my oh my things have changed...help.

GoOfyInDisNEy

Mouseketeer
I only get on the boards when I have a trip booked. It makes me sad to read about Disney if I know it's not in my future. How pathetic, I know.:confused3 So we booked a very last minute trip. We arrive January 25 and leave the 1st of February. Anyway, we stay at POP every time, so that is where we are again. Anyway, I booked a room only discount with a pin and was hoping to buy my tickets in January or when we arrive. After lurking around on the boards, I see that we don't get KTTW cards anymore at this resort. So my question is: If I buy a hard ticket from UT or the Disney Store, can I use these to pull fast passes from the machine?

Thanks!:yay::banana::love:

As things stand now, yes. The MyMagic+ Program is currently being rolled out and things are in flux. Legacy FastPass machines will eventually be removed but Disney has not said when that will occur.

Keep watching these boards for the latest updates. They are usually posted here before an official announcement from Disney.

As things stand now, yes. The MyMagic+ Program is currently being rolled out and things are in flux. Legacy FastPass machines will eventually be removed but Disney has not said when that will occur.

Keep watching these boards for the latest updates. They are usually posted here before an official announcement from Disney.

Just want to clarify and make sure my overworked brain understands. As of Today, this moment, I can buy tickets from an outside source, and not link them with my magic band, and they should (AS OF TODAY :rotfl2:) pull a fast pass. Correct?

Thanks :) It has only been a year since we have been there. So many new changes. Crazy. The things we do for the Mouse.:):)

Just want to clarify and make sure my overworked brain understands. As of Today, this moment, I can buy tickets from an outside source, and not link them with my magic band, and they should (AS OF TODAY :rotfl2:) pull a fast pass. Correct?

Thanks :) It has only been a year since we have been there. So many new changes. Crazy. The things we do for the Mouse.:):)

Yes, as of TODAY, you can pull legacy FPs with hard tickets. But just be aware that FPs for the headliners run out much sooner than before. Don't bank on getting a FP for TSM, TT or Soarin more than a half-hour or hour after park opening.

Also, just so you know, if you do choose to link your outside tickets to MDE you would have the ability to choose your 3 FP+ prior. Now, as of now lol, that would limit you to those 3. If you want the headliners and dont want to do rope drops that is an alternative to consider.

Also, as of now, while you will not get a KTTW card that can pull legacy FP at POP, if you pre-purchase the tickets from UT you could, as of now, use those physical UT tickets to pull legacy FP.

I know! Im giving myself a headache just typing this but wanted to make sure you are aware of the possibilities as of now :badpc::badpc:

Oh and we'll be at POP same time as you :thumbsup2

IMHO, even with tiering at DHS and Epcot, it might be better for you to link your tickets and take advantage of FP+. If you are strategic and use both FP+ and rope drop, I think you may be able to get more done than just using FP-, things being what they are. Of course, this may not be the case at MK. Just a thought.

I am a person who loved FP+ when it wasn't tiered, but wouldn't like it much with tiering. Still, I think you're placing yourself at a disadvantage if you don't use FP+. Just my .02.

Couldn't goofyinDisney buy their tickets from UT, or even at the front gate, link them to their MDX and then make FP+ on MDX and be able to get FP- with their tickets?

The sooner the better so people can't cheat the system and double up on FP's thus shutting other people out from them.

My experience so far: Room only reservation at AoA. Tickets from UT. I linked my UT tickets to reservation and ordered magic bands. From what I can determine from MDE, both band and card refers to the same entitlement. I might be able to use the card for FP machine. I'll find out in January.

I don't see how the Legacy FastPass machines can be removed if MagicBands are limited to on property guests. I wonder if Disney is moving toward a model like Universal -- head of the line pass for on-site guests and selling "FastPasses" to all others. Yeow!

The sooner the better so people can't cheat the system and double up on FP's thus shutting other people out from them.

But that is assuming that as they pull more resort guests from the legacy FP pool that the legacy FP pool will remain the same size. I truly believe that as they roll back the number of people using the legacy FP system, they will roll back the number of FPs in that pool as well. Disney has NO INCENTIVE to make the legacy system valuable at all. They want everyone to want FP+ and NOT the legacy system. The only way to do that is to make legacy FPs even more scarce than they are now.

1- I don't see how the Legacy FastPass machines can be removed if MagicBands are limited to on property guests.

2- I wonder if Disney is moving toward a model like Universal -- head of the line pass for on-site guests and selling "FastPasses" to all others.

1- ALL guests will be participating in FP+ at some point in the progress of the program. (Likely early in 2014, but that's just a guess.)

2- While ANYTHING is possible, from all we've heard from Disney, that is not the intent.

As things stand now, yes. The MyMagic+ Program is currently being rolled out and things are in flux. Legacy FastPass machines will eventually be removed but Disney has not said when that will occur. Keep watching these boards for the latest updates. They are usually posted here before an official announcement from Disney.
Out if you are off property won't you need fp - or even decided last minute to go to the parks for the day

Out if you are off property won't you need fp - or even decided last minute to go to the parks for the day

Legacy FP machines are going away, Disney has said as much. What Disney hasn't said is how offsite guests will be factored into FP+ or if there will be a same-day component to the new system.

Also, just so you know, if you do choose to link your outside tickets to MDE you would have the ability to choose your 3 FP+ prior. Now, as of now lol, that would limit you to those 3. If you want the headliners and dont want to do rope drops that is an alternative to consider.

Also, as of now, while you will not get a KTTW card that can pull legacy FP at POP, if you pre-purchase the tickets from UT you could, as of now, use those physical UT tickets to pull legacy FP.

I know! Im giving myself a headache just typing this but wanted to make sure you are aware of the possibilities as of now :badpc::badpc:

Oh and we'll be at POP same time as you :thumbsup2

Enjoy your trip! Maybe we will see you around. You will be able to find us in the food court eating tyedye cheesecake for every meal. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter