• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(My opinion) VMK might just be recieving a name change

awsometony

Earning My Ears
if anyone has taken a look at the Walt Disney Internet Group website and click on the WDIG websites tab on the side, there is no longer a VMK icon obviously, but now there is a Disney's game kingdom online icon, and when it is clicked on, it redirects you back to the VMK site.

don't believe me? try for yourself: http://http://corporate.disney.go.com/wdig/wdig_websites.html

Untitled.jpg

I went to the Disney.com site yesterday and saw that in the games section or somewhere. You can click on it and sign up and I think it's running now. They wanted to much info, and money so I didn't get very far. Not to much info like I'm uneasy giving it. Too much like I was to lazy to fill it all out. I'll see if I can find the place I ended up.

-Stacey

I don't know if this will work, but following the trail I did yesterday this is where I went.

http://disney.go.com/gamekingdom/v1/marketing/index.html

So why in the heck do they make us go through all of this stuff? brand new site or just a collection of online games minus VMK ?

Ouch! $9.95 a month but if you prepay it's $49.95 with OUT VMK!! I don't think so, not for me

this sounds familiar wasn't something that was discuss a long time ago. I think it is already going on. And maybe when they took out the VMK logo they forgot to fix the linK? says for ages 6-8. thought it looked familiar

Disney Game Kingdom Online is another type of a game that Disney offers online. It costs $4.95 for the first month and $9.95 for each additional month or $49.95/year. Go to the link that was posted above and you can read all about it.

wait...i'm a little confused here...you all do know that game went live a few months back right? it's just another game Disney's offering...ya'll did know that right? i just don't get why they already removed the VMK icon and whanot already tho...

Not the same thing at all. It's slightly more interactive than Disney's Preschool Online. I see my 4 year old enjoying that site but not so much the rest of the family :(

They are willing to dump vmk and have that DGK as a replacement? Yikes.

I just had a thought to that I was talking to Sweet about. Maybe just maybe, disney could only use vmk while yavn was involved. So maybe when yavn left vmk as we know it left with him BUT maybe there is a site very much like vmk released by , yes you guessed it DISNEY! Anyone agree?

I just had a thought to that I was talking to Sweet about. Maybe just maybe, disney could only use vmk while yavn was involved. So maybe when yavn left vmk as we know it left with him BUT maybe there is a site very much like vmk released by , yes you guessed it DISNEY! Anyone agree?

I so wish you are right. But, I can't imagine that Yavn's lawyers have more money than Disney's lawyers. :(

But, I too posted when Yavn.com went live again as vmk.com posted news of going dark. I hope and pray that you are onto something SkippyPaul.

And you are one hot calendar babe :rotfl:

I so wish you are right. But, I can't imagine that Yavn's lawyers have more money than Disney's lawners. :(

But, I too posted when Yavn.com went live again as vmk.com posted news of going dark. I hope and pray that you are onto something SkippyPaul.

And you are one hot calendar babe :rotfl:

I got a feelin about that might be whats up here. Yavn left and took the vmk name with him. Keep your fingers crossed.
uh huh, hunk a hunk a burnin love there huh rofl

Or....... Yavn knew VMK was closing and transitioned into his new position prior to the announcement was scheduled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter