My OCD is showing! How do you keep the room "organized"?

Fyi: Target had some collapsible bins in their dollar spot today. They also have the pop up hampers and some hanging storage in the dollar area for $3

The last time we tried the over the door hanger - the hooks wouldn't fit.

We being Command hooks for this reason, works great. I like the smaller organizers that have just 6-9 pockets that can hang right form the towel bar at the sink or wall next to it.

Being organized is key. I have the backpack with travel sizes of everything (sunscreen, ibuprofen, bandaids,etc) and then the regular sizes in our toiletries. This eliminates the "where's the????" and also helps us to not forget stuff fin the room because someone took it out of the bag.

...Being organized is key. I have the backpack with travel sizes of everything (sunscreen, ibuprofen, bandaids,etc) and then the regular sizes in our toiletries. This eliminates the "where's the????" and also helps us to not forget stuff fin the room because someone took it out of the bag.

I do this too! DH thinks it's overkill and calls me "WCSP", which is short for worst case scenario planner. I keep telling him that one day he will be thanking me!

I do this too! DH thinks it's overkill and calls me "WCSP", which is short for worst case scenario planner. I keep telling him that one day he will be thanking me!

HAHAHA! I look at it lie this, I don't want to lose valuable park/pool time having to look for or buy something....better safe than sorry, I always say

I also found collapsible bins and a pop up hamper today at the target dollar spot. Grabbed a bin and hamper for our June trip! Love this thread, such awesome ideas! :-)

x5 on unpacking right away. The ironing board, if set up very low, makes a sizeable shelf below the hanging clothes. Shoes fit beneath. Each of us has a skinny packing cube for socks, underwear and pjs, and I bring a small folding mesh hamper for dirty clothes. The beverage tray on the dresser is the landing spot for items that go out the door with us like sunglasses, wallets, watches, jewelry.

It's not OCD. ;). My hubby actually packs a suitcase when we go in the RV...and lives out of it!!?? :confused3. There are four empty drawers and a closet, but we get to step over a suitcase vomiting wrinkled clothes. Drives me bonkers.

I love the ironing board idea! I'll be using that on our DL trip next summer.

Packing cubes. Like these: eBags Packing Cubes. There are enough colors and patterns that everyone gets their own, and there are enough sizes that you can use them for almost anything. And then this for toiletries: eBags Pack it Flat. Packing cubes go right from the suitcase to the drawers, then back in the suitcase. I'm not OCD but I've been hopelessly unorganized on trips until I bought these.

We drive so I have a little more leeway with what I can bring. Last trip, the collapsible laundry basket was a lifesaver. end the end of the vacation, all I needed to do was put it in the car and when we got home bring it to the basement. We also packed a smaller suitcase with the clothes we would need for the ride home. I brought a few smaller square baskets for the kids toys and blankets so they were not all over the place.

I bring Sharpies so we can write names on our mugs in case people get the same colour lid/handles. Also bring extra ziplock bags to hold park items all in one so it's a quick toss in the bag. Also handy for storing leftovers/snacks/wet clothes, etc.

To keep room organized, we use the hanging closet organizer (one clothing one for clothes and a shoe one for toiletries and small items). I also use the clothing bags everyone talked about. For long vacations, I take everything out and put it in the closet organizers, and then put dirty clothes away in the suitcase (rolling up, sort by colour if possible). For short trips I leave everything IN the suitcase and bring a laundry bag - don't want to waste precious park time by repacking up suitcases!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter