My "old lady" hand is skeeving me out!

yoopermom

Come join Bravo by the fire...
I went for a walk with DH Saturday around our 40 acres and at one point reached for a tree branch that whipped back and gave me what I thought was a small cut on my right hand. It bled a little, but stopped by the time we got home, so I put neosporin on it and called it good.

Then yesterday "this" started in the afternoon. I happened to have a dr apt this am, and my g.p. thinks I just "broke a blood vessel", but it sure looks yucky! It really doesn't hurt, but looks like heck.

DH said, "Looks like your grandma's hands" (and she was 103 when she died, thanks honey!)

Ick!

Terri
hand2.jpg

Yeah, I get those marks from time to time, on different places on my hands. I take blood thinners, so my vessels are more prone to bleeding (under the skin) when applying weight or stress to someplace on my hands. It should recede by itself but it could take a week or more to disappear.

LOL, that looks like my hands all through high school. I was a majorette, which might sound like a pretty benign "sport." However, when that baton hits the back of your hand it feels like a steel rod (which it is!) My fingers and hands always looked like I'd been in a bar fight.

It's less ugly today (although the total area covered is larger), but I did call the dr to ask if I should continue to take the low dose aspirin that she has me on. It's the only thing I can think of that would cause this to happen.

And Minky that is SO funny, who would have thought that would be a dangerous profession ;) ?

Unlike Joey on Friends, I'll never have to worry about being a hand model!

Terri

LOL, that looks like my hands all through high school. I was a majorette, which might sound like a pretty benign "sport." However, when that baton hits the back of your hand it feels like a steel rod (which it is!) My fingers and hands always looked like I'd been in a bar fight.

I broke my front tooth with my baton. I was a majorette in school also with my best friend. We won a trophy at camp, the cheerleaders didn't so...........we got to show off at the first assembly for football. Anyway, I am now at THAT age. I scratched my finger the other day and there was a bruise mark. Skin is getting thinner. I just kept thinking, oh no I it looks like the retired 80 year old's hand/arms at work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter