My new puppy won't drink from a bowl

mickeyminnie

happenin' chick<br><font color=blue>Rice Krispies
I got an 8 week old Shih-Tzu yesterday, he is feeling a bit shy, but getting braver, however he won't drink water from the bowl. He is used to a water bottle, like you would use for a rodent in a cage. He was often crated with siblings. Any suggestions? He wouldn't even lap it out of my hand, although he would like it off his fuzzy face. I am worried about him dehyrating, he still has a wet tongue and peed a few times this morning.

We just got a new puppy 2 weeks a go she was also drinking from a water bottle we hung one on her crate and placed a bowl out and after a day she stared drinking from the bowl.. just give her time.

I would guess he will drink when he gets thirsty as well, just keep showing him to the bowl.

When we first brought Dash home he wouldn't eat or drink inside the house, it all had to be done outdoors because of them doing it that way where we got him from. Eventually we just kept moving the bowl closer to the door and then just inside it and he caught on. Thank goodness we brought him home in August and not January or some other cold month :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter