My new pet peeve.

Carl

DIS Veteran
Trying to sign up for a new discussion board. Most of them have this insane device to verify if you are a real person. It asks you to enter the letters you see in the box or to enter the words you hear. It is impossible - at least for me. I can not make out the gibberish either with my eyes or ears. Can't they do it some way that works on "bots" without making it so difficult for us real humans? Do the rest of you have as much trouble with this as I do?
And, while we're on the subject, why would someone use a computer program to sign up for bulletin boards?

ITA

I have to go thru many options before I can come across one I can actually see. :headache:

I can never get those to work either. If I get it in three tries,I am doing good.

Too right! And, after a couple of tries, I find myself sorely tempted to fill in the box with some fairly spicy language...

I don't like them either, but my skill level with them is improving.:)

LOL - I always thought I was just weird and deficient in some way! In the beginning, it took me so many tries. i'm much better now although I still hate them.

I hate those things too. Some of them aren't too bad, but others are impossible to decipher. Sometimes, I have to ask for four or five new ones and I only get in because I guess correctly.

....I'm totally lost :confused3 ....I don't have ANY difficulties, but mebbe I'm thinking of something else...

Gah - I hate those key capcha things! I have 20/20 vision and it still takes me 3 or 4 tries to figure them out. Dunno if it's related, but I also have great difficulty with child-proof medicine bottles :lmao:

I hate those things. When you try to look for concert tickets, every time you search again, you have to enter again. AAACCCKKKKK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter