My new favorite dessert-at Biergarten

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Has anyone had this? I'm not sure what it's called, but it's red berry puree with vanilla sauce on top. Delicious! Does anyone know what it's called? Am I lucky enough that it's available at the CS in Germany?

We were given this at dinner at Biergarten a while back because the chef told us that it was one of the only things our DS with dairy allergy would be able to have for dessert. He told us that it is usually on the lunch buffet - it was not on the dinner buffet that night. It was delicious. We were not brought it at a subsequent dinner visit nor was it on the buffet then. Our little guy can eat all of their sausage and boy does he ever! I have never seen one little kids eat so much sausage!

Sorry I don't know the "official" name.... I think its just berry compote, but I'm not 100% sure. Here is a pic:

IMG_2509-1.jpg

Sorry I don't know the "official" name.... I think its just berry compote, but I'm not 100% sure. Here is a pic:

IMG_2509-1.jpg

YUM! We had that at lunch last November. At the suggestion of one of our wonderful table mates, I spooned it over the Bavarian cheesecake....heavenly! :cloud9:

Has anyone had this? I'm not sure what it's called, but it's red berry puree with vanilla sauce on top. Delicious! Does anyone know what it's called? Am I lucky enough that it's available at the CS in Germany?

Oh my god, I know. That stuff is incredible! I love the Biergarten.:worship:

Yum, that dessert is wonderful. I have had it both at lunch and dinner. It's very light IMO.

Just another example of how Biergarten really is an underappreciated gem. No, it's not an epicurian wonder, but contrary to perceptions there's a lot more here than just wursts and cabbage salad. The buffet (next to Boma) is one of the broadest in WDW and literally does offer something for just about all but the absolute fussiest eaters.

Mine came with vanilla sauce on top. Apparently that's not the usual way it comes?

In the picture posted by MsCoz2000, it looks like that's the vanilla sauce in the bowl in the lower right corner. My guess is that it's separate so you can choose whether or not to have it. As I recall, they also have the vanilla sauce to put on the struedel.

Here's the recipe from allears if you want to try and replicate it at home :goodvibes

Rote Grütze
(chilled fruit stew)

Ingredients:

1/2 pound sour cherries, pitted (can use canned)
1/2 pound red currants
1/2 pound raspberries
1/2 pound strawberries, sliced
1/2 pound granulated sugar
8 ounces water
1/4 ounce gelatin powder
1 ounce corn starch

Method of Preparation:

Clean and prepare all fruit, removing stems. In a large saucepan simmer red currants and sugar and half the water until slightly thickened. Then dissolve the gelatin in 2 ounces of the water. Place on the stove and heat until the gelatin dissolves. Then add the cornstarch to the remaining water and dissolve to make a smooth liquid. Slowly pour the dissolved gelatin, the cornstarch and ½ of the remaining fruit into the red currant mixture stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer for about one minute. Portion into glasses and chill for at least one hour.

The consistency should not be as firm as jello or as runny as custard, but just that perfect point between. Serve with Vanilla Sauce or cream.

:cutie:

Here's the recipe from allears if you want to try and replicate it at home :goodvibes

Rote Grütze
(chilled fruit stew)

Ingredients:

1/2 pound sour cherries, pitted (can use canned)
1/2 pound red currants
1/2 pound raspberries
1/2 pound strawberries, sliced
1/2 pound granulated sugar
8 ounces water
1/4 ounce gelatin powder
1 ounce corn starch

Method of Preparation:

Clean and prepare all fruit, removing stems. In a large saucepan simmer red currants and sugar and half the water until slightly thickened. Then dissolve the gelatin in 2 ounces of the water. Place on the stove and heat until the gelatin dissolves. Then add the cornstarch to the remaining water and dissolve to make a smooth liquid. Slowly pour the dissolved gelatin, the cornstarch and ½ of the remaining fruit into the red currant mixture stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer for about one minute. Portion into glasses and chill for at least one hour.

The consistency should not be as firm as jello or as runny as custard, but just that perfect point between. Serve with Vanilla Sauce or cream.

:cutie:

That sounds fabulous, I have never tried it but think I might make it....:woohoo:

I wonder if you could use this to make trifle? That'd be fun- make an English dessert from a German recipe!

Just another example of how Biergarten really is an underappreciated gem. No, it's not an epicurian wonder, but contrary to perceptions there's a lot more here than just wursts and cabbage salad.

I completely agree! We :love: Biergarten! It is a must-do for us!

OP, the German name is Rote Gruetzeas. Unfortunately, I don't think it's offered at the German CS. (The bavarian cream cake is my personal fave!)

We went to the Biergarten in Dec, and when we made our plans for our "Anniversary" trip in April, the first thing that DH said was" We will be eating at the Biergarten again, right?"

Seems to be pretty easy to get into for Lunch, we had made reservations but there were plenty of extra open tables.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter