with respect and everything will work out.

Yeti, this is the second time this has happened, what is up with some people these days, putting someone down because of their skin color is one of the most terrible things to do to someone. That person must not have alot of love or kindness in his heart for him to say something like that.

Just do what i do, sit back and watch them make a fool out of them, and keep your cool.

no worries ill. If there were no losers in the world, you wouldnt be able to notice the winners :thumbsup2

GREAT way to put it Aengus!!! Have to say that's one of the best ways I've ever heard to describe it!!! :thumbsup2

Sorry it happened Ill, there's no place for it anywhere but sadly we know it's there. But we also know how much good there is. :)

Wow...

I thought the days of color discrimination were long past. People such as ( him ) should not be allowed in the vmk community.

- MAY HE BE BANNED FOR 10 YEARS! huzzah :lmao:

Dude. I have NO WORDS. None.

I cannot believe there is anyone who still thinks like that. Absolutely appalling.

I'll tell you this, though, there's no way he would have had the nerve to say anything like that to you in the real world. Bigots are generally also cowards. And I agree with those who have said that you handled it extremely gracefully!

Unfortunately, hate is on the rise. Especially in the US.
According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, who tracks hate groups in the US, the number of hate groups rose to 888 last year. That is a 48% increase since 2000. These are not individuals. These are organized groups.
http://www.splcenter.org
http://www.splcenter.org/intel/map/hate.jsp

Everyone needs to take a stand against hate. No matter where you see it.
http://www.splcenter.org/center/pet...ource=redirect&url=standstrongagainsthate.org

Sharing this with KristyBlue just before she left for school. Gosh I love this kid. It made her chuckle. No hate at all in this kid, not even for your attacher. "Gosh that's random. People are sure odd" and went off to school. Now Ill, you know KristyBlue, her avatar is black. One random day she noticed that there just wasn't many characters that were the black skin color, so she decided to make her that way. "Besides it looks good in blue". She is the most fair, blonde person you could imagine, even tanning is difficult for her. When she made her Cinderella Pop Up book story on VMK, her photos are of a black Cinderella, she finds it really odd that people comment on that, (both good and bad) because she didn't even notice when she did it - her character was that color so of course Cinderella would be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter