• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My new DISNEY SCRAPROOM / OFFICE / GUESTROOM

SplshMtn99

<font color=blue>She talks to me in pretty <font c
I've had a nice scrapping set up in our master bedroom for a while, but I always hated not being near the computer which is in our office/guestroom. I also felt the office guestroom was brighter & felt more inspiring.

I quit my job in Feb (take this job & shove it) & we cancelled the new custom condo that was to be built. I was really missing not having the scrap room I was going to have at the new house. So we decided to do ALOT of furniture shuffling & re-arranging of storage, so I could get my scrapping stuff into the office.

So, now it's a scraproom / office / guest room. I didn't want to spend much money since no paycheck coming in. Only bought 3 filing cabinets & a sofa bed. (We gave the full size bed to my mom because she really really liked the mattress. Heck, it was hers originally anyway. lol) We went to twin size sofa bed to save space - even has storage built-in underneath it. Got rid of bureaus & dresser. Totally re-worked the closet situation. And to decorate.....gathered up EVERYTHING Disney from around the house that I could find. (I have more.) I would of loved to have painted, but we don't mention painting very often to DH. And someday, new carpeting for the house. But for now, it's neat & organized, not as pretty as my other rooms.....BUT IT'S MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still need to hang frame over sofa; & put up shelf for printer. And put a picture from each trip into a WDW collage frame I got on last trip. Just in time, mom is staying the weekend for Easter.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4002141&a=32148240&f=0

Click each photo for larger picture. Hold cursor over picture for text.

Very nice!!!
I noticed on the computer you were already on DIS! LOL

I love the t-shirt!!! That is great!!!

I LOVE YOUR ROOM!!!

The T-shirt Idea was great.

and the futon/sofa is just what we've been looing for so I showed DH!!!

thanks for sharing.

Congratulations on your own space! You have some great Disney stuff....I love the Yankee candle topper.... :)

I love your Mickey desktop theme on your computer screen, is it from a software program? or free download on the net?

Your scrapping/office/guest room looks great. :thumbsup2

Looks great! You've got lots of workplace and that sofa bed is a great versatile piece!

Your room is fabulous....

I hope you don't mind but I might have to "scraplift" your t-shirt idea...I have so many Disney/WDW t-shirts and sweatshirts that I love the design but they don't quite fit right....framing them would be great....can I ask exactly how you did it so it didn't look like a t-shirt...did you cut the t-shirt????

Mickey&JoshNut said:
Your room is fabulous....

I hope you don't mind but I might have to "scraplift" your t-shirt idea...I have so many Disney/WDW t-shirts and sweatshirts that I love the design but they don't quite fit right....framing them would be great....can I ask exactly how you did it so it didn't look like a t-shirt...did you cut the t-shirt????

Thanks. No problem, that's why I actually posted it on a separate thread. The shirt is intact...and can be re-used or changed out easy enough. Hardest part was getting every spec of lint & cat fur off the black shirt. LOL

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1084545

Love the room - looks great! Gets me inspired to finish my new study :)

Looks great!! I love the yankee candle topper is that from yankee candle???

JulianneCP said:
Looks great!! I love the yankee candle topper is that from yankee candle???

I don't think so. My DSIL gave it to me as a gift a few years ago. I've seen them in Downtown Disney before with "WDW" written on it. This one doesn't say that. Knowing her, it was either from a Disney Store or Disney catalog.

SplshMtn99 said:
Thanks. No problem, that's why I actually posted it on a separate thread. The shirt is intact...and can be re-used or changed out easy enough. Hardest part was getting every spec of lint & cat fur off the black shirt. LOL

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1084545

Thanks so much for posting the link....I will look for a frame the next time I'm at Michael's.

What a nice, organized space to create in!! I hope you really enjoy it! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter