My Only Complaint!!

jenlovesdisney

Mouseketeer
I think everything about our trip was superb! EVERYTHING except one thing~

SHUTTERS

That place gives me nightmares to this day! It was always a zoo and the fact that they are only open for a few hours in the evening made it worse. I went several different times, once right when they opened, an hour after they opened, before my show, after my show, at 11 pm. THey were always crowded and it was mayhem with people trying to get their pictures!

Anyone else have this problem?

Some things never change!
Do you know if you can empty your digital camera memory card onto a CD from Shutters?

I agree Shutters is confusing and crowded but I also found their photographers to be the best I have seen in a long time and some of the hardest working people I've met. They were everywhere taking pictures and then they were back working the counters. I couldn't believe they were able to get me Christmas cards made in 3 hours with all they were doing. I think 1/2 the problem is that Shutters is also part of a main hallway needed to get from place to place which adds to the crowd.

Originally posted by SweetSpot
. I think 1/2 the problem is that Shutters is also part of a main hallway needed to get from place to place which adds to the crowd.

That is my only problem with shutter, although it is a large one! I suppose it was located that way so people like me were bound to run into it.

and boy oh boy was it hot! Add in at least double the number of bodies it can hold, the lights for viewing pics, etc. and it was a sauna in there!

Yes you can unload your memory card there. You are right, they do work hard but they should really have more people working~ have separate people for photographers and cashiers. But like I said it was my one and only problem~ I bought the picture package because they were all fantastic!

We have 2nd seating for dinner and we are able to get in and out before the "show" ends at 11. It does get quit crowded when the "show people" and the "after dinner" crowd are there together.
Anyone remember what they charge to "copy to a cd" or will the develop pics from the memory stick and copy to a cd? And the charge for that is...............

Anyone remember what they charge to "copy to a cd"

We transferred about 90 pics from our memory stick to a CD on board (we sailed the 10/23 Magic) and it cost $14.95. Pretty pricey, considering what you would pay on land, but the alternative was no pictures at all or disposable cameras. We just went ahead and did it for the convenience, but I wasn't pleased about the price. We had a disposable underwater camera with 27 exposures developed on board and they only charged us $9.95 for that - still trying to figure out why the CD was more expensive.

Oh, well - that's what happens when you think you've got more memory than you really do. :rolleyes:

Buying a 512 mb memory stick before the cruise was the BEST decision we made -- I highly recommend getting a big card before your next cruise!

We have a 512 but with a 6 MP camera we had to take our card and send it to be put on a CD at MK before we left for the cruise. Thankfully we did it. We had 2 CD's come back because we had so many pictures. But that was the one thing I do not regret doing~ taking lots of pictures!!

Same complaint here. Too crowded and I feel so rushed. I wish DCL would somehow allow us to check our pictures on the stateroom TV. Some cruise lines do this, I heard.

We' were on the 9/19 four day WONDER cruise and yes, it was always crowded. I like the last DIS poster's idea of viewing your photos from the stateroom.

We were able to find "off" times when Shutter's was not nearly as crowded. Make sure and check your Navigator for the hours and obviously try to avoid the evening before and after shows.

Viewing pictures on-line in your cabin would be great but would probably impact the "impulse" purchase with the preprinted photos.

Now, I'm not sure if my point about shutters is good or bad. I guess it depends on how you look at it!!

We only spent $20. Yipee!!! But that is because there were only 2 pictures of our family. The embarkment picture and one at the dinner table on formal night.

You see, there are only 3 of us and one is a ds-14. They rarely take pictures of just adults around the ship or the teens. There were a few pictures from the CC teen wild side, but only about 4-5 and ds was not in any of them.

They really focus on the families that have younger kids. I can see why, the pictures are darling and parents will buy them.

But why not go into the Stack or to the teen activities where the parents can not be around. I'm sure I would have bought pictures of ds and his new friends for memories.

The same thing with the teens at CC. They are off in a group of friends without parents to take pictures. I know ds would have been embarassed had we come around to take pictures. I can hear it now, "MOOOM".

Musicgirl, you are so right. I think that they should check out the teens as it isn't cool for the parents to do it.
And, this is from a parent that has a 24 year old so it wouldn't even make a difference to me but your post made me think how corrrect you are!

I was annoyed that when Shutters isn't open, one cannot even SEE the pictures. I went several times and they were closed. I understand not leaving the pictures out unattended to prevent theft, but I thought they could put them behind glass when they are closed so you could at least browse them and decide what to buy later.

Shutters needs more space! I found the best time to go was after our late seating dinner.

I know it makes sense to have it in a place that people have to walk through to get to dinner, but when people are lined up waiting to get in to dinner, you can't get to your pics.

One time we went in and had to climb over a family that had their pictures spread all over the floor, trying to make decisions. Maybe Shutters could use some more counter space.

I hadn't planned on buying a lot of pictures, but their photos turned out great! I also picked up a few of their stock pictures, too.

Jeanne

Originally posted by oybolshoi
We transferred about 90 pics from our memory stick to a CD on board (we sailed the 10/23 Magic) and it cost $14.95. Pretty pricey, considering what you would pay on land

YIKES!:earseek:
I guess I should just factor that in with expenses for teh week. My memory card hold 160 pictures, but I have a feeling I will use more. $14.95 is cheaper then buying another memory card.
BTW, I only pay $2.88 at Cotsco for the CD.

A very long time ago when we cruised, they delivered the photos to your cabin. You were charged for the ones you took. I wonder why this doesn't work any more? Maybe because people need copies?
I think ordering it on the TV in your cabin would be a great idea.

I don't think that they only take pictures of little kids. My husband and I went kidless, and our friend's son was never with them while we were together, and there were just /tons/ of pictures of us in Shutters. And we are not particularly photgenic people! Maybe we were just lucky.
This year, I'm taking my laptop computer with me, as it connects to my digital and burns CD's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter